THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

An ice log with 2 people schucking little necks, lemon,  Socktail sauce and Franks hot sauce.... a beer mug straight out of freezer filled with can of Bud, and a baguette to sop up all juices dripped on plate.

Never forget the lobster.

Every year brother...world famous.

9F77C428-0510-4468-8491-FA965161F3E5.jpeg

Winner winner, chicken dinner! Sounds good. Now I'm thinking breakfast..

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2017 at 6:01 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Nothing like a bag of longneck clams, some fresh melted butter and bbq chicken with a sweet tater  this time of year. Nobody around here is very familiar with the Clambake thing so we need to do it ourselves.

Oh wife stopped in to our local Giant Eagle in boardman ohio, I had told her I was hungry for some clam chowder, well she picked up a container in the deli department  (NOT CANNED!) well it wasn't bad at all. Most all stores have some prepared foods now and some are worth trying especially if you need a quick meal and don't want to eat out of a white or brown bag.

Oh we're still thinking chicken for Saturday probably baked at home, it is going to be an unusually cold week for grilling out! 

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

WEEK 10 NFL, WEEK 11 NCAA and menu not finished yet but probably no pizza this weekend but my games so far:

Saturday noon Michigan State at OHIO STATE on FOX

2 pm YSU at Southern Illinois on WBCB

Sunday 1 pm CLEVELAND BROWNS at Detroit on CBS (if not blacked out locally here for Pittsburgh)

I'm thinking maybe baked or barbecued chicken and the fixens, good for leftovers!  :P

Oh other Saturday  gameday selections:

Saturday, Nov. 11

More interesting games

1 Alabama at No. 18 Mississippi State, 7 p.m., ESPN

No. 3 Notre Dame at No. 7 Miami, 8 p.m., ABC

No. 8 TCU at No. 5 Oklahoma, