THE BROWNS BOARD

Know what it's like to live OUTSIDE of Ohio as a Browns Fan?

Orion

13 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

I'm from CA and nobody takes the Browns serious. I'm on a football poll at work nobody ever picks the Browns to win. Everyone calls it an easy win. Sheet on my fantasy league there's a guy that changes out his defense to whoever the Browns play against. It sucks. But that's my team so Shmuck them. 

They would have lost any number of those bets if they had bet against the spread.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, miktoxic said:

gip, the people our browns fans are working with and bantering them are not old enough to remember titles.

I am not old enough to remember any of those titles except for one.  So that is no fuhucking excuse.  Most Steeler fans don't remember the titles won in the 70s...but that does not keep them from hyping them up.....and they have no more affiliation or recollection of those than we do for the 1920s or 1940s titles won around here

sure it means alot as a franchise base but that base has to stay fluid and current with the times. most millennials were born between the years of modell moving to baltimore and the NFL reinstating the team. kids nowadays (like everyone else) live under the 'what have you done lately' category and if that's what it is WE Fuhuck the millenials......they need to learn that there are things called books that they can read shite in......or, there is this thing called Google that they can look shite up in. 

What have you done lately is what we all live by.  But that does not mean that  they should be a bunch of fuhucking know nothings because things positive haven't happened lately.

everyone hated modell BUT he had his fingers all over some of the best moves and transactions in NFL history.

Modell only made moves that involved one of those 13 titles.

hate modell then i hope you hated the politicians that caused the move in the first place. IMO they are to blame.

Well...you are allowed to be wrong...and you are. Its OK

same thing in detroit and akron and.....let someone that knows finger try to push around a local icon and watch them pull up and leave while your grand babies are running behind the wagons, crying and pulling at people's boot strings.

pretty easy class. don't Shmuck with zeus.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well at least now I can put on an Astros WS Champ cap on my way into racquetball with mik's latest Browns T-shirt creation. I've learned something from the Great Orange Deflector!:P

My dad was a very successful engineer for Mobil Oil and on his desk he had a sign, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bull-Sh it."

Congrats on that.  Its what I wanted once the Tribe was knocked out.

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Dude, you gotta either be lying or ashamed to wear any Browns gear. I've been to Dallas. I've worn Browns shirts there and didn't go more than 5 minutes in public without hearing a raspberry of some sorts.  

So which is it Liar? Or Ashamed?

I wear Browns stuff probably every week or two consistently. If the posts here are any indication, you guys are probably very prone to being made fun of, if I had to guess. 

12 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Try being a browns fan living in long beach ca.  I live in the same neighborhood snoop dog is from. 😕

Dude. My blues band Blind Lemon Peel is playing at Harvelles tonight. Come by. I’ll buy you a beer. 

I don't ball bust Browns fans. In fact, the reason I don't is because of you guys. From 1985 until 1989, I took Sheet from your fan base. I was in middle school and wouldn't go to school on Monday to avoid it, especially from my teachers. Anyway I would be lying if I say I don't enjoy your suffering. A true Steelers fan hates the Browns as much as you guys hate the Steelers.  If the shoe were on the other foot, which it was, you guys would feel the same as me.

1 hour ago, Stlcrtn01 said:

I don't ball bust Browns fans. In fact, the reason I don't is because of you guys. From 1985 until 1989, I took Sheet from your fan base. I was in middle school and wouldn't go to school on Monday to avoid it, especially from my teachers. Anyway I would be lying if I say I don't enjoy your suffering. A true Steelers fan hates the Browns as much as you guys hate the Steelers.  If the shoe were on the other foot, which it was, you guys would feel the same as me.

hate is a strong word brother. more like DISlike. yeah i dislike my memories of the 70s watching the steelers roll over the browns (it seemed like every week). bad clothing, smoking stog fiends, drinking martinis is how the older generation got just didn't care. $1 for the jukebox and the pool table got me and my brother through another steeler win while watching the 'old-timers' drink draft goebels at the local VFW, bad plaid sport coats and all.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

dude when all that there is left you break out the 'titles' argument. don't act now like you don't know.

i guess modell drafting one of the first black nfl players meant nothing.....and then another while white people screamed at him.

and excuse me, what is the record that the browns (that he let name and record stay in cleveland,,,,yeah he let it. could've said Shmuck you) have since he moved the OG browns to what it is now?

EXACTLY!!!!

go ahead smart guy. i wanna hear your arrogant response.

2 hours ago, miktoxic said:

dude when all that there is left you break out the 'titles' argument. don't act now like you don't know.

Sorry if the facts get in the way of your delusions....or in the way of your desire to self emasculate.

i guess modell drafting one of the first black nfl players meant nothing.....and then another while white people screamed at him.

What the Shmuck are you talking about?  Modell didn't buy the team until like 1962....and the Browns had already had Black Hall of Famers playing for them......Willis, Motley, Jim Brown, etc. etc etc. 

and excuse me, what is the record that the browns (that he let name and record stay in cleveland,,,,yeah he let it. could've said Shmuck you) have since he moved the OG browns to what it is now?

