THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Coaching Staff to be fired, FO Likely Retained with addition of GM

CaineDeSoulis

David Gettlman build the Panthers in 3 seasons thru the draft. He knows what talent evaluates at the next level..Not willing to overpay Veterans..Gettlman would only accept SB's position..He's not a consensus guy..he's a football guy with proven resume in Philly & Carolina..It's Your call Haslem?   

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If jimmy lets mcdaniels come in and hire his own DC just take the team somewhere else. Cause we know the new DC will be gone again in 1-2 years i mean enough ofvthis fuk train and enough of u awful browns fans that so quickly forget how awful it feels to be figuratively standing on a street cirner begging for loose change to come coach in clev

if a guy gets a defense to go from 31st to 9th overall, and still gets let go after obe year.......what are we doing? This isnt a football organization

This all just shows how important winning is. Not capital W Winning, as in making the playoffs every year ... the ultimate goal, but winning as in grabbing a game here and there while you are rebuilding.

Already people are talking about losing out and rooting for the 49ers ... and I want to punch them.

We need to win football games.

The coaches are pissed that the FO leaves at 5 PM and is not getting them players while they work their asses off. The veteran players are becoming numb to the losing and there is no "edge" to pass on to the younger players. The young players feel like they got drafted by a joke and are already looking for a way to get out. Jimmy will "Have to do something" and either the FO or the coaching staff will get fired ... or both.

They made a grave mistake in the offseason in my opinion of not trading for someone like Garrapollo that could take the reigns and win us a few games. They made the mistake of keeping us too thin throughout the roster.

I GET totally dismantling the team last year and the resulting 1-15. But you HAVE to go at least 4-12 or 5-11 the next year so that EVERYONE (FO, Coaches, Players ... and even fans) stays on board with the process.

Football is different than the NBA and MLB. You can't tank. The Sixers tanked to get talent, the Astros tanked to get talent .. and results are happening. But in the NFL, these guys are giving up their bodies for you every Sunday. They are risking their careers to play, their livelihoods, their family's livelihood. If they feel you're not trying to win the lockerroom becomes poisoned, the young guys get poisoned and you are forever rebuilding. The coaching staff becomes embittered, the front office becomes isolated and everyone is making plans for their next move instead of giving all for the team.

Last week we sent a struggling rookie QB out there and told him to throw to Ricardo Luis, Rashard Higgins,  Sammie Coates, Bryce Treggs, Seth Devalve and rookie David Njoku ... and told him to win against the Vikings defense.

He can't win with those guys. We can't win with those guys. The coaches can't win with those guys, and the front office had plenty of money to go out and get us some guys ... so that we can win some games, build some momentum, have some hope, give the rookies and second year players some confidence and a taste of winning ... and they didn't do it.

Zombo

--Second round picks are not gold ... winning is gold ... and winning begets Winning.

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

They made a grave mistake in the offseason in my opinion of not trading for someone like Garrapollo that could take the reigns and win us a few games. They made the mistake of keeping us too thin throughout the roster.

I completely agree with you Zombo. Even though Hue has made a few horrible decisions, has had clock management, he still kept us within 3 points of many games. It's not all on him, But Jimmy and Sashi have him coming up their to the podium every week taking the blame. It isn't fair, and that's why Hue is finally going off now. We need to win, Hue wants to win, but the Front Office wants the #1 pick and to amass draft picks. I know you like Sashi Z, and he's made some great deals, but I don't think he's in the right position.

I snapped when my professor told me Depo was a joke for the dodgers and he laughed that we had him. He told me we wouldn't start winning until we quit doing the moneyball thing and started signing playmakers.

Has any other team ever decided to get rid of all veterans and keep their team super young? Usually having veteran presence is great for the locker room. Instead we have Kenny Britt, who rented a luxury car with Corey Coleman in London......

receivers Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman, the two players sent home from Houston for missing curfew the night before, climbed into the luxury cars that came to transport them to London after posing for some photos with fans in the lobby.

- from cleveland.com

12 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I completely agree with you Zombo. Even though Hue has made a few horrible decisions, has had clock management, he still kept us within 3 points of many games. It's not all on him, But Jimmy and Sashi have him coming up their to the podium every week taking the blame. It isn't fair, and that's why Hue is finally going off now. We need to win, Hue wants to win, but the Front Office wants the #1 pick and to amass draft picks. I know you like Sashi Z, and he's made some great deals, but I don't think he's in the right position.

