THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Coaching Staff to be fired, FO Likely Retained with addition of GM

CaineDeSoulis

21 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We have never stuck with a plan. I think only Butch Davis and Romeo Crennell got three years or more.

This is the first time we did a total reconstruction, and if we were even 2-6 with some semblance of a clue at QB, People wouldn't be talking about blowing it up already.

Z

Or even a couple of players that you could point to and say watch out for this guy, he's gonna be a star. Corey (I miss Braylon) Coleman just isn't cutting it around here. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zombo said:

We have never stuck with a plan. I think only Butch Davis and Romeo Crennell got three years or more.

This is the first time we did a total reconstruction, and if we were even 2-6 with some semblance of a clue at QB, People wouldn't be talking about blowing it up already.

Z

Bingo. There should be a reasonable expectation of some extra wins. If the Browns ended the season with 3 wins, I would be happy. I didn't expect much. However, the Browns are set to go winless and the FO/head coach are a complete mess. 

4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

The mood around here in year 2 of Pettine was absolutely, positively, 100% NO different whatsoever than it is now. People wouldn’t be giving up already my arse. 

Our fans have the shortest memory span of any people I’ve ever seen. 

On 11/1/2017 at 10:59 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Homeless guy said for a bottle of Mad Dog, he will pick our QB next year.

I hope it's Electric Blue, good tailgate stuff lol

58 minutes ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Oddly enough I was in pettine's corner end of the 2015 season. I was however completely against Farmer being retained

I was always in Pets corner..... It was the moron idiots that brought JohnnypussyShmuckball to the organization and forced Pet's hand. I still like Pet, and Butch too if I'm being honest..... "Our guys played their guts out!" 

6 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I was always in Pets corner..... It was the moron idiots that brought JohnnypussyShmuckball to the organization and forced Pet's hand. I still like Pet, and Butch too if I'm being honest..... "Our guys played their guts out!" 

But mangini was the goat. dude had fire.

12 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

But mangini was the goat. dude had fire.

..... and discipline too. Have you seen him lately? Dude needs to go vegan for a while! 

"THIS COACHING STAFF SHOULD BE FIRED, and WILL BE FIRED"

- Ghoolie, after the first quarter of he 2016 preseason -

"Ghoolie, you are crazy, this is what a rebuild looks like, there is no way anyone is getting fired"

- All you dumb bastards -

7 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Bingo. There should be a reasonable expectation of some extra wins. If the Browns ended the season with 3 wins, I would be happy. I didn't expect much. However, the Browns are set to go winless and the FO/head coach are a complete mess. 

DING DING DING...................... DILDO ALERT.......DILDO ALERT.....................................

" We are never going to get better if we fire the people that have built 1 - 23. We must be patient. We must wait for the turds we planted to blossom into diamonds. It takes at least 473, 000 years to start winning.

27 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

DING DING DING...................... DILDO ALERT.......DILDO ALERT.....................................

" We are never going to get better if we fire the people that have built 1 - 23. We must be patient. We must wait for the turds we planted to blossom into diamonds. It takes at least 473, 000 years to start winning.

as usual you're completely wrong. 

It takes no more than 354,729 years to rebuild and win.

On 11/1/2017 at 4:05 PM, Zombo said:

This all just shows how important winning is. Not capital W Winning, as in making the playoffs every year ... the ultimate goal, but winning as in grabbing a game here and there while you are rebuilding.

Already people are talking about losing out and rooting for the 49ers ... and I want to punch them.

We need to win football games.

The coaches are pissed that the FO leaves at 5 PM and is not getting them players while they work their asses off. The veteran players are becoming numb to the losing and there is no "edge" to pass on to the younger players. The young players feel like they got drafted by a joke and are already looking for a way to get out. Jimmy will "Have to do something" and either the FO or the coaching staff will get fired ... or both.

They made a grave mistake in the offseason in my opinion of not trading for someone like Garrapollo that could take the reigns and win us a few games. They made the mistake of keeping us too thin throughout the roster.

