THE BROWNS BOARD

"With the First Pick of the 2018 Draft, the Browns Select..."

Brownsdon'tknowwhy

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not McGlinchey.. because the OT should be the legacy of Orlando Brown.

We need QB and DB with our first 2..

1/1 QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville

1/15 CB Ken Webster, Ole Miss [Fitzpatrick / Derwin James /  Denzel Ward are other options] . DT Wilkins/Clemson would be the other option.

2/2 OT Orlando Brown Jr, Oklahoma

2/15 WR Christian Kirk, TAMU

2/32 RB Nick Chubb, Georgia

3/1 WR Simmie Cobbs/Indiana if he's on the board.. else Iman Marshall / CB / USC .. or DT Trenton Thomson/Georgia

trouble is, there is no way Kirk lasts til the second round - I like Ridley better - bigger,  outstanding pass catcher,

a you can't cover me wr.

simmie cobbs, no thanks. He's a character problem, drops and doesn't catch passes problem, and has

an injury history.

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

trouble is, there is no way Kirk lasts til the second round - I like Ridley better - bigger,  outstanding pass catcher,

a you can't cover me wr.

simmie cobbs, no thanks. He's a character problem, drops and doesn't catch passes problem, and has

an injury history.

I'll take a gentleman's bet that Kirk will be there in the second round. Want it?

Sure, I'll bet you a buck. lol. Kirk is said to be edging out Ridley as the top wr in the draft by some.

I still like Josh Allen with the first overall pick. He is ACCURATE more than Jackson, more character than

Rosen, which is easy.... has the size, the bigtime arm, the love for the game, and a lot of mobility. and,

he's very, very smart as a qb.

And I'll still go with Ridley with the second pick, which is somewhere around 10-15 I suppose.

I've been saying Kirk's overrated since the middle of last season, and no one here has watched him more than me.

His PFF grade in the last two games is under 42. 

He's eclipsed 60 yards just once this season.

He's on pace for 51 catches (and he is usually targeted 8+ times per game), 600 yards, and 7.5 TDs as a THIRD YEAR starter with a bunch of freshman receivers aroudn him.

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

I've been saying Kirk's overrated since the middle of last season, and no one here has watched him more than me.

His PFF grade in the last two games is under 42. 

He's eclipsed 60 yards just once this season.

He's on pace for 51 catches (and he is usually targeted 8+ times per game), 600 yards, and 7.5 TDs as a THIRD YEAR starter with a bunch of freshman receivers aroudn him.

True. However just like Garrett before him, the defenses are geared at stopping him before any other player on the team.

EDIT: And like the Browns we had not had great QB play and often miss him with overthrows deep.

There may be a few drawbacks to Rudolph.:

Strengths
- Appears very accurate with touch 
- Prototypical size
- Plenty of arm strength
- Makes smart decisions with the football
- Should end his career with over 40 starts to his credit
- Above-average athlete 

Weaknesses
- Plays in a spread scheme
- Pre-snap responsibility is minimal
- Smaller hands struggled in the rain

But you know what his biggest drawback is?   He plays in the Big 12.   And what QBs has the Big 12 produced? A few, but most definitely mediocre at best.  Current Big 12 QBs in the NFL

Brandon Weeden

Geno Smith

Sam Bradford

Landry Jones

Trevone Boykin

Andy Dalton

Colt McCoy

Patrick Mahomes

Anyone else?

Dalton probably the best.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

There may be a few drawbacks to Rudolph.:

Strengths
- Appears very accurate with touch 
- Prototypical size
- Plenty of arm strength
- Makes smart decisions with the football
- Should end his career with over 40 starts to his credit
- Above-average athlete 

Weaknesses
- Plays in a spread scheme
- Pre-snap responsibility is minimal
- Smaller hands struggled in the rain

But you know what his biggest drawback is?   He plays in the Big 12.   And what QBs has the Big 12 produced? A few, but most definitely mediocre at best.  Current Big 12 QBs in the NFL

Brandon Weeden

Geno Smith

Sam Bradford

Landry Jones

Trevone Boykin

Andy Dalton

Colt McCoy

Patrick Mahomes

Anyone else?

Dalton probably the best.

Another weakness is the red nose....couldn't possibly disguise a handoff

nope. the new qb for the Browns will be Josh Allen. Hogan and Kizer can back him up.

We passed on Wentz, big colossal mistake - Allen is the Wentz type - just draft him - he's the

real deal.

I don't care about the hype over Rosen, Darnold, etc. really dont' care. When I look at film of all the top qb's...

Allen is my qb if I was going to draft one. He has the Carson Wentz factors - strong arm, touch on the ball, very

mobile, has that fire, that competitiveness, the leadership, the high football IQ, the instincts, the timing,

rough tough outstanding kid - multi-sport athletic ...maybe the strongest arm, but the most accurate arm, he extends

plays naturally - looks off the safeties instinctively - often, he can be looking left, and immediately turn and look

right, and throw a pass. He throws passes like guided missiles. JOSH ALLEN. Browns first round pick.

Amazing - Allen even got advice from Carson Wentz ! No wonder I see them being so similar ~

they BOTH played for the same coach  ...Craig Bohl ! The new Browns qb - JOSH ALLEN

I watch Allen play, and he does a lot of small things that Kizer never can do. Allen is my

Carson Wentz can't miss pick.

Archived