THE BROWNS BOARD

Houston Astros...food for thought perhaps

LondonBrown

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

At the present rate of improvement??  No they won't.   1-15 last season has "improved" to 0-8 this season.   But according to you, we're supposed to be patient and trust the guys in the front office who keep missing on star players.  Got it.   So we should be patient and let Kizer keep playing.  Don't draft a QB next year.  He needs at least 3 years to prove that he is an inaccurate passer. 

You have no eye or mind for analysis whatsoever. Worthless discussion. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Thanks for confirming. 

Confirming what?  That you're ok with a team that doesn't win?  That we should be happy because we have some nice gay stats that make some feel like the team is better when in the ONLY thing that matters in wins and losses is the team is 0-8

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Confirming what?  That you're ok with a team that doesn't win?  That we should be happy because we have some nice gay stats that make some feel like the team is better when in the ONLY thing that matters in wins and losses is the team is 0-8

56EB99FC-2C41-4EBF-A3CE-54A80D2D94D5.jpeg

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

The Houston Astros completely disagree with you. 

I'm sure they do.    The process worked for them.  That's great in baseball.  Worked for the Cubs last year as well but in case you havent' figured out....that's a different sport.   The guys you're trusting to pick the players and make this process work,  haven't shown a lot of success in picking players to this point but we're supposed to just blindly trust them no matter what?   Bring everyone back....coaches, front office...everyone.  No changes...even if they go 0-16 or 1-15?  Really?  Nothing should change at all?  An unprecedented level of suckage for an organization and that doesn't warrant any changes at all? 

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

The guys you're trusting to pick the players and make this process work,  haven't shown a lot of success in picking players to this point but we're supposed to just blindly trust them no matter what?

No I am saying they cant be judged yet becuase it's been 1.5 years, there is a big difference. Mark do you really think it's practical to judge the 2017 draft picks already, after eight games? That is just crazy surely

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

No I am saying they cant be judged yet becuase it's been 1.5 years, there is a big difference. Mark do you really think it's practical to judge the 2017 draft picks already, after eight games? That is just crazy surely

I think 8 games can give you a pretty good indication of what you have.   We are pretty sure that Kizer ain't the guy.   Njoku is fine...hardly first round talent to this point (kizer is partially to blame here as well), Peppers either isn't that good or is being used horribly by St. Greg Williams since I haven't seen him do anything other than be a return man.

Last years picks...Coleman?  Certainly seems like a bust.    They are missing more than they are hitting and they seem to be more interested in just passing off picking until the future rather than taking talented players.  I'm not one who would say they should've taken Wentz (that's easy to do now), I thought there were serious questions about him and his level of competition in college.   I have a hard time with a team that is likely to be 2-30 over a 2 year period (or worse) and saying we shouldn't change anything.  That's a record level of suckage.  Something needs to change.  Whether its a new head coach...or just a new guy who is in charge of the draft room, but something has to be done.

Just now, Mark O said:

I think 8 games can give you a pretty good indication of what you have.   We are pretty sure that Kizer ain't the guy.   Njoku is fine...hardly first round talent to this point (kizer is partially to blame here as well), Peppers either isn't that good or is being used horribly by St. Greg Williams since I haven't seen him do anything other than be a return man.

Last years picks...Coleman?  Certainly seems like a bust.    They are missing more than they are hitting and they seem to be more interested in just passing off picking until the future rather than taking talented players.  I'm not one who would say they should've taken Wentz (that's easy to do now), I thought there were serious questions about him and his level of competition in college.   I have a hard time with a team that is likely to be 2-30 over a 2 year period (or worse) and saying we shouldn't change anything.  That's a record level of suckage.  Something needs to change.  Whether its a new head coach...or just a new guy who is in charge of the draft room, but something has to be done.

I hear you Mark. I think Hue should go as he picked RG3, Kizer and nearly AJ McCarron and it's the offense that's crippling this team. He refuses to get help calling offensice plays. That's his baby and he should pay the price more than anyone.....IMO

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

I hear you Mark. I think Hue should go as he picked RG3, Kizer and nearly AJ McCarron and it's the offense that's crippling this team. He refuses to get help calling offensice plays. That's his baby and he should pay the price more than anyone.....IMO

I think RGIII was an ok choice...he was a low cost, high upside potential and we moved on quickly from him.    McCown was a mistake to let go especially with a rookie like Kizer.   If the FO decides that Hue is the problem and moves on from him,  I won't lose any sleep over it.  

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

I think RGIII was an ok choice...he was a low cost, high upside potential and we moved on quickly from him.    McCown was a mistake to let go especially with a rookie like Kizer.   If the FO decides that Hue is the problem and moves on from him,  I won't lose any sleep over it.  

I don’t understand the reasoning of not having a veteran QB on the roster mentor the young’uns.

Just now, LondonBrown said:

With QBs I am sure it's been Hue, all the evidence points that way 

Sure but then it seems like Hue wanted Watson and that didn't happen.   Until someone is fired either out of the front office or someone like Hue, we will never know for sure who anyone really wanted or picked.  

But even so, Hue is the HC, he signed up knowing Sashi had final say on roster. It is Hue's job to bring our QBs on, it is his job to bring all the players on, I dont have much sympathy for him. He isn't coaching what he has well and seems to be instead blaming everybody else

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

But even so, Hue is the HC, he signed up knowing Sashi had final say on roster. It is Hue's job to bring our QBs on, it is his job to bring all the players on, I dont have much sympathy for him. He isn't coaching what he has well and seems to be instead blaming everybody else

I don't disagree that he isn't calling plays to make the job easier on the QB.   Look at the throws he had Hogan throwing....dude has to know he doesn't have the arm to make that throw yet it still kept getting called.  He finally last week started calling some sort passes to make things easier on Kizer.    The clock management is infuriating.....its not that hard.  Wanted to send him a game of Madden to play over the bye week so he can learn some clock management skills.     That's why I don't think he gets brought back next year.  Something has to change with a team with a record this poor.  If Jimmy is sold on the moneyball/analytics, then still something needs to be done and it's going to be Hue that pays the price.

Archived