THE BROWNS BOARD

Pay raise for Joe Thomas

darren15

Browns Rework Joe Thomas’ Contract, Making Him Highest-Paid OL

Browns amended contract of OT Joe Thomas this week, making him the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL in 2018,

$Great News$..I believe we did the same thing last season with either Bitonio or Kirksey on IR last season? Congrats JT..SB/Haslem, you did the right thing to the right guy this time.. #73

Why?

Joe wouldn't leave for a winner last year during the trade deadline what makes management think he's walking anytime soon?  Or do the Browns just like to overpay players for no reason, smh.  Sorry you got hurt Joe here's another $5 million we aren't going to spend it on talent anyway.

Joe does not have a choice to go to a winner..Management does..Joe likes Cleveland..Done nothing here to lose his job here..so trade him for whom? A PICK---HAHAHAHA 

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Joe does not have a choice to go to a winner..Management does..Joe likes Cleveland..Done nothing here to lose his job here..so trade him for whom? A PICK---HAHAHAHA 

Teams expressed interest in Joe last year before the trade deadline and he told management he wanted to stay in Cleveland.  I have nothing against Joe but he was inked through 2018 and I see no reason to spend more on a guy who is already signed, especially without an extension.

32 teams would not sign JT to a extension at this point..Doctors can't even predict if he may play again? This increase makes JT the top paid LT going into the 2018 season which He's Earned..When we still pay the likes of Farmer,Petine than watch Osweiler play on our dime? Paying JT is nothing to bark about right now..If Franchise Stupidity pay was just payable to JT? He's welcome to it..  

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

32 teams would not sign JT to a extension at this point..Doctors can't even predict if he may play again? This increase makes JT the top paid LT going into the 2018 season which He's Earned..When we still pay the likes of Farmer,Petine than watch Osweiler play on our dime? Paying JT is nothing to bark about right now..If Franchise Stupidity pay was just payable to JT? He's welcome to it..  

There is no loyalty in the NFL, that's the business.  You earn your contract and if you don't you get cut.  This is simple.  Osweilier was paid for a pick and coaches and GMs get paid after being fired constantly.  This is NFL 101 but hey Joe's a good guy.

6 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

$4 million is a top 30 safety in the NFL

tell this to the rookie QB's blindside JT's protecting..what trade interest was shown in JT last 2 seasons? last i read was Farmer to Denver?  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Reward loyalty from a guy who could have gone anywhere he wanted.

We all like to see "Joe Browns" get his reward for hanging in with this bunch.

Plus now he can open up the biggest bait and tackle shop on the Great Lakes. 

19 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Good for Joe..... If there's any Browns v2.0 player that deserves this, it's Joe. 

That would be an interesting question to ask everyone: Who are the best five players to play for the Browns since '99?

Thomas is obviously #1, Phil Dawson is on that list.... then it gets interesting.

28 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thomas is obviously #1, Phil Dawson is on that list.... then it gets interesting.

JT,Dawson,Joe Haden,Alex Mack,Cameron Jordan(or reverse),D'qwell Jackson 

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Ghoolie’s head may explode.

Why would my head explode? This fauking team is 1 -23 under this logic, the FO and coaching staff are at odds, we just saw a scrub play LT pretty much as well as JT did, and with JT facing rehab and collecting Social Security benefits............these a$$holes focus on THIS meaningless bullschidt?

Hey, who am I to stop self deprecating behavior. Hell, man, give him Haslams pay scale for all I care. Hell, fire everyone and just send Joe Thomas out on the field.

Joe THomas,  Joe Tomas,  Joe Thomas.............................. That's what the Browns need to do to keep the rebuild going as well as it has............focus on a lard ayus.

Fauhking idiots.

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Why?

Joe wouldn't leave for a winner last year during the trade deadline what makes management think he's walking anytime soon?  Or do the Browns just like to overpay players for no reason, smh.  Sorry you got hurt Joe here's another $5 million we aren't going to spend it on talent anyway.

When criticizing this FO, at least make an attempt to be somewhat within the real of reality. 

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

When criticizing this FO, at least make an attempt to be somewhat within the real of reality. 

Sorry $3.  Completely under contract for next season with no discussion of him leaving Cleveland.  The Patriots would not have made this move.  The NFL is a cruel business with no room for sentiment, unless you're a Browns fan.

13 hours ago, gumby73 said:

tell this to the rookie QB's blindside JT's protecting..what trade interest was shown in JT last 2 seasons? last i read was Farmer to Denver?  

There have been teams reported to have interest.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-rumors-heres-what-the-browns-want-for-star-tackle-joe-thomas/

My point is Joe isn't actively saying he wants out.  He has made in known several times he wants to stay in Cleveland.  If he has said to management, "I expect my bonuses or I'm walking" I'm fine with the team paying him but make that known.  Sashi can walk up to the mic and say Joe Thomas asked to be the highest paid O-Lineman and based on his past performance in Cleveland we decided to make it happen.  The Browns would be one of the few, if not only, NFL team to pay a player for past performance but hey guys can feel great about wearing their Thomas jersey.

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

PR move

Maybe somewhat or an (unspoken) admission of how bad this organization both past and present has screwed up since 1999 despite adequate opportunities to draft high and get it right.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

PR move

I tend to agree but if that's the case what does that say about us as fans.  Successful NFL teams have treated talent horribly in the name of winning and their fan base seems ok with it.  In recent memory the Pats and Eagles come to mind.

23 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Sorry $3.  Completely under contract for next season with no discussion of him leaving Cleveland.  The Patriots would not have made this move.  The NFL is a cruel business with no room for sentiment, unless you're a Browns fan.

You said “do the Browns simply overpay players for no reason? Smh.” Despite the fact that this FO has been nails with contracts, trades, and player valuations. 

Archived