THE BROWNS BOARD

Well we knew this sht was coming....(darnold)

Clevfan4life

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Nope....still hasn't decided.    My point was that the talk that he would stay in school long before the Browns season turned into a dumpster fire.   

Well his reticence to be signed by the browns was likely formed years ago, long before this season started. The browns have been a dumpster fire for a long time

1 minute ago, Babernakle said:

The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

The o line isnt bad this year. Im pleasantly surprised by drango. He shut everson griffin down who's leading the league in sacks. We need a qb

4 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

There is nothing wrong with the o-line.  Do you even watch the games?   The vast majority of sacks this year have been caused by the QB, mostly Kizer holding the ball too long.  The only sacks this past week were Kessler and he looked like a deer in the headlights when he got out there.    Thomas will be back next year and the rest of the offensive line is just fine from what I've seen watching the games each week. 

7 hours ago, Babernakle said:

They have fixed the line 25 times already without getting a franchise QB. Ya! Let's do it again.

16 hours ago, Mark O said:

Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #Browns had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

Sure cleared that up... <---  think pink

On 11/1/2017 at 5:46 PM, LondonBrown said:

What if the Browns have the first pick the year after as well, does he decide to become a chef instead? 

Does he play baseball? :)

10 hours ago, Mark O said:

There is nothing wrong with the o-line.  Do you even watch the games?   The vast majority of sacks this year have been caused by the QB, mostly Kizer holding the ball too long.  The only sacks this past week were Kessler and he looked like a deer in the headlights when he got out there.    Thomas will be back next year and the rest of the offensive line is just fine from what I've seen watching the games each week. 

Attaboy...

Ok fine get a gosh-dam  qb and when he sucks cause he doesn't have time I don't want to here any bitching you dumb Sheet fans cry every year we need a qb we need a qb we need a rb.  And the o line sucks as usual and the browns have the last place ranked offense.  Again So you go get that qb and enjoy losing more because you repeat the same Sheet over and over and is why the browns are a dumpster fire and the laughing stock of the NFL 

I could care less about this guy.  He's prone to bad decision-making, and I'm about done with that crap.  This makes not drafting Deshaun Watson or Carson Wentz all the more painful.  Either of those guys wouldn't have complained one bit.  Do I KNOW that?  Of course not, but I'm pretty confident.  

17 hours ago, Mark O said:

Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

I personally don't think he has to worry about it, as in the opinion of many....he may only be the 4th or 5th best QB available.

Rudolph,  Allen, Mayfield, Rosen....may all be better.

Maybe he should be worried about being taken with the first pick.....in the 2d round.

Let not forget darnolds camp has said he's not going to the browns.  That what he thinks of Clevelands line.  I don't know why people that say the line is fine think that.  They rank below average in every category.  If the browns take there picks and free agency and build an elite not average but elite o line play will want to play there.  And winning will come. 

28 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Tour, how has Drango filled in for Joe so far? I ask you because you seem to be the fella to ask on O line critiques.

Haven't done the breakdowns this year... started two and completed none.  So I've only watched as a "fan".

My sense as a fan, mostly based upon a lack of replays showing him getting drubbed, is that he is not doing badly.

That said, I have two games in the proverbial can (Vikes and Lions) and should have some time today to at least look at his (and Shon's) tech and results.

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

Ok fine get a gosh-dam  qb and when he sucks cause he doesn't have time I don't want to here any bitching you dumb Sheet fans cry every year we need a qb we need a qb we need a rb.  And the o line sucks as usual and the browns have the last place ranked offense.  Again So you go get that qb and enjoy losing more because you repeat the same Sheet over and over and is why the browns are a dumpster fire and the laughing stock of the NFL 

I'll ask the question again....slower this time...  Do    you    even     watch   the   games?  

48 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

They're a bad team because they've never seriously addressed the qb situation.  Overdrafting 3rd and 4th stringers hasn't worked for 10+years.  It's time to go all in for a #1qb finally. 

The OL is fine.  

Per that Video posted on here recently....if that is what you want....you would want either Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph.

Unit cohesion is greater, but  the addition-by-subtraction called Cam Erving has been a big part of that. The practice reps we must have wasted on that guy...

... yet our FO got a 5th for him IIRC...

Cam Erving 2017 PFF Grade:

Overall

51 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Why does Darnold care? Clearly we're taking Jackson

Because he wants a successful nfl carreer and not early onset CTE by the end of his rookie contract......just a guess. 

Ok im trolling a bit the o line isnt that bad this year. But put urself in darnolds shoes.....its clear as day the browns are headed for another reset. So anything that was built this year will go back to zero next year...offense, defense etc, etc. Just so some brand new coksucker can come in and go 1-15. Would u want to be under center when a brand new blocking scheme gets implimented and possibly with some new ol cause one or two guys jumped out of this dumpster fire....???  

Its Shmucking bullsht. Im not happy with the job hue has done but another reset is another 2 years of rebuild. Just when we're seeing a semi functional defense we're gonna run 2-5 bext year and garrett will be asked to come in 40 lbs lighter so he can chase slot receivers downfield. 

Im sick of this sht

Archived