THE BROWNS BOARD

"With the First Pick of the 2018 Draft, the Browns Select..."

Brownsdon'tknowwhy

2 hours ago, Babernakle said:

As I said a new qb and or running back will not help the browns.  To get better and win the offensive line has to get better.  Either through the draft or free agency.  The browns line o line blows period.  The only way to win is through high line play.  Exception Russell Wilson.  The browns have done this same cycle  over and over.  We have to get a qb we have to get WRs.  And it fails.  Time for a new direction.  

Really, how much more fixing do you want? Joe thomas is HOF, Bitonio is considered one of the better LG in the NFL, and Zeitler is considered one of the top RG in the game- and got paid like one in FA. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Babernakle said:

As I said a new qb and or running back will not help the browns.  To get better and win the offensive line has to get better.  Either through the draft or free agency.  The browns line o line blows period.  The only way to win is through high line play.  Exception Russell Wilson.  The browns have done this same cycle  over and over.  We have to get a qb we have to get WRs.  And it fails.  Time for a new direction.  

That's pretty ignorant, considering how much we spent on the o-line this offseason. You need to make QB and WR, two of our weakest positions better.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And if you like Allen, you have to love Deshone KIzer-

oh, bullhockey. I keep watching Allen do things in college that Kizer doesn't even do in the pros. Kizer nearly never

looks off receivers - he stares them down like he has no clue. Allen often looks one way, scans across the field, throws

into the middle, or the exact opposite direction he started out looking at.Allen has different throws - he has a lot of different

touches on the ball when he throws... Kizer only has one throw - straight bullet, way too hard for short throws.... Allen played in

the same pro-style offense that Wentz did, because he has the same coach that Wentz did. Kizer did NOT play in a pro-style offense.

Uncle-Si-Nah.jpg 

32 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

Why not trade up to have the 1st and 2nd picks. It's not like we are short of draft picks.

For what purpose?  Who do you have in mind?  

The year to have done that is last year, then they could have had Garrett and Trubisky.

And...if they had just turned in the card...this year they could have had Garrett and Watson.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, bullhockey. I keep watching Allen do things in college that Kizer doesn't even do in the pros. Kizer nearly never

looks off receivers - he stares them down like he has no clue. Allen often looks one way, scans across the field, throws

into the middle, or the exact opposite direction he started out looking at.Allen has different throws - he has a lot of different

touches on the ball when he throws... Kizer only has one throw - straight bullet, way too hard for short throws.... Allen played in

the same pro-style offense that Wentz did, because he has the same coach that Wentz did. Kizer did NOT play in a pro-style offense.

Nice deflection- he's still not accurate enough. Says me and Ag. 

9 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Not to mention  Sam Darnold already said he's not going to Cleveland 

Care to show us a link where he allegedly said this? 

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Mayfield does have about 3 inches on Johnny.  And that's about it.

I doubt that. We'll see at the combine.

I thought JFF was about 5'10"....and Mayfield is listed at 6'1".    

Is that wrong?

Yes. By a decent amount.

Good for Darnold.  Let's avoid him completely by picking Lamar Jackson.

I'm glad Houston is sucking such that our [their] picks in 1 and 2 become that much higher.. looks like we'll be high enough to take CB Ken Webster [Miss] with the second 1st-rounder to be our shutdown CB.  Or Derwin James if Webster's gone already.

On 11/8/2017 at 12:15 PM, Babernakle said:

Everyone needs to stop with the qb and rb talk.  For the millionth time it will not matter who you get they cant run through 5 rushers and you can throw when your on your back.  Fix the line, fix the gosh dam line.  Cleveland focus should be on nothing but the line with the first to picks and free agency.  Then bring back hue for another year and go get a qb in free agency for a bridge to the franchise qb.  Do you want what the colts have.  Have luck and he's hurt and my never be the same.  Fix the line and the whole team will be better.  And personal I would like to see what cardell jones could do behind a great line. And he would be cheap. Cause god know the Cleveland fans don't want hoyer even though he brought wins. 

The line is fine. Until this team finds a legitimate starting QB, this fan base will suffer. 

31 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Yup,  just the usual "reports" from the same couple of "sources" and not a single quote from Darnold anywhere saying "I don't want to play for the Browns".

Right....I heard it on the typical sports shows but I have heard it from college football "insiders" that he wasn't a lock to come out and that was back early in the season.   Nothing as dramatic as I don't want to play for the Browns or any other team for that matter, just that he wasn't completely committed to leaving school early. 