I GET totally dismantling the team last year and the resulting 1-15. But you HAVE to go at least 4-12 or 5-11 the next year so that EVERYONE (FO, Coaches, Players ... and even fans) stays on board with the process.

Football is different than the NBA and MLB. You can't tank. The Sixers tanked to get talent, the Astros tanked to get talent .. and results are happening. But in the NFL, these guys are giving up their bodies for you every Sunday. They are risking their careers to play, their livelihoods, their family's livelihood. If they feel you're not trying to win the lockerroom becomes poisoned, the young guys get poisoned and you are forever rebuilding. The coaching staff becomes embittered, the front office becomes isolated and everyone is making plans for their next move instead of giving all for the team.

Last week we sent a struggling rookie QB out there and told him to throw to Ricardo Luis, Rashard Higgins,  Sammie Coates, Bryce Treggs, Seth Devalve and rookie David Njoku ... and told him to win against the Vikings defense.

He can't win with those guys. We can't win with those guys. The coaches can't win with those guys, and the front office had plenty of money to go out and get us some guys ... so that we can win some games, build some momentum, have some hope, give the rookies and second year players some confidence and a taste of winning ... and they didn't do it.

Zombo

--Second round picks are not gold ... winning is gold ... and winning begets Winning.

Post of the year, and just common sense. You DON'T need to suck as bad as the '70s Buccaneers to do a rebuild. We have tons of draft capital- and cap room. The FO just said to everyone with two communicating neurons- we're not upgrading the roster this year any further. So the message is just wait until 2018, we're going to kill it in the draft, and it will all be better. FWIW, living in Bungle Land, I didn't think McCarron was worth what the supposed draft pick price was. If I'm the Bengals, I make that trade in a heartbeat and laugh afterwards about how I fleeced the Browns. 

I just can't envision any scenario where something isn't done to rectify the mess we're in. 

So The Hoorta's solution? Get a guy in here that can evaluate college talent, bust Sashi back to doing contracts, (saw somewhere that behind the scenes he's an arrogant prick) tell Hue he needs an OC, and you just get a teeny little voice on which QB we're drafting next year- your track record is lousy in that regard. That a QB high is a given- the aborted McCarron deal threw Kizer under the bus.  

You want something to hang your hat on to hope for? Gordon comes back with a vengeance and tears the league up in December. 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

as usual you're completely wrong. 

It takes no more than 354,729 years to rebuild and win.

Sorry, I was being dramatic. You are correct. 354,729 years is a lot more reasonable than my inflated numbers.

16 hours ago, wargograw said:

Then why has winning NEVER begotten winning in the last 20 years? We've had plenty of seasons like you're pining for since the team came back to absolutely no avail.

Winning does not begat winning. However, losing begats losing has apparently cornered the market in Cleveland. And while we are at it, does anyone really use the word begat any more? Does using the word begat, begat more begats?

10 hours ago, Zombo said:

Z

I agree. I have a friend who is a famous Dominatrix, she believes that 1 - 23 is far, far too soon to fire the FO and coaching staff.

8 hours ago, Buck The Frowns said:

So it is apparent that Hue is a Dead Coach Walking. Will he survive until the end of the season? Options are greater after other teams fire their coaches. Regular season finale is Dec 31 vs Pgh. Would be ironic if Hue had one win this year, against Pgh. 

I called him dead coach walking after the 1st quarter of his first preseason. Black Uncle Fester can't get the light bulb to light.

On 10/31/2017 at 3:28 PM, Browns_Shmucking_Rule said:

The only prob I have with any of that is not firing Hue today. I'd like to see how Williams would respond to the situation.

Dude, if Hue goes, WIlliams is gone. A new HC is going to call is own generals. WIlliams is not going to be the HC. FORGET that. If Hue goes, the rest of the staff will be gone shortly afterwards.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I called him dead coach walking after the 1st quarter of his first preseason. Black Uncle Fester can't get the light bulb to light.