I felt the same way when Pettine had to keep going up to the podium and answer questions about Johnny Cokehead week after week.   It was obvious he didn't want him on his team but he was stuck with him and it wasn't fair to make him have to keep answering questions and explaining away the nonsense that came with him.  

Hue is stuck in the same position.  This team isn't good and doesn't have good enough players but he can't just stand up there and say that.  I still don't think he's a good HC but he's in a crappy situation.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I felt the same way when Pettine had to keep going up to the podium and answer questions about Johnny Cokehead week after week.   It was obvious he didn't want him on his team but he was stuck with him and it wasn't fair to make him have to keep answering questions and explaining away the nonsense that came with him.  

Hue is stuck in the same position.  This team isn't good and doesn't have good enough players but he can't just stand up there and say that.  I still don't think he's a good HC but he's in a crappy situation.

I think he's a better coach then we have seen Mark. I was also going to bring up Pettine. I'm sure Mudfly would too if he was posting right now. It all falls back on Jimmy. Jimmy pushed Kizer on Hue just like Johnny was pushed on Pettine. It's not fair, Pet could win more with Hoyer, and if Hue had A.J. M, Garrapolo, or anyone that knew what they were doing we'd be in a better situation to win.

The problem is we can't fire Hue, otherwise, not even yes men like Hue and Pettine will want to coach here. No one wants Mr. Moneyball and a lawyer to not get them any talent. Pettine complained about the talent at a time. Jimmy has been 30 million under the cap multiple times. What's his excuse? "It's a process?" LMFAO

5 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I think he's a better coach then we have seen Mark. I was also going to bring up Pettine. I'm sure Mudfly would too if he was posting right now. It all falls back on Jimmy. Jimmy pushed Kizer on Hue just like Johnny was pushed on Pettine. It's not fair, Pet could win more with Hoyer, and if Hue had A.J. M, Garrapolo, or anyone that knew what they were doing we'd be in a better situation to win.

The problem is we can't fire Hue, otherwise, not even yes men like Hue and Pettine will want to coach here. No one wants Mr. Moneyball and a lawyer to not get them any talent. Pettine complained about the talent at a time. Jimmy has been 30 million under the cap multiple times. What's his excuse? "It's a process?" LMFAO

I was in the you can't fire him boat for a long time but I'm not so sure anymore.   This team is a runaway train wreck towards 0-16 and that's not all his fault but he still made the choice to play Kizer to start the season when everyone in the world knew he was a guy who needed some seasoning.  Kessler isn't great and sure as hell isn't going to win you a super bowl but Zombo is right....this team, this franchise and the fans and the city all needed some wins this year to keep buying into the "process".  1-15 followed by 0-16 isn't a process, its a shit show and unfortunately the only way to change the culture of the team is to blow it all up and start over and hope the new process is better than the last one.

Just now, Mark O said:

I was in the you can't fire him boat for a long time but I'm not so sure anymore.   This team is a runaway train wreck towards 0-16 and that's not all his fault but he still made the choice to play Kizer to start the season when everyone in the world knew he was a guy who needed some seasoning.  Kessler isn't great and sure as hell isn't going to win you a super bowl but Zombo is right....this team, this franchise and the fans and the city all needed some wins this year to keep buying into the "process".  1-15 followed by 0-16 isn't a process, its a Sheet show and unfortunately the only way to change the culture of the team is to blow it all up and start over and hope the new process is better than the last one.

I'm not on the keeping anybody train anymore. It's too cancerous especially if https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/11/1/16591610/trying-to-make-sense-of-the-browns-trade-deadline-disaster THAT is true.........

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

It all falls back on Jimmy. Jimmy pushed Kizer on Hue just like Johnny was pushed on Pettine. It's not fair, Pet could win more with Hoyer, and if Hue had A.J. M, Garrapolo, or anyone that knew what they were doing we'd be in a better situation to win.

Still, this where I also run off the rails with the new Browns..I cannot for the life of me figure out if it is actually Haslem pulling the rookie drafted puppet strings or the GM backed by Haslem wanting a unprepared rookie QB to get his shot on the field? imo Haslem nor GM should never have any say on who plays Sundays till maybe eliminated? 

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

This all just shows how important winning is. Not capital W Winning, as in making the playoffs every year ... the ultimate goal, but winning as in grabbing a game here and there while you are rebuilding.

Already people are talking about losing out and rooting for the 49ers ... and I want to punch them.