EXACTLY!!!!

My response is two fold:  whatever you said just now there is incomprehensible because it sounds like you are drunk....so please try to repeat what you asked....and secondly....it again sounds like you have no clue as to what the Shmuck the facts are.

This team should have never been named the Browns. Had they been called The Cleveland Bulldogs or some such thing, the owner would have not been able to make millions sitting on our laurels. The team would have had to start from ground zero building its own loyalty and fan base. Instead, we got a schitload of people who just took a paycheck knowing the bar in Cleveland is so low, even the fans will accept failure and call it "BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE"

3 hours ago, miktoxic said:

Modell bought the Browns 15 years after they started in 1946, with black players on that first roster.

You also referred to our black QB as a "monkey" and a "gorilla" on the Tavern. You would have been one of those white people screaming at Modell  when he did whatever you think he did, even though he didn't.

Go ahead dumb guy. I would love to read your ignorant response.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Modell bought the Browns 15 years after they started in 1946, with black players on that first roster.

You also referred to our black QB as a "monkey" and a "gorilla" on the Tavern. You would have been one of those white people screaming at Modell  when he did whatever you think he did, even though he didn't.

Go ahead dumb guy. I would love to read your ignorant response.

Kizer is a nice kid. I think he is not very good right now, but he is a nice kid. He is, in every aspect of the phrase another Black Tarkenton. He is an athletic black kid who was put in the QB because of his great athletic skills and then before the pros, taught to run run run.... first first first.......................... then these kids get to the NFL and juggernaut around in the backfield and don't know whether to Schidt or go blind when the real playing starts.

Doug Williams and Warren Moon were two exceptions. SOmeone taught these guys classic QB skills and they were both very impressive. Steve McNair, one of the best pure passers I have ever seen had his career shortened by assshole Jeff Fisher who tried to make the great QB run, a la, a black Tarkenton.

I always ask, why is it that every damned black QB pro/prospect comes with a reputation for being a double threat? 

Do you guys not think it is a sign of racism that the only black QBs that make it to the pros are fast, fleet of feet guys? I mean, isn't that an underlying racist issue right there? In essence this says to us that all blacks are fast. Isn't it racist that there has NEVER been a Black Bernie, Fouts, Stabler or Marino? Are slow black kids too dumb to shred defenses with a fast release?

Kizer has gotten a raw deal from a lot of different angles. This kid is NOT a garbage pick. He isn't a monkey, and he is no dummy. You can't ask the kid to perform in a new setting at the ultimate level, and then ask him to do with jackoffs that can't catch a football. If this kid had the Steelers or Pats receivers, the difference would be the Browns would be 3 - 5  maybe even 4-4. In that case, instead of calling the kid names we would be bitching that we need a few other players and fine tuning to really be good.

How the hell does any QB go into this mess, not having the confidence that it is his team and he can faulk up as much as he needs to faulk up? What part of "give the goddamned team to the get and let him learn by getting the red butt?

Sorry, but there is no fauhking way I believe Joe Flaccido has more smarts and skills than this young man. For the love of god, stick with the kid already.

Yep, Kizer is Black Tarkenton.

Because it makes sense that Kizer is a run-first QB who also holds onto the ball too long looking for someone to get open, thus getting sacked.

Some people on this board may indulge your shenanigans, but I'm not one of them.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, The Gipper said:

Thirteen Championships.   Tell them to call you when they catch up halfway to that number.

(NE has only 6 now:  1 by the Providence Steam Roller, 5 now by the Pats)

And, if you need to tell them when these were, they were as follows:

And if they say....those are old, tell them that the only titles that count are the last one and the next one.  All others are history, be they 1920 or 2014....that the 2014 title is no more signifant today than the ones from the 1920s.   Congratulate them on the one and only title that counts....but that is as far as it goes.

Got that Orion?....Them titles will surely put Pat fans in their place and in awe! lol

Seriously don't...it will only embarrass you more.

37 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

Got that Orion?....Them titles will surely put Pat fans in their place and in awe! lol

Everything is great for football in New England.  They'll have history of their own to look back on (something they haven't had before).  But make no mistake, when/if the Patriots stink in the years post-Brady their fan base will disappear.  Because they're all 'really' RedSox fans.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Kizer is a nice kid. I think he is not very good right now, but he is a nice kid.

He's so nice that he threw Crow under the bus when he pushed that pitch - toss nowhere near him a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

Everything is great for football in New England.  They'll have history of their own to look back on (something they haven't had before).  But make no mistake, when/if the Patriots stink in the years post-Brady their fan base will disappear.  Because they're all 'really' RedSox fans.

He's so nice that he threw Crow under the bus when he pushed that pitch - toss nowhere near him a few weeks ago.

and the bruins and celtics mean nothing to them as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! i lived there when they still had the OG boston garden and you couldn't get near the place within miles. foxborough is by walpole correct? it's like saying ur a NYC fan and driving to buffalo.

yeah the patriots and the kraft/belichick/brady legacy will just dry up and fade away.

browns fans wish they could sniff brady's fingers as to how many lombardi trophies he's touched let alone his supermodel's quiff.

