THE BROWNS BOARD

Jimmy Grabsapillow Traded to....

Mark O

Hoyer wont come here to mentor kizer, he already proved with jm that he isnt really that kind of guy. Mccown on the other hand, jesus christ i want the person responsible for letting him go fired....even if it was hue. I cant imagine hue being so stupid knowing kizer was a project and having a guy like mccown on the roster who explicitly stated he's mire than willing to help a team mentor a young qb and take over some games when the nooby is having nooby probs. 

Seriously that is the only thing currently that woyld enrage me to the point i say hues got to go. Everything else thats happened i take with a grain of salt bec i know the situation this entire franchise is in. But canning a productive vet qb cause why? Cause ossweiler came in? I just know that the mccown thing was the doing of the weasely little analytics fgts that look at everything on a piece of paper and doodle iyt some meaningless equation

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if they don't extend JimmyG, niners could franchise him at 24M per.

I don't think this is a big deal -- the one that we really should have done is getting Pro Bowl DT Dareus from the Bills for only a 6th .. the Jags got him for the same price we paid for our current nonsense kicker.

39 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hoyer wont come here to mentor kizer, he already proved with jm that he isnt really that kind of guy. Mccown on the other hand, jesus christ i want the person responsible for letting him go fired....even if it was hue. I cant imagine hue being so stupid knowing kizer was a project and having a guy like mccown on the roster who explicitly stated he's mire than willing to help a team mentor a young qb and take over some games when the nooby is having nooby probs. 

Seriously that is the only thing currently that woyld enrage me to the point i say hues got to go. Everything else thats happened i take with a grain of salt bec i know the situation this entire franchise is in. But canning a productive vet qb cause why? Cause ossweiler came in? I just know that the mccown thing was the doing of the weasely little analytics fgts that look at everything on a piece of paper and doodle iyt some meaningless equation

In fairness no one would have been able to mentor the trainwreck named Johnny

hmmm....quite interesting.  If I were the Patriots i would've traded Jimmy G and KEPT Brissett as my backup.  I mean, Brissett isn't headed toward FA any time soon.  -  If they didn't think Jimmy G was their future...or that they didn't want to franchise him as a backup...but trading them BOTH away in the same season??  That's a little odd.

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

The Pats had to have dealt Jimmy before the Browns paid $16M for a 2nd round pick, via the hallow Brock Lobster transaction. That was time

That from Jason La Canfora.  

Huh?

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

This is great news for us. Much better shot at Cousins now!

Indeed. Excellent.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

hmmm....quite interesting.  If I were the Patriots i would've traded Jimmy G and KEPT Brissett as my backup.  I mean, Brissett isn't headed toward FA any time soon.  -  If they didn't think Jimmy G was their future...or that they didn't want to franchise him as a backup...but trading them BOTH away in the same season??  That's a little odd.

Brissett isn't their future either.

Stop the cousins masturbation. He will take less money to go somewhere with a competent receiving corp. I would like it dont get me wrong, but the guy isnt coming to cleveland. He's going to have alot of suitors this offseason. A guy like that isnt coming to clev to throw tonthese stone handed numptys we got running out into the pattern. He just isnt unless we offered an obscene contract with so much guaranteed that if he gets his a ss  tooled out for a seadon or two he can just retire. Is that what u guys want?

11 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Stop the cousins masturbation. He will take less money to go somewhere with a competent receiving corp. I would like it dont get me wrong, but the guy isnt coming to cleveland. He's going to have alot of suitors this offseason. A guy like that isnt coming to clev to throw tonthese stone handed numptys we got running out into the pattern. He just isnt unless we offered an obscene contract with so much guaranteed that if he gets his a ss  tooled out for a seadon or two he can just retire. Is that what u guys want?

Where can he go where he's immediately the starter without a doubt?

NYJ

I suppose Denver is trending that way but they won't pay him, so not them.

Possibly Arizona

That's about it. Every other team in the league has their guy.

5 hours ago, Mark O said:

Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

49ers and Patriots began talking trade Monday morning and, by tonight, the trade was officially agreed upon. Garoppolo to San Francisco.

Both from Adam Schefter on the twitter.

In the farming world, it is well known that you never buy a horse from an Amishman.........

