THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

No BROWNS WEEK 9? Hey no problem we still have to eat, so what's your favorite gameday or just weekend eats?

Dine in or tavern hangout, carryout, favorite rib, chicken, pizza, sandwich, whatever or even cook at home what's up for GAMEDAY ?

......... OCTOBER 23, 2019......and we've added something that has become more popular delivery! Everyone is getting into the delivery business now even the better restaurants.  

...... June 3, 2022 ......  a few tweaks to.......7/20/22.....

●  Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

Well we went pizza and  Philly Steaks with good old greasy fries from Brier Hill Pizza & Wings in Struthers, Ohio and my old friends and owners Ruth and Tom.

Had it Saturday for my YSU Penguins TV game who won big on the road and......well the BUCKEYES who got caught dead flat in Iowa.

Leftovers today for NFL football.

Just now, BaconHound said:

May sound weird but cheese curds

Nothing weird about cheese anything!  :wub:

the way the qb's and wr's are playing, I don't eat anything watching the rerun.... lol.

But my Wife gets out some steaks and I toss em on the grill. Did thick T-bone steaks,

3 min on a side, cranked up to about 500. Just a bit pink inside.

american version of brat blows. food truck in germany with brat on hard kaiser roll with mustard and order of pomme frits with mayo on the side. wurtzburg hofbrau to wash it down with while walking over bridge listening to open air concert.

but u nigels wouldn't know cuz....

For away games I either fire up the Big Green Egg or electric smoker. For the smoker it's gonna be pulled pork with vinegar finishing sauce and homemade BBQ on the side, slaw and buns. If not pulled pork I'll smoke some ribs with a Memphis rub.    With the egg this year I've done half lb sirloin burgers with aged white cheddar, thick pepper bacon and grilled onion on buttered toasted brioche. Last game I cranked it up to about 550F and did Tandoori chicken skewers and some marinated thighs for shawarma.  Sheet I just made myself hungry lol. 

Well, for the Board's resident wino- (even at the Tailgates) it's wine, wine and more wine. Tailgates- it's what ever- dogs, bbq, pizza. At our normal viewing spot, resident pal's house (temporarily closed for a total kitchen remodeling) it's bring your own wine or beer- no cheap junk please. French Bread, Italian Beef, prosciutto, capicola, cheese tray. Chips, dip, tostitos, salsa. Guys have brought wings and pizza. 

In case of a win, we used to do a "victory port". Now its a "moral victory" port.  :)  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you originally from NE Ohio?

Nope, SoCal born and raised, but my Mom's family ran a farm in Indiana so that's where B&G came from.

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

You know, I've never watched Sideways in it's entirety. Chewing gum & drinking wine would be bad, especially if you swallowed the gum.  But LOL- don't know how long I'll be doing it- I help out teaching a wine appreciation course at the University of Dayton. 

Chef salad,Fried red potatoes w/onions and mushrooms ,and a two inch thick medium RARE Ribeye!!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/5/2017 at 2:08 PM, miktoxic said:

american version of brat blows. food truck in germany with brat on hard kaiser roll with mustard and order of pomme frits with mayo on the side. wurtzburg hofbrau to wash it down with while walking over bridge listening to open air concert.

but u nigels wouldn't know cuz....

Outside of Ayers Kaserne in Kirchgoens, right outside the main gate was a little shop where they charbroiled brats with a little loaf of bread (braiun)? and pomme ftits.  With the extremlely small pay check I had then I could afford this a couple of times a month.  The brats they have here suck and I can't even eat them.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Outside of Ayers Kaserne in Kirchgoens, right outside the main gate was a little shop where they charbroiled brats with a little loaf of bread (braiun)? and pomme ftits.  With the extremlely small pay check I had then I could afford this a couple of times a month.  The brats they have here suck and I can't even eat them.

Shmuck all that.. just give me a big pan of Burek and Sarma... I'm good!

On 11/6/2017 at 7:00 PM, BrownsnMopar said:

Chef salad,Fried red potatoes w/onions and mushrooms ,and a two inch thick medium RARE Ribeye!!! 

Caesar occasional chef, BP for me occasional sliced baked  🥔 potato with EVOO then add butter and SC,  like a side of mushrooms and of course the ribeye 1 1/4" and medium. ;)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I was lucky to be there when the dollar was like 5:1. Remember beer machines that were the size of toasters stuck on outside wall with endless supply of ‘room temp’ glass bottle beer and a gypsy pizza guy allowed on base ringing a cow bell at 2am with pizza?

(Hindenburg Kaserne, Wurzburg).

WEEK 10 NFL, WEEK 11 NCAA and menu not finished yet but probably no pizza this weekend but my games so far:

Saturday noon Michigan State at OHIO STATE on FOX

2 pm YSU at Southern Illinois on WBCB

Sunday 1 pm CLEVELAND BROWNS at Detroit on CBS (if not blacked out locally here for Pittsburgh)

I'm thinking maybe baked or barbecued chicken and the fixens, good for leftovers!  :P

On 11/7/2017 at 6:01 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Nothing like a bag of longneck clams, some fresh melted butter and bbq chicken with a sweet tater  this time of year. Nobody around here is very familiar with the Clambake thing so we need to do it ourselves.

An ice log with 2 people schucking little necks, lemon,  Socktail sauce and Franks hot sauce.... a beer mug straight out of freezer filled with can of Bud, and a baguette to sop up all juices dripped on plate.

Never forget the lobster.

Every year brother...world famous.

9F77C428-0510-4468-8491-FA965161F3E5.jpeg