This from Royce on OL^^The one thing I'll give SB credit for. We may now have a new young core of starting 2nd fiddle players, thru his re-boot process, but the OL is locked up peeps..The new core OL is signed up'd--JT till 2019..Durango-Coleman-Tretter till 2020..Zeiter till 22..Joel thru 2023..The real issues may show-up if one more goes down? M.Martin,Reiter,Barker are all signed thru 2018. We may need a good look at sometime.Agree with Tour on Zach Banner's early poor performance at next level but his rookie contract gets him here till 2021.. if a Schwartz or Greco shall ever come out in Zach? Get RB's with some burst/vision/hole anticipation with balance. Than a QB that can be allowed to kill the play to the right plays(Hue's formation won't allow this most the time,flag hue not the players)..This OL will face 8 in the box till SB finds a QB with some passing touch & 3 WR's that can start on someones Thanksgiving Day Family Football Game..(a early gobble,gobble)..      

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The more I watch Wilson the more I pray we find a receiver like Baldwin to win those type of balls that shouldn't be completed.  

Indeed.

But, if Gordon ever looks halfway as good as he used to, Coleman stays healthy, and Njoku keeps developing, it's a damn good start. They will likely land a bust top WR in the draft too, so we shall see.

I haven't seen Allen play at all, but his stats definitely don't scream "franchise NFL QB"

4 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I haven't seen Allen play at all, but his stats definitely don't scream "franchise NFL QB"

Well everyone gets a chance tomorrow night @ 10:15 pm eastern on ESPNU. They are @ a not very good defensively Air Force team. You can also watch Texas A&M-N.M. the game before (7pm). We only have freshman QB's, but you can watch WR Christian Kirk though.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Gip-I'm thinking both of them are day 2 at the earliest. Worth a gamble round 3 on maybe.

They won't last that long I do not believe.  Washington is considered one of the prime WR prospects out there.   Rudolph could go in round one...as he is prototypical size, arm, athleticism. Puts up big numbers.    And if there is a run on QBs...he will go Day one.  And wait till they go through the season.  Last year at this time a lot of people thought Trubisky was a Day 2 prospect.    Well...the numeral 2 was correct....just not for the right designation.

Here's whats left of the NCAA 2016 power rankings by CBS of QB's that run a similar Pro-Style Offense..#2.Josh Rosen(63%)..#3.Luke Falk(68%)..#4.Mason Rudolph(63%)..#6.Tanner Mangum-BYU(he's 24) out Achilles..#7.Jake Browning Washington(68%)..#11.Brett Rypien(65%)<<Mark's son at Boise St...#12.Brent Stockhill-Middle Tennessee..If Hue is still around? Lamar Jackson just now hit a 60% Completion percentage of his college career        

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

They won't last that long I do not believe.  Washington is considered one of the prime WR prospects out there.   Rudolph could go in round one...as he is prototypical size, arm, athleticism. Puts up big numbers.    And if there is a run on QBs...he will go Day one.  And wait till they go through the season.  Last year at this time a lot of people thought Trubisky was a Day 2 prospect.    Well...the numeral 2 was correct....just not for the right designation.

Writeup on Washington from Walterfootball: They rate him as 16th best WR

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/OklahomaState_logo.gif

OklahomaState_logo.gif James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2018): 3-5.

11/4/17: Washington has caught 45 passes for 1,005 yards with eight touchdowns this season. He is a deep-threat receiver with a lot of production in his college spread attack, which takes advantage of a lot of weak defenses.

Some team sources told me they graded Washington as a mid-rounder. Washington has a running back build and is not really twitchy. He is deceptively fast, but that is build-up speed rather than first-step explosiveness. Sources also say that he has good hands, but doesn't really make players miss after the catch. One team source said they graded Washington as a late fourth-rounder.

7/17/17: Over the past few seasons, Washington has been a big-play threat for the Cowboys. He put 71 receptions for 1,380 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2016, including a record-setting game against Pittsburgh (9-296-2) and a domination of Colorado cornerback Chidobe Awuzie in the bowl game (9-171-1). As a sophomore, Washington snagged 53 passes for 1,087 yards with 10 scores. Washington has decent size and can stretch teams vertically with speed.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018WR.php#Wv6CWQb4f5wG6WLj.99

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well everyone gets a chance tomorrow night @ 10:15 pm eastern on ESPNU. They are @ a not very good defensively Air Force team. You can also watch Texas A&M-N.M. the game before (7pm). We only have freshman QB's, but you can watch WR Christian Kirk though.

I'll be tuned in Ag. & besides if you're scouting- Saturday 4PM EST FOX USC- Colorado (Darnold). 8PM EST FOX Oklahoma- TCU (Mayfield). Next Saturday you get a double whammy- USC- UCLA Darnold vs Rosen. Break out the Doritos and beer. 

Archived