Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Why didn't we get Garoppolo?


Recommended Posts

Now it's reported that the Browns never had a chance for Garoppolo. The 49's had Hoyer, and since Pats were losing their backup QB, this was the trade that made sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://bostonsportsdesk.com/bill-belichick-explains-the-jimmy-g-trade  Just read Belichick's explanation of trade. Add in Brady & Jimmy have same agent. Equals.."Out of respect for Jimmy"= "Jimmy getting better coach" with no matches for Dumpster Fires.."On multiple Levels" All of Boston Can sleep at night..what really is the extra Brns. pick worth to the Pats? Bill always puts team first.(other division).Your really not respecting your team nor player, with Bill & Brady really liking Jimmy G. In this case, dumping Jimmy off in Cleveland was not worth extra pick to the Pats    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Gumby that makes a lot of sense actually.

 

Browns were not given a chance to match -- even the extra stuff that we had available to sweeten the deal didn't help.  Also one can read between the lines that Kessler/Hogan aren't viewed as useful even in the backup role in Foxboro..

Or even Kizer-be fair about it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

still, I hate reading that fuking sashi and the office went to happy hour while the coaches were there all night. You fukers love to pile on Hue but the dude sounds like he's working his butt off trying to put something palatable on the field for us while the analytics fgts can't wait to leave the office and go to some upscale clubs/bars. God help that FO if I was the owner. I would have been in there with the coaches and looking around going where the fuk are my prized bean counters? Oh they're at briccos'? we'll see about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

still, I hate reading that fuking sashi and the office went to happy hour while the coaches were there all night. You fukers love to pile on Hue but the dude sounds like he's working his butt off trying to put something palatable on the field for us while the analytics fgts can't wait to leave the office and go to some upscale clubs/bars. God help that FO if I was the owner. I would have been in there with the coaches and looking around going where the fuk are my prized bean counters? Oh they're at briccos'? we'll see about this.

Whats even more pathetic is that same FO went out of its way to stymie a trade that for better or worse... might've helped this team.. I almost feel sorry for Hue.. But Hue is a dumbf u c k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shmuck Garrapolo. Play Kizer. Let the kid learn, and let's for once see what I guy can do.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow. I actually agree with Ghoolie. Let the kid play. Kid "blows" after 8 games? wow. maybe if his coach adapted is play calling to his strengths, ie Bill O'Brien with Watson, he would be playing better. Once again, 8 games for a 21 yr old rookie is a fart in the wind. Jared Goff would have been set out to pasture if this was last year. he looks pretty good this year to me. Funny, how a little experience for a qb and the right play calling goes a long way. Give Kizer a chance to grow. Even this past game against MN he looked so much better than before but his numbers sucked because his receivers couldn't catch a ball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, kizer isnt ready. If it were "just" mistakes on timing or not being on the same page with wr's....id be ok with it. But its something even with his mechanics and vision. They wrote about this in preseason. For awhile people were wondering if he even makes the team. But he got a hold of it during preseason, now tho whatever it was is back. Hopefully the bye week helps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bigalow80 said:

wow. I actually agree with Ghoolie. Let the kid play. Kid "blows" after 8 games? wow. maybe if his coach adapted is play calling to his strengths, ie Bill O'Brien with Watson, he would be playing better. Once again, 8 games for a 21 yr old rookie is a fart in the wind. Jared Goff would have been set out to pasture if this was last year. he looks pretty good this year to me. Funny, how a little experience for a qb and the right play calling goes a long way. Give Kizer a chance to grow. Even this past game against MN he looked so much better than before but his numbers sucked because his receivers couldn't catch a ball. 

 

It's more complicated than that. When a team and coach go 1-15 the previous year, and they're 0-8 AGAIN, it's difficult to just "see if he grows". We need a freaking win. And it's not just that Kizer is young and makes mistakes. People could live with that, the bigger problem is he doesn't do hardly anything GOOD. He literally doesn't throw touchdown passes. Like ever. Our coach has to dumb the playbook down so much that we're not a threat to anyone. We can't pass over the middle like ever. How many touchdown passes has Kizer missed this year, either by throwing an awful pass or worse, by not even SEEING the open guy. If Kizer had like 11 touchdowns and 11 picks, I could agree with you. I could say he's just making rookie mistakes. But it's so much MORE than that. Kizer legitimately looks INCAPABLE of scoring. The way he consistently scores is by running the ball into the end zone from the 1 yard line. We can't exactly call THAT play frequently, can we? 