In the NFL it is well known that you don't buy a horse from Bill Belichik.

Ah, yes, the 49'ers. Wunderkind of talent acquisition.

I'm just so...underwhelmed.  I knew that trades were pretty rare this time of year, and I really didn't expect anything...but still...I guess a part of me was kind of hoping for something.  Just something that would help make the team a little more fun.  

Even if we got JG, he'd still be throwing to the same people, but a part of me thinks that'd still result in a few possible wins.  I mean, look back at all the throws Kizer has missed for scores.  JG makes just half of those, and we probably have at least 1 win...probably more.  

19 minutes ago, Mark O said:

.@JasonLaCanfora suggests on @CLETalkingHeads Jimmy G wasn't traded to #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png because McDaniels and Caserio will be new Coach and GM.

New coach and GM of who?  Browns?  Pats? 49ers?

And isn't Garrapolo a FA at the end of this year.   Which means that he may not in fact have to stay on with the 49ers, fair to say?  Unless they franchise him.

But I don't see why the 9ers would give up a 2d round pick for just a half season rental.  I guess they must intend to negotiate with him to stay there....and barring that, to franchise him.

Just now, The Gipper said:

New coach and GM of who?  Browns?  Pats? 49ers?

And isn't Garrapolo a FA at the end of this year.   Which means that he may not in fact have to stay on with the 49ers, fair to say?  Unless they franchise him.

But I don't see why the 9ers would give up a 2d round pick for just a half season rental.  I guess they must intend to negotiate with him to stay there....and barring that, to franchise him.

I would say the Browns....and I'm sure they will franchise him unless he sucks for the next 8 games.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Also.....I heard that this deal left the Pats without a single other QB on their roster, not even on the PS, other than Brady.

So...who is coming in to back up Brady.

Could, perhaps, the K word be in play there?

I doubt it.   Brian Hoyer will go back there and back up Brady.

17 hours ago, syd said:

all I can say and will is SUCK it to the poster here who wanted to send are first overall to the pats for a unproven player

I'll assume the Patriots got the higher of the 49ers two second round picks- which right now would be #33, (almost a first rounder) for sure probably no lower than #35.  At this point, I would have offered the same deal to the Patriots- MHO is Kizer is a waste of time. Take your pick of Kessler or Hogan in the deal, they're both cheap. 

14 hours ago, jcam222 said:

In fairness no one would have been able to mentor the trainwreck named Johnny

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Kenny Britt. Working hard showing Coleman the ropes...   

14 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Why?

High miles? Bad feet?

When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Love Sam. He has more football knowledge in his nutsack sweat than the entire FO.

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Was good to hear Sam.

Of course he went straight to the fact that we've got no veteran QB voice in the QB room....and right to our WR's & TE's, which are our 'playmakers', except they're NOT.  And his major point of a lawyer being put in charge of the 53 man roster.

Now, I applauded Haslam for thinking outside of the box in the Committee concept...because the one GM football guy thing was not working for him, each time he tried it.  But really, you have to have a true blue football guy in that committee.  And he has to be given a strong voice.  -  Hue is the football guy for us...and he was SUPPOSED to have a voice, but I truly do not believe that his voice was given much credence.  

It was funny when Sam was asked what Hue should do now (as far as the rest of the season goes).....I'm certain that Sam wanted to say, "Well, Hue's phucked.  What the hell CAN he do with what he's got."  

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

Hue is the football guy for us...and he was SUPPOSED to have a voice, but I truly do not believe that his voice was given much credence.  

Haslam likes "yes men" and Hue was cool with that and the Sashi moneyball Front Office because he thought they'd let him have more of a say.

But if Jimmy likes a QB, I bet they take him over what Hue wants.

Sashi is trying to save money and look for undervalued talent (Kizer)

Good QB's are rare.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.

But some of them value their animals Tom. My brother had hunting privileges on an Amish guys farm- if you see a groundhog, shoot it- I don't want any of my horses falling into one of their holes & breaking a leg. As an aside- the best bacon I've ever had in my life came from that guy's farm. He smoked it over some hickory, and didn't particularly care how much wood he was using. And damn near zero shrinkage, unlike you get with the max water injected commercial crap. 

Archived