2 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

You're being sarcastic I'm sure.   They DO love their Celts & Bruins.....But the RedSox are king in New England.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I am not old enough to remember any of those titles except for one.  So that is no fuhucking excuse.  Most Steeler fans don't remember the titles won in the 70s...but that does not keep them from hyping them up.....and they have no more affiliation or recollection of those than we do for the 1920s or 1940s titles won around here

Because its all about the Super Bowl man!

NFL fans across the country don't need to be reminded of the Steelers Super Bowl titles,  which make Steeler fans hyping them up rational ....regardless of whether they remember them or not.

Whereas you having to remind NE fans of the browns "titles" in order to save face will only get you laughed out of the place.

Super Bowls are the only thing that matters.

sure it means alot as a franchise base but that base has to stay fluid and current with the times. most millennials were born between the years of modell moving to baltimore and the NFL reinstating the team. kids nowadays (like everyone else) live under the 'what have you done lately' category and if that's what it is WE Fuhuck the millenials......they need to learn that there are things called books that they can read shite in......or, there is this thing called Google that they can look shite up in. 

What have you done lately is what we all live by.  But that does not mean that  they should be a bunch of fuhucking know nothings because things positive haven't happened lately.

That's just it. 

Sad that you have to resort to history books to find out the last time the browns were good...and more sad that you actually expect people to.

13 hours ago, StinkHole said:

And they are JUST as relevant as any title ever won by the Steelers.  More so, actually....because there are more than double of them.

A Ten year old title is no more relevant than a 50 year old title.

Besides....as noted....Pats fans have the ONLY title that currently counts.

No...this is aimed directly at stupid Steeler fans.  

12 hours ago, miktoxic said:

the browns record with modell as owner vs without. simple enough for ya?

Well, if you are looking at that, then you have to not only look at the last 19 years, but also the first 17 as well. 

I am not going to look at the overall regular season record, but without Modell they had 7 championships to one with him.

And I mean....if on the other hand you say:  compare Modell to the Lerners and Jimmy Haslam......that is like asking :   Who is smarter:  Barney,  Gomer, or Goober?

What we certainly have not had is an  Andy.

12 hours ago, miktoxic said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! i lived there when they still had the OG boston garden and you couldn't get near the place within miles. foxborough is by walpole correct? it's like saying ur a NYC fan and driving to buffalo.

yeah the patriots and the kraft/belichick/brady legacy will just dry up and fade away.

browns fans wish they could sniff brady's fingers as to how many lombardi trophies he's touched let alone his supermodel's quiff.

Browns have had the GOAT at QB.  Call us when Brady catches up to the number of championships that Otto Graham has.   (Just so you know....he needs 2 more)

As for how Otto's wife looked, I think likely that Brady has him beat there:

pro54pbrown.JPG

12 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Because its all about the Super Bowl man!

NFL fans across the country don't need to be reminded of the Steelers Super Bowl titles,  which make Steeler fans hyping them up rational ....regardless of whether they remember them or not.

Whereas you having to remind NE fans of the browns "titles" in order to save face will only get you laughed out of the place.

Super Bowls are the only thing that matters.

Except...you ARE wrong.  People DO have to be reminded about steelers Super Bowls just as much as they do about pre Super Bowl titles.  Maybe you don't because you are a Steeler fan.....but the fact is, the rest of the country has no more affiliation with old Steeler titles than they do old Browns titles.  Your esoteric thinking is just that:  you only consider things that are relevant to yourself...not the world in general.   Of course, we know that you lack the intellect an insight to know that.

sure it means alot as a franchise base but that base has to stay fluid and current with the times. most millennials were born between the years of modell moving to baltimore and the NFL reinstating the team. kids nowadays (like everyone else) live under the 'what have you done lately' category and if that's what it is WE Fuhuck the millenials......they need to learn that there are things called books that they can read shite in......or, there is this thing called Google that they can look shite up in. 

That's just it. 

Sad that you have to resort to history books to find out the last time the browns were good...and more sad that you actually expect people to.

What I expect is for people to NOT be ignorant.  But, of course, I understand that that is TOO much to expect of you and most steeler fans.

Isaac Asimov had all yinzers sussed out:

There is a cult of ignorance in (Western Pennsylvania) , and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through (their) political and cultural (and social) life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. Isaac Asimov

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

compare Modell to the Lerners and Jimmy Haslam......that is like asking :   Who is smarter:  Barney,  Gomer, or Goober?

What we certainly have not had is an  Andy.

Depends. Is that Barney Fife or Barney Dinosaur? Regardless I take either Barney over the 3 owners.:D

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So therefore he knows how to run the triple option better than Hue?:lol:

I went to a couple of their games....one here when they played Case WRU,  and once down there (my daughter's final game as a Cheerleader).....honestly I don't recall them running the triple option...but they may have....and yea, they would have done it better.

Are you implying that Hue should go that route (no worse than what he has been doing).....and then go after Lamar Jackson?

Archived