The coaches are pissed that the FO leaves at 5 PM and is not getting them players while they work their asses off. The veteran players are becoming numb to the losing and there is no "edge" to pass on to the younger players. The young players feel like they got drafted by a joke and are already looking for a way to get out. Jimmy will "Have to do something" and either the FO or the coaching staff will get fired ... or both.

I GET totally dismantling the team last year and the resulting 1-15. But you HAVE to go at least 4-12 or 5-11 the next year so that EVERYONE (FO, Coaches, Players ... and even fans) stays on board with the process.

Football is different than the NBA and MLB. You can't tank. The Sixers tanked to get talent, the Astros tanked to get talent .. and results are happening. But in the NFL, these guys are giving up their bodies for you every Sunday. They are risking their careers to play, their livelihoods, their family's livelihood. If they feel you're not trying to win the lockerroom becomes poisoned, the young guys get poisoned and you are forever rebuilding. The coaching staff becomes embittered, the front office becomes isolated and everyone is making plans for their next move instead of giving all for the team.

Last week we sent a struggling rookie QB out there and told him to throw to Ricardo Luis, Rashard Higgins,  Sammie Coates, Bryce Treggs, Seth Devalve and rookie David Njoku ... and told him to win against the Vikings defense.

He can't win with those guys. We can't win with those guys. The coaches can't win with those guys, and the front office had plenty of money to go out and get us some guys ... so that we can win some games, build some momentum, have some hope, give the rookies and second year players some confidence and a taste of winning ... and they didn't do it.

Zombo

--Second round picks are not gold ... winning is gold ... and winning begets Winning.

My bewilderment is why this FO felt it had to play the skinflint on signing players....when they had huge amounts available under the salary cap....and as far as I know they didn't have an owner telling them to cut corners.

Or did they?

As I see it, this has just been them playing their stupid math or value games. "Let's see how little we can spend players we think can help". Problem is....they couldn't tell a player who could help from the team mascot.  Because they JUST wanted to play their numbers/statistics game....and not make any real talent evaluations.

2 hours ago, cdl15 said:

lol McDaniels is never coming to Cleveland. Bank on it

Because it is his goal to take over from Belichick in a couple of years.  That basically, I think, has been determined. 

In fact, McDaniels may in fact have been a big factor on the Trade of Jimmy G.   They may have asked:  "is this the guy you want us to commit to going forward when you take over this team?"  And his response may have been "I can take him or leave him.  If you can get a high 2d round pick for him...we can look at someone else.  Especially for the money that he will want to command".

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Because it is his goal to take over from Belichick in a couple of years.  That basically, I think, has been determined. 

In fact, McDaniels may in fact have been a big factor on the Trade of Jimmy G.   They may have asked:  "is this the guy you want us to commit to going forward when you take over this team?"  And his response may have been "I can take him or leave him.  If you can get a high 2d round pick for him...we can look at someone else.  Especially for the money that he will want to command".

Grabsapillow was going to be a FA at the end of the year.  There's no way NE can afford to pay him and pay Brady.  Can't have that much money locked into the QB position.   This was their way of getting something for him before losing him for nothing.   It's why NE was being criticized since the Browns reportedly offered more than just a 2nd round pick for Grabsapillow on draft day and NE said no.

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Grabsapillow was going to be a FA at the end of the year.  There's no way NE can afford to pay him and pay Brady.  Can't have that much money locked into the QB position.   This was their way of getting something for him before losing him for nothing.   It's why NE was being criticized since the Browns reportedly offered more than just a 2nd round pick for Grabsapillow on draft day and NE said no.

But, do you still think that it is possible that McDaniels said "I CAN live without him"?

Just now, The Gipper said:

But, do you still think that it is possible that McDaniels said "I CAN live without him"?

sure its possible...but I don't think it matters.  They can't keep both QB's on the roster beyond this season.

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

Then why has winning NEVER begotten winning in the last 20 years? We've had plenty of seasons like you're pining for since the team came back to absolutely no avail.

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

Then why has winning NEVER begotten winning in the last 20 years? We've had plenty of seasons like you're pining for since the team came back to absolutely no avail.

We have never stuck with a plan. I think only Butch Davis and Romeo Crennell got three years or more.

This is the first time we did a total reconstruction, and if we were even 2-6 with some semblance of a clue at QB, People wouldn't be talking about blowing it up already.

Z

Archived