THE BROWNS BOARD

This report about staff vs FO on garrapolo is not good...

Clevfan4life

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-jackson-coaches-‘irate’-browns-did-not-get-garoppolo/ar-AAuh7oo?li=BBnba9I

if this is true then wtf? We have 3 2nd round picks and couldnt land garrapolo? We could have "foisted" i mean sweetened the pot with Britt. Lols.....but stsly, this speaks to a major disconnect between staff and office. Not good. 

But what it also shows is hue is not on the kizer wagon no more. This has to mean Qb with the 1st pick next year

You're seeing reports that Gordon's rights will be traded.

His actual reinstatement is far from a foregone conclusion.. "could be near" is not "is 100% actually near".. Gordon is just a couple years away from going full TO and lifting weights shirtless in his driveway while grunting a demand for a roster spot.

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe.................just maybe......................Jimmy G made it clear to the Pats he had no interest in going to the Browns, the death valley of QBs, especially around Halloween.

Yep. My guess is NE didn't want him to fail in this toxic dump of an organization. SF is a much better option with Lynch and Shanahan.

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe.................just maybe......................Jimmy G made it clear to the Pats he had no interest in going to the Browns, the death valley of QBs, especially around Halloween.

Does that mean then that he is a Kunt?  The problem with this team is that it has not had a decent QB who is capable of leading this team to wins.  Ergo, by saying he has no interest in the Browns, he is telling us that he believes that he is a shitty, gutless QB.

But that's OK....I was never very high on the guy either. He may be OK....but I think he will get a rude awakening having to play for the 49ers (who really, in my opinion have much less overall talent than the Browns do on their roster)

1 minute ago, Dawgs89 said:

Yep. My guess is NE didn't want him to fail in this toxic dump of an organization. SF is a much better option with Lynch and Shanahan.

Sorry, but I think that Kyle Shanahan is at best Hue Jackson lite.  His reputation as being an OC and a QB guru is/was no better than Hue's.  And what kind of shape has that offense been out there?  As bad or worse than the Browns....and that has been WITH a semi-proven veteran QB.

I don't know about Lynch. Clearly too soon to tell about his GM qualities.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Sorry, but I think that Kyle Shanahan is at best Hue Jackson lite.  His reputation as being an OC and a QB guru is/was no better than Hue's.  And what kind of shape has that offense been out there?  As bad or worse than the Browns....and that has been WITH a semi-proven veteran QB.

I don't know about Lynch. Clearly too soon to tell about his GM qualities.

Hue Jackson has been a coach before and we know what he's not capable of. Shanahan has potential ( See last year) but he's got some flaws too.

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Reports on ESPN said he really wanted Watson and Hooker. That worked out well too.

Now I'm seeing reports that Gordon is gonna be reinstated, and they're likely trading him.

Gordon is going to get reinstated and manage to stay clean for the rest of his career, and end up in the PFHOF.

After we trade his rights for a conditional 6th rounder :lol:

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Mrs. Wife told me that a half hour ago when I got home.

We're awfully entertaining in the offseason.  Not so much during the season.  -  Looks like we're headed for another entertaining offseason.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Ergo, by saying he has no interest in the Browns, he is telling us that he believes that he is a shitty, gutless QB.

Not necessarily. It could also mean he thinks Hue is a shitty coach who will do nothing for his NFL career except possibly ruin it. If it were me in his place, I would not want to take that chance either.

I could probably give the FO on a pass for not reaching out again on JG to initiate things, but I would have to believe if Pats had an offer in the works with SF that  they didnt call back Cleveland or at least try to and say we are going to trade JG and this is the offer, if you want in you need to beat this offer. The fact we either weren't there to answer the phone or not willing to deal is a black mark on Sashi and team.

Just now, boo fagley said:

Jimmy G just wanted to start for an NFL team. The Browns are better than the 9ers.

Maybe NE thought now way with Hogan, Kizer and Kessler or the roster. Somebody is hell bent on Kizer and it might be Sashi.

Perhaps because Kizer is SO young.

I even had someone at work today say why the Shmuck would the browns get a project QB when they could of gotten watson?

I didn't have an answer. A champion is a champion, and Kizer has strengths, but freaking Notre Dame benched him last year.

Sick and tired of this Sheet QB mess. It's been going on twenty years.

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

I do mot believe that Sashi is not giving up on Kizer. If Jimmy came in then Kizer to the bench.

I would have loved to see Jimmy on this team.