Making matters completely worse, Deshaun Watson was having a record setting season. Our rookie QB looks like the second coming of Rain Man. Just look at Kizer in the red zone. Just LOOK AT HIM. That throw he made to Devalve last week when Devalve slammed into the defender and Kizer threw it to HIM instead of waiting a half second and making the toss to a wide open Dreggs....that is Kizer. It would've been just about the easiest touchdown pass in history, but no. No, no, no. Just the other week I saw Deshaun Watson at the same yard line do a complete 360 degree turn, avoid a defender, and whip the ball to an open receiver with hardly looking at him. Deshone Kizer can't even figure out how to pee standing up. I'm done with him this year. I don't care who we have to bring in, but I don't need to see that bozo take another snap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

still, I hate reading that fuking sashi and the office went to happy hour while the coaches were there all night. You fukers love to pile on Hue but the dude sounds like he's working his butt off trying to put something palatable on the field for us while the analytics fgts can't wait to leave the office and go to some upscale clubs/bars. God help that FO if I was the owner. I would have been in there with the coaches and looking around going where the fuk are my prized bean counters? Oh they're at briccos'? we'll see about this.

Ialready addressed this. Coaching is an all day every day job during the season. Front office work is not. 

 

This line of criticism is the dumbest I’ve seen yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

still, I hate reading that fuking sashi and the office went to happy hour while the coaches were there all night. You fukers love to pile on Hue but the dude sounds like he's working his butt off trying to put something palatable on the field for us while the analytics fgts can't wait to leave the office and go to some upscale clubs/bars. God help that FO if I was the owner. I would have been in there with the coaches and looking around going where the fuk are my prized bean counters? Oh they're at briccos'? we'll see about this.

Keep in mind that I hate your rotten stinking filthy guts but I have to agree this time sir.

^_^

WSS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

Ialready addressed this. Coaching is an all day every day job during the season. Front office work is not. 

 

This line of criticism is the dumbest I’ve seen yet. 

Not at the trade deadline with an 0-8 team. Cmon man. After the deadline ok, whats left to do? In the last week this FO missed on alot of players that went for "nothing". Dareus went to the hags fir a 6th round pick and immediately was one of the most disruptive players on the field in his debut. Dont tell me this FO is doing its job when one of the best DT's in football goes to another team for a case of beer, some cigs and some noody mags.

Like srsly soldiers in ww2 trenches gave up more for a couple rolled cigs and some playing cards with bikini'd women on them then what the jags gave up in that trade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Not at the trade deadline with an 0-8 team. Cmon man. After the deadline ok, whats left to do? In the last week this FO missed on alot of players that went for "nothing". Dareus went to the hags fir a 6th round pick and immediately was one of the most disruptive players on the field in his debut. Dont tell me this FO is doing its job when one of the best DT's in football goes to another team for a case of beer, some cigs and some noody mags.

Like srsly soldiers in ww2 trenches gave up more for a couple rolled cigs and some playing cards with bikini'd women on them then what the jags gave up in that trade

Do you not realize that just because a trade occurred does not mean all 32 teams were given an opportunity to make the deal?

I would have liked to have gotten the guy too. I get the frustration. But it's nothing to bring up in every other thread. Stick to Bosa for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wargograw said:

Do you not realize that just because a trade occurred does not mean all 32 teams were given an opportunity to make the deal?

I would have liked to have gotten the guy too. I get the frustration. But it's nothing to bring up in every other thread. Stick to Bosa for that.

There are probably like 10-12 teams out there looking for a QB.   So you are right....not all of them had a chance. 

Carson Palmer is on the way out in AZ.....do you think they could have used JG over Drew Stanton?  But they never had a chance to make the trade.  

Maybe Denver also had an interest.....though they are like the Browns....with a three headed (toothless) monster.

The Jets could use one.  (but the Jets and Pats would never consummate a trade.)

There may have been others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

Do you not realize that just because a trade occurred does not mean all 32 teams were given an opportunity to make the deal?

I would have liked to have gotten the guy too. I get the frustration. But it's nothing to bring up in every other thread. Stick to Bosa for that.

Id like confirmation that NE didnt give anyone else a chance. I aint buyin it. I aint buyin that buffalo heard from the jags and was like a 6th it is and talked to no one else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's funny that Bellichick keeps getting players from their division rivals (like Stephon Gilmore) whereas sells his players to non rivals. That's an easy way to keep winning the division consistently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

There are probably like 10-12 teams out there looking for a QB.   So you are right....not all of them had a chance. 

Carson Palmer is on the way out in AZ.....do you think they could have used JG over Drew Stanton?  But they never had a chance to make the trade.  

Maybe Denver also had an interest.....though they are like the Browns....with a three headed (toothless) monster.

The Jets could use one.  (but the Jets and Pats would never consummate a trade.)

There may have been others.

maybe hue will convince jimmy to trade arizona one of our firsts for carson palmer. of course sashi would have to sabotage that trade too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Id like confirmation that NE didnt give anyone else a chance. I aint buyin it. I aint buyin that buffalo heard from the jags and was like a 6th it is and talked to no one else

Well, unsympathetic posted as close to confirmation as you're gonna find. With Buffalo, you never know. I'm just saying don't assume. Buffalo may have reached out to 25 teams and we just weren't one. Dareus also could have done something that pissed them off and they wanted to get him out of the building that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...