THE BROWNS BOARD

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

LondonBrown

13 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I will start this by saying that I still completely do, 100%, agree with the current front office approach to changing the Browns. I know that’s an unpopular opinion and I know that lots here will either stop reading through disillusion or plain anger, but it is how I feel.

After 2015 the Browns tore this entire football club down, and I mean down, completely. It wasn’t just a regime change like has happened in the NFL ad nauseam, it was a deliberate wipe out of almost everything that had been before. I bet they even changed the toothpaste in dressing rooms.

As of the start of the 2016 draft the Browns were an expansion team, the fans don’t believe that, but it IS what they believe in Berea, even if they’d never admit it publicly.

So, onto what they’ve done since, start by admitting to yourself that no FO is ever going to hit on every pick, every trade, every waiver or every cut. It doesn’t happen here and it doesn’t happen in NE. The problem here is when you tear it all down every decision is magnified, why cut Haden and watch TY Hilton get 254 yards in one game? That’s because it is IRRELEVANT. One big play, or two, or three, is not why Haslam put this FO in place and it isn’t why Podesta is here to apparently ruin his reputation.

This is and was a 3, 4 or 5 draft “process”, I don’t care how many of you hate that word, but it is a fact. It’s an expansion team. They have already put together a good defense you can see it on the field. If the offense keeps them off it they will be even better, which brings me to the main issue, our offense. The line is fixed already if all fit, no question.  

We don’t have a QB right now, they know it and the fans certainly know it. But guess what?.... they aren’t stuck with what they have, they will draft one next year like they have the last two because they know that you can never stop looking. Shoving a second and a third on one and yet keeping lots of picks was deliberate, they took chances.

The roster is getting better, and once they hit the QB, a lot will be in place. They are doing what they set out to do two years ago. And I hope Jimmy lets them they carry on with it.      

Disillusion?....you said it!...on your part. I respect your opinion, but I have a difficult time understanding how any sane person can watch this crap, knowing  these morons have had their plan in place for a year and a half, and still be this incompetent. To read your post, I have to conclude that you're related to Sashi.....or maybe you are Sashi. I've seen too many teams as bad as we were in 2015, and quickly recognize the problems and fix them, to buy into this crap. If there was one ounce of progression or improvement, I would consider that we are headed in the right direction. I've been a passionate fan since the early 60's, and clearly, without any question, this is the worst I've seen with this organization. There has been NO improvement in coaching,  execution by the players, or talent evaluation. If you're satisfied with what you see after the amount of time these clowns have had, you are the most patient person on Earth. I say...fire them all...immediately. Then, a qualified NFL person can come in and make the changes needed to become a legitimate NFL team.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wargograw said:

You know he’d be hurt if he were with us too, and meanwhile we’d lose one of the guys we currently have. 

Not so sure he'd be hurt if he was only coming in for a game or a half at a time. He's dine fine pulling full duty with the jets. But losing hogan or kessler omg omg no, not that, anything but that

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

With a team that's 1-23 Sashi Brown went home at 5pm the night before the trade deadline. The coaching staff and others were in office working the phones. This same night Jimmy G. goes to SF for a 2nd rounder. Now either Sashis work ethic sucks, he's completely lost in denial or both. 

I kinda vote for both.

7 hours ago, darren15 said:

Bring in a FOOTBALL man to run a FOOTBALL team .....

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

T And using non football people to pick the players has only made it worse

Holmgren (30+ years NFL experience) - 5-11, 4-12, 5-11

Lombardi (30 years NFL experience)  - 4-12

Farmer (former player, 10 years NFL experience) - 7-9, 3-13

Yeah, having a "football guy in charge" really made a ton of difference...

I swear to God, you guys are dumb as hell.

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

With a team that's 1-23 Sashi Brown went home at 5pm the night before the trade deadline. The coaching staff and others were in office working the phones. This same night Jimmy G. goes to SF for a 2nd rounder. Now either Sashis work ethic sucks, he's completely lost in denial or both. 

Jimmy G is overrated, plus if you'd read anything other than Tony Grossi's hysterics you would've learned that the Browns also offered a 2nd round pick and change for him. NE rejected that offer for SF who probably sweetened it by releasing Hoyer whom NE can claim for their backup.

Objectively this is the best defense we've fielded since the return and that can consistently stop the run. They've made mistakes,  firstly they didn't need to strip the team to the studs but could have built around a core of Schwartz, Gabriel, Sheard, Haden and a few others I can't recall.  Passing on Wentz was a gamble they took to acquire more players (6 so far, plus more next draft I think), plus Wentz wasn't a sure thing either; Grossi didn't like him either.

I think they presented Jimmy with a four year plan,what's the point blowing it up halfway? Randy Lerner listened to the fans and brought in Holmgren when Mangini had started turning things around, how did that work out?

24 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Apparently the plan this year is to go winless and get the #1 pick.  Seriously,  a team this bad and no deals before the deadline? 

Haven't you heard? The SS 1-23 Brownstanic is right on course and it's full steam ahead, and nothing can possibly stand in its way to arriving at its destiny............  

Maybe we should promote the special advisor

3 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Maybe we should promote the special advisor

We have a dude named Chisolm in the FO? How exactly is that pronounced? 

5 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Ok, I'm stupid. But I know 4, 6 or 7 are bigger numbers than one or zero. Even coaches kid know this FO is FU

4,6 and 7 get us a lot of postseason play, don’t they?

Remember that awesome 4 win season where we made it to the AFC Championship? How about that 5 win season where we almost won the Super Bowl?

Clamoring for a “football guy” because he can get us to 4 wins is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

18 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I will start this by saying that I still completely do, 100%, agree with the current front office approach to changing the Browns. I know that’s an unpopular opinion and I know that lots here will either stop reading through disillusion or plain anger, but it is how I feel.

After 2015 the Browns tore this entire football club down, and I mean down, completely. It wasn’t just a regime change like has happened in the NFL ad nauseam, it was a deliberate wipe out of almost everything that had been before. I bet they even changed the toothpaste in dressing rooms.

As of the start of the 2016 draft the Browns were an expansion team, the fans don’t believe that, but it IS what they believe in Berea, even if they’d never admit it publicly.

So, onto what they’ve done since, start by admitting to yourself that no FO is ever going to hit on every pick, every trade, every waiver or every cut. It doesn’t happen here and it doesn’t happen in NE. The problem here is when you tear it all down every decision is magnified, why cut Haden and watch TY Hilton get 254 yards in one game? That’s because it is IRRELEVANT. One big play, or two, or three, is not why Haslam put this FO in place and it isn’t why Podesta is here to apparently ruin his reputation.

This is and was a 3, 4 or 5 draft “process”, I don’t care how many of you hate that word, but it is a fact. It’s an expansion team. They have already put together a good defense you can see it on the field. If the offense keeps them off it they will be even better, which brings me to the main issue, our offense. The line is fixed already if all fit, no question.  

We don’t have a QB right now, they know it and the fans certainly know it. But guess what?.... they aren’t stuck with what they have, they will draft one next year like they have the last two because they know that you can never stop looking. Shoving a second and a third on one and yet keeping lots of picks was deliberate, they took chances.

The roster is getting better, and once they hit the QB, a lot will be in place. They are doing what they set out to do two years ago. And I hope Jimmy lets them they carry on with it.      

Are you sure you are watching American Football?

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Holmgren (30+ years NFL experience) - 5-11, 4-12, 5-11

Lombardi (30 years NFL experience)  - 4-12

Farmer (former player, 10 years NFL experience) - 7-9, 3-13

Yeah, having a "football guy in charge" really made a ton of difference...

I swear to God, you guys are dumb as hell.

Bringing in a "football guy" in and of itself certainly isn't always the answer. The there we had are just great examples of bringing in the wrong guy. Holmgren probaby was the right guy 10 years ago but was in full coast mode. Lombardi is well....Lombardi and I cant really explain Farmer. 

Point being bringing in a football guy isnt a guarantee but bringing in the RIGHT football guy couldnt hurt. Wish we had brought in Tom Coughlin in some capacity. 

39 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Remember that awesome 4 win season where we made it to the AFC Championship? How about that 5 win season where we almost won the Super Bowl?

Clamoring for a “football guy” because he can get us to 4 wins is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

The right football guy is the key. Having guys in charge that don't know the game intimately is just brain dead thinking. And about what I expect from our stupid hillbilly owner. Hell, Jackson's daughter was tweeting that you can't make trades or know what's out there if you don't pick up a phone... Referring about stoshthepudpuller gm

22 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The right football guy is the key. Having guys in charge that don't know the game intimately is just brain dead thinking. And about what I expect from our stupid hillbilly owner. Hell, Jackson's daughter was tweeting that you can't make trades or know what's out there if you don't pick up a phone... Referring about stoshthepudpuller gm

You oughta know better than to argue with a zit faced millenial.. LOL!.. You might hurt those snowflake feelings of thiers.. they need safe places n Sheet...

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

And railing for a 1-23 organization is what??

19 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

The problem with the FO is that they sacrificed finding a franchise QB for everything else.  There were many people here, including myself, who were in on Wentz, to me that was better than trading down for picks, would you rather have Wentz or all the players acquired in trading that pick away? I bet just about every browns fan would take Wentz. Would you rather have DeShaun Watson or Peppers and the Texans first next yr? Right now I bet most fans would take Watson. The further away you pick a QB from the first round the less likely he will be a franchise QB, you are more likely to find that guy in the first. So far this FO with with 4 1st round picks has drafted zero QBs. Maybe Kizer gets right, I truely hope he does, but things aren't looking all that promising to this point. The value this FO has put on the QB position has been borne out by this teams play.

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Carson Wentz is not the only QB on planet earth. There are other drafts there are other players and we have boatload of picks. 

I'd agree with you if the front office was a part of the organization we have faith in.  You can have 20 picks but if you don't hit on them, they are useless.  On a 1-15 team you'd think a first round pick would be a consistent starter and producer.  Sashi & Co have yet to pick one.  Now many say "it's early" or "guys have been hurt" but those are rationalizations in a bottom line business and ones that were not afforded to other GMs and coaches.

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Carson Wentz is not the only QB on planet earth. There are other drafts there are other players and we have boatload of picks. 

For the last 2 years we have heard we have a boat load of picks but if you don't use them properly it doesn't mean anything. I would rather have a franchise QB than the picks. Its harded to find a quality QB then it is to find a quality WR or CB or LB or whatever. At what point do you pull the trigger on the QB how often can you kick the can down the road?

11 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

The amount of patience we as fans have is astounding. 

The younger the fan, the more patience they have......... I remember going to bed the night of January 11, 1987 and thinking "Well, today really sucked, but by the time I'm my dad's age, the Browns will have a couple of Super Bowl wins".

I am now approaching my Dad's age at that time - 50 in three weeks, and now honestly wonder if I will ever see another Browns playoff game again...... and I'm not trying to be funny either, as I seriously don't know if I will ever see one before my lights go out.

I get that the younger dudes are more "wait until next year, and you'll see" - hell, I was there too.............. but, be careful what you wish for, as 'next year' never comes and in the blink of an eye, you're past the 1/2 way point of your time on this planet. 

10 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Yeah this FO is great.. 1-23

Passed on Wentz, 

Passed on JuJu Smith-Scheuster

Drafted 4 WRs in 2016 and they are all garbage, except for the oft-injured Corey Coleman

These guys are geniuses..

Come on dude you forgot the 2 big time free agent WR that they signed in the last 2 years ROFLMFAO

31 minutes ago, D Bone said:

The younger the fan, the more patience they have......... I remember going to bed the night of January 11, 1987 and thinking "Well, today really sucked, but by the time I'm my dad's age, the Browns will have a couple of Super Bowl wins".

I am now approaching my Dad's age at that time - 50 in three weeks, and now honestly wonder if I will ever see another Browns playoff game again...... and I'm not trying to be funny either, as I seriously don't know if I will ever see one before my lights go out.

I get that the younger dudes are more "wait until next year, and you'll see" - hell, I was there too.............. but, be careful what you wish for, as 'next year' never comes and in the blink of an eye, you're past the 1/2 way point of your time on this planet. 

I was born in 89 and i'm hungry for ever to see us win NOW.

13 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

The Saints, Buccaneers, and Texans were atrocious for years (decades in the case of Bucs and Saints). Yet, they used traditional methods to get out of the hole.

When exactly did the Texans do this? If you're referring to now, well they've had a pretty decent team since about 2010. If you're going to count 2013 as some kind of "hole" that they got out of then you have no interest in actual analysis here. 

The Saints have been mediocre for years. Not great but not terrible. Yeah they're really good this year. When was this hole though?

The Bucs built the team before Winston got there. 

7 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

People really value their 4 wins around here. It's astonishing. I've even caught people saying outright that they'd take 4 wins a year over the potential wins of this FO. Really weird.

4 hours ago, stillmotion said:

The amount of patience we as fans have is astounding. 

Huh? On a thread where 95% of posters want to fire people you're saying we have patience?

Archived