THE BROWNS BOARD

From High Atop the Channel 8 Building It's

flyingfooldoug

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

As a side note, The history on those involving the underground railroad is interesting.

Except those must have been the ones for the KKK since the lawn jockeys for the underground railroad were allegedly black.:rolleyes:

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Browns FO and coaches:    Group photo?

Lawn_Jockeys3.jpg

Coffee Fetchers. All of them

5 hours ago, miktoxic said:

some of my BFs society and heritage which i love and appreciate. not so much the borscht. do know how to gamble under the dim lites and pocket tents. oh and they do it in the summer here.

http://yonkersukrainianfestival.org/

Looks like a great time for us Ukrainians one of the big city benefits. 

12 hours ago, miktoxic said:

some of my BFs society and heritage which i love and appreciate. not so much the borscht. do know how to gamble under the dim lites and pocket tents. oh and they do it in the summer here.

http://yonkersukrainianfestival.org/

What's your boyfriend's name?

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Hmmmm, now I got the urge for keilbasa and pirohi for breakfast

Oh god yes.....and the pirohi smothered with grilled onions in butter topped with cold sour cream, uuuummmmm.

I remember how the old ladies did it at the Holy Trinity church on Rayen Avenue when I was growing up,  OMG.

42 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Brief "hands" shot of ghoolie here.:lol:

Believe Me.. Ghoulie don't need a mail order bride.. his wife is quite adorable...

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh god yes.....and the pirohi smothered with grilled onions in butter topped with cold sour cream, uuuummmmm.

I remember how the old ladies did it at the Holy Trinity church on Rayen Avenue when I was growing up,  OMG.

Still the best pyrohy anywhere. My Aunts Florence, Annie and Helen were among the founding sisters of that kitchen. My parents, Charlie and Mary were the first couple to be married by Monsegnior Adamiak. I served as an Altar Boy for 7 years there,  played over 50 gigs, and laughed with my cousin Pat Bilon.......the actor who was inside the ET costume.

Last Month, I said farewell to my Mom at our Church.

PS - Those weren't old ladies, you were just a young kid. Back then, everyone, to us, was old.

PS #2 - That pyrohy recipe is that of my aunt, Florence Kushyk. She was a phenomenal baker and cook and was once solicited by Grahm Kerr, The Galloping Gourmet, to appear on his show for a series on Slavic cooking. If you can ever find a copy of the Holy Trinity cook book, and there were a lot of them sold, you will see my aunt credited for a lot of the concoctions.

If you ever make pyrhohy for yourself and want something really special, drain and wash some saurkraut. Boil it for 3 minutes, drain it again, then fry it in butter and brown sugar for 5 minutes. Make a pyrohy mix of 50/50 kraut and potato and you will think you died and went to heaven.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Brief "hands" shot of ghoolie here.:lol:

Texas.............. can you believe this? A Ukrainian playing a Weltmeister? A German Accordion. I am ENRAGED. Oh, wait a minute, I play Italian Giulietti accordions and also have a couple Weltmeisters. 

Never mind, LOL.

Nice find, bro. Thanks for the post.

Archived