I will say this,   at least I think your comparison of Hue as the Black Uncle Fester is better/more accurate than anyone you compared as the Black Tarkenton. 

And a lot funnier.

Who is next?  

I mean, if you think about it, Deshone Kizer has a little Herman Munster in him, don't he?

861704162-e1508841321654.jpg?w=640

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And Coleman?  When is he due back?

(I see your forest green and I call with my army green)

If I read the IR protocol properly, Colman can begin practicing next week (6 weeks from 9\19 when he went on IR) Could play in a game 11\19 (8 weeks) LOL army green? You suggesting take 'em all out back and shoot them?   

39 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, if Hue goes, WIlliams is gone. A new HC is going to call is own generals. WIlliams is not going to be the HC. FORGET that. If Hue goes, the rest of the staff will be gone shortly afterwards.

To bad because Williams is an improvement at DC over Horton Hears a Who. Be the second time in 2 years he's been outed because the FO changed head coaches. Heard Williams wouldn't want the Browns HC job if\when Hue gets canned anyway. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I will say this,   at least I think your comparison of Hue as the Black Uncle Fester is better/more accurate than anyone you compared as the Black Tarkenton. 

And a lot funnier.

Who is next?  

I mean, if you think about it, Deshone Kizer has a little Herman Munster in him, don't he?

861704162-e1508841321654.jpg?w=640

I stopped picking on this kid. He really has been given schidt tools, program and HC to enter the NFL. He is a nice kid. He is green, young, naive and trying to play big daddy.............too much to ask anyone. This kid is okay in my book. If anyone has a right to complain it's him, but he doesn't. I like him. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I just can't envision any scenario where something isn't done to rectify the mess we're in. 

So The Hoorta's solution? Get a guy in here that can evaluate college talent, bust Sashi back to doing contracts, (saw somewhere that behind the scenes he's an arrogant prick) tell Hue he needs an OC, and you just get a teeny little voice on which QB we're drafting next year- your track record is lousy in that regard. That a QB high is a given- the aborted McCarron deal threw Kizer under the bus.  

You want something to hang your hat on to hope for? Gordon comes back with a vengeance and tears the league up in December. 

I think you're right on with what needs to be done.   Something needs to change.  Doesn't have to be a wholesale, everyone in the front office must go.  But leaving everyone in place and changing nothing just makes no sense when the team is on the way to 0-16 and 1-31.

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Which is exactly why hue cant go

So lets keep our shitty Head Coach because we are afraid of losing the coordinator??  C'mon...seriously?  So how long does Hue get to keep his job in order to protect St. Williams?   Hue comes back in '18 and wins 3 games....that good enough to bring him back again?   You can't really be serious with that?  You think guys like Garrett and the rest of the defense are going to forget how to play if Williams isn't the coach?  And lets not forget, this great DC, has a guy playing 50 yards off the ball so I'm not sure how great he actually is at his job.  

Is Greg Williams your dad?  Is that why you're so protective of him?

Have u not watched recent years wgen a new Dc comes in and abything minorly good the defense did the year before it all goes back to zero. I have to remind myself u dont really know mych about defense and personnel etc, etc so im done getting mad. You guys think players can shoehorn in to any ole system. 

How good did ogbah and nassib look last year standing up? At least this year theres certain things oyr edges are doing ok at. I see u never cared to pay attention to how bad nassib looked dropping back in coverage.

So yeah especially if a 3-4 guy comes in u can reset it to zero. Next year the offense AND defense will be back to zero and you'll see another 0-2 win season. Is that really wut u want?

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

So yeah especially if a 3-4 guy comes in u can reset it to zero. Next year the offense AND defense will be back to zero and you'll see another 0-2 win season. Is that really wut u want?

Well...right now we have 0 wins so 0-2 wins really isn't much different now is it chachi?   You didn't answer the question.  How long does Huey get to keep his job just to protect St. Greg?

Archived