THE BROWNS BOARD

Thursday night football...

LondonBrown

7 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

The front office isn’t trying to win games. They’re trying to develop talent and get the best draft pick. Regardless of anyone’s feelings on the matter, it’s pretty obvious that winning is only a concern of the coach, players and fans. 

so in ur argument the fans make up 33%?

might be enough pressure considering they are the ones spending the money to pay for these people's salaries. FO doesn't care about winning? then they need to be gone as well as anyone else in an org that is based within a biz that wins and losses are all that matters.

you hire people within your small biz that come in and kick rocks and don't want to be there? uh no.

11 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

This sport is being ruined

What makes it "ruined" for me is all the protest bs  and all the attention the media gives these yard apes for their protest and salute to the Black Panthers, No I am not trying to make this a political thread only saying, But as far as Thursday Night games........They suck, I can't watch a full game because of work and not to mention unless the Browns or Pisspuke are playing I couldn't careless about them., I do however recall Hoyer going to Cinntucky on a Thursday game and slapped the snot out of them, oh what good times we had "sigh" How is it we plowed thru and passed over so many qb's and not 1 of them were worth a pint of piss?

29 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

The front office isn’t trying to win games. They’re trying to develop talent and get the best draft pick. Regardless of anyone’s feelings on the matter, it’s pretty obvious that winning is only a concern of the coach, players and fans. 

I don't think they are supposed to develop the talent so much as pick it. And that's been a major fail. And that leads to a 1-23 record. 

9 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Then youre passing on a QB this coming draft which would be the biggest mistake in Browns history.

Draft a QB with the 1st pick and sit him behind Kizer. 

Personally i thought the mccarron deal meant the end of kizer. They were gonna draft a qb and have him sit behind mccarron. Not kizer.

3 hours ago, miktoxic said:

so in ur argument the fans make up 33%?

might be enough pressure considering they are the ones spending the money to pay for these people's salaries. FO doesn't care about winning? then they need to be gone as well as anyone else in an org that is based within a biz that wins and losses are all that matters.

you hire people within your small biz that come in and kick rocks and don't want to be there? uh no.

It isn’t exactly apples and oranges. It seems that they don’t want to win so they can put themselves in a position to build a core of talent that they will be able to maintain for a long time and achieve sustainable success down the road. Whether you agree with their approach or not, they aren’t kicking rocks because they don’t want to be there. They believe that the difference between 4-5 wins and 0-1 wins in the short term isn’t worth the value of the picks for the future.  Of course with anything else, it comes down to being able to put those picks to work, but when there are so many variables at play, it’s better to have higher picks and more of them so you can take your lumps and still come out with a strong base of talent. 

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I don't think they are supposed to develop the talent so much as pick it. And that's been a major fail. And that leads to a 1-23 record. 

I wouldn’t say it’s been a major fail. Garrett had a high ankle sprain and a concussion, but when he’s out there he is already the best defender on the field, Ogbah is the top rated run stopping DE in the league, Njoku looks like he will develop into a great weapon and is crazy young. Peppers is tough to evaluate as he is playing out of position. Ogunjobi is another good young lineman. Drango and Shon Coleman are provin to be good lineman, and Corey Coleman is a good receiver who can’t stay healthy, which is one of those variables that no front office can account for when there is no major injury history to speak of.  

Its easy to cave-man it and say 1-23 mean players bad (grunt) but the turn over on this team in such a short period of time isn’t common for the NFL. This team is a bunch of kids trying to figure out how to win against grown men who have been doing it for years. The NFL gets more impatient every year, but rookies do get better. Sometimes they get a lot better. Terry Bradshaw would never have the opportunity to make the HOF in today’s NFL. 

31 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

I wouldn’t say it’s been a major fail. Garrett had a high ankle sprain and a concussion, but when he’s out there he is already the best defender on the field, Ogbah is the top rated run stopping DE in the league, Njoku looks like he will develop into a great weapon and is crazy young. Peppers is tough to evaluate as he is playing out of position. Ogunjobi is another good young lineman. Drango and Shon Coleman are provin to be good lineman, and Corey Coleman is a good receiver who can’t stay healthy, which is one of those variables that no front office can account for when there is no major injury history to speak of.  

Its easy to cave-man it and say 1-23 mean players bad (grunt) but the turn over on this team in such a short period of time isn’t common for the NFL. This team is a bunch of kids trying to figure out how to win against grown men who have been doing it for years. The NFL gets more impatient every year, but rookies do get better. Sometimes they get a lot better. Terry Bradshaw would never have the opportunity to make the HOF in today’s NFL. 

This. Because of the perennial losing, the media (looking at you WKNR) is fixated on the win-loss. They harped on about Josh McCown's W-L record here and were gleeful when he was cut. Josh now has more wins in one season with the Jets than the Browns since 2015, the Browns should've kept him to start the season and mentor Kizer. Haslam is on record stating this would not be a winning season, so I don't get all the wailing about the record. Let's see the process completed and go from there.

9 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Regardless of anyone’s feelings on the matter, it’s pretty obvious that winning is only a concern of the coach, players and fans. 

Have you seen the the size of the crowds at the home games? 

That alone should make Jimmah concerned about winning.

7 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

It isn’t exactly apples and oranges. It seems that they don’t want to win so they can put themselves in a position to build a core of talent that they will be able to maintain for a long time and achieve sustainable success down the road. Whether you agree with their approach or not, they aren’t kicking rocks because they don’t want to be there. They believe that the difference between 4-5 wins and 0-1 wins in the short term isn’t worth the value of the picks for the future.  Of course with anything else, it comes down to being able to put those picks to work, but when there are so many variables at play, it’s better to have higher picks and more of them so you can take your lumps and still come out with a strong base of talent. 

i get it brother BUT we/they have been saying that for how many years now? draft a core of players? that was on every FO's list since '99 and it hasn't produced Sheet. don't know your remedy but if someone comes to my biz and don't know Sheet, i'll know about it within weeks and put them on notice. a year and half? PULEEEZ.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Have you seen the the size of the crowds at the home games? 

That alone should make Jimmah concerned about winning.

showed the crowd at a browns game on some stupid sports channel while flippin thru channels. OOOOOOOF. 

i guess jimma better raise the price of beer nuts at the register.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:06 PM, Mark O said:

So lets keep our shitty Head Coach because we are afraid of losing the coordinator??  C'mon...seriously?  So how long does Hue get to keep his job in order to protect St. Williams?   Hue comes back in '18 and wins 3 games....that good enough to bring him back again?   You can't really be serious with that?  You think guys like Garrett and the rest of the defense are going to forget how to play if Williams isn't the coach?  And lets not forget, this great DC, has a guy playing 50 yards off the ball so I'm not sure how great he actually is at his job.  

Is Greg Williams your dad?  Is that why you're so protective of him?

On 11/3/2017 at 12:28 AM, RoyceRolls said:

Are we lamenting the fact that McCown isn’t on the team?! Really? He couldn’t win/stay healthy when he was here, but now that he’s had a few wins with the Jets it’s a fireable offense to get rid of him?  And Hoyer? The guy who got cut by the only team competing for the first overall pick?!? The collective psyche of Browns fans has been damaged beyond repair I fear. 

Yep. There may be no hope. 

On 11/3/2017 at 1:20 PM, MDDawg said:

This. Because of the perennial losing, the media (looking at you WKNR) is fixated on the win-loss. They harped on about Josh McCown's W-L record here and were gleeful when he was cut. Josh now has more wins in one season with the Jets than the Browns since 2015, the Browns should've kept him to start the season and mentor Kizer. Haslam is on record stating this would not be a winning season, so I don't get all the wailing about the record. Let's see the process completed and go from there.

Great post. 

It took the Astros 3 100 loss seasons to see the beginning of the turnaround, but since this is football we should be twice as fast.

Therefore we should be at least 4-4 during the last 8 games so fans can see we are right on track in the turnaround process.

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It took the Astros 3 100 loss seasons to see the beginning of the turnaround, but since this is football we should be twice as fast.

Therefore we should be at least 4-4 during the last 8 games so fans can see we are right on track in the turnaround process.

I wonder if they had a FO that drafted 4 pitchers in one draft who are now playing for the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp?

Archived