Truth is Pettine liked Jimmy G and Derek Carr, yet we took Manziel.

I wanted Jimmy G, that quick release and smart wit

1 minute ago, boo fagley said:

He is, but how can you not take a QB with the 1st pick next draft?

I'm afraid we'll miss. I don't know if I see a Watson or Wentz. Rosen is iffy. I'd of rather had Cousins or Jimmy G. Maybe the 49ers realized that so that's why they made a deal.

Other teams are doing everything possible to win now, even San Fran, and we're content with our winless QB's.

19 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I'm afraid we'll miss. I don't know if I see a Watson or Wentz. Rosen is iffy. I'd of rather had Cousins or Jimmy G. Maybe the 49ers realized that so that's why they made a deal.

Other teams are doing everything possible to win now, even San Fran, and we're content with our winless QB's.

I am 100% on the Cousins band wagon. We have proven time and again we can't pick QBs in the draft. Even for the best talent evaluators it's a gamble. The only way we might pull a starting QB out of the draft is if we use every pick we have on QB's. Blind squirrel theory. 

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-jackson-coaches-‘irate’-browns-did-not-get-garoppolo/ar-AAuh7oo?li=BBnba9I

if this is true then wtf? We have 3 2nd round picks and couldnt land garrapolo? We could have "foisted" i mean sweetened the pot with Britt. Lols.....but stsly, this speaks to a major disconnect between staff and office. Not good. 

But what it also shows is hue is not on the kizer wagon no more. This has to mean Qb with the 1st pick next year

Hue is at least trying to win- now. The QB musical chairs tells me all I need to know. If it's even remotely true- "The Process" is going to get seriously tweaked in the off season. I'd demote Sashi back to contract negotiation- only. He's so far in over his head it's just sad. 

We have draft picks out the wazoo- Haslam has to know the fans are out of patience, and playing a failing Kizer to go 0-16 isn't going to sit well. It could  have been a trade deadline splash to show the long suffering fans we have at least a mild interest in winning a couple of games this year- but nope, just trust us with our boatload of 2018 draft picks. Sorry if I don't. Garropolo for a second? Darius for a 6th? Like that wouldn't even remotely improve the Browns THIS year? 

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I am 100% on the Cousins band wagon. We have proven time and again we can't pick QBs in the draft. Even for the best talent evaluators it's a gamble. The only way we might pull a starting QB out of the draft is if we use every pick we have on QB's. Blind squirrel theory. 

Agreed. Need to grab Cousins.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hue is at least trying to win- now. The QB musical chairs tells me all I need to know. If it's even remotely true- "The Process" is going to get seriously tweaked in the off season. I'd demote Sashi back to contract negotiation- only. He's so far in over his head it's just sad. 

We have draft picks out the wazoo- Haslam has to know the fans are out of patience, and playing a failing Kizer to go 0-16 isn't going to sit well. It could  have been a trade deadline splash to show the long suffering fans we have at least a mild interest in winning a couple of games this year- but nope, just trust us with our boatload of 2018 draft picks. Sorry if I don't. Garropolo for a second? Darius for a 6th? Like that wouldn't even remotely improve the Browns THIS year? 

We only want a large stock of young twenty year olds and undrafted free agents. maybe they will be good someday, maybe not, but we'll see.

who needs veteran leadership or a quarterback when your combined 3 QBs have never won an NFL game?

7 hours ago, stillmotion said:

The owner might be content, but me as a fan? No way! That's why all the griping. I can only think of a couple of other people that are content with this septic tank of a team.  They stink!

Often times before a catastrophic blow up, there's a signature event that the owner just can't ignore. Look no further than failing to get Garoppolo and then not filing the trade paperwork before the deadline. It's over folks. 

15 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Often times before a catastrophic blow up, there's a signature event that the owner just can't ignore. Look no further than failing to get Garoppolo and then not filing the trade paperwork before the deadline. It's over folks. 

And if it's not...it should be. Turn out the lights on this mess.

5 hours ago, stillmotion said:

We only want a large stock of young twenty year olds and undrafted free agents. maybe they will be good someday, maybe not, but we'll see.

who needs veteran leadership or a quarterback when your combined 3 QBs have never won an NFL game?

Ironic isn't it that our 2014 pick has infinitely more wins than any of them. What the hell bring him back for entertainment value alone and the occasional win for the fans. At least he could hit a wide open receiver long, unlike anyone we have now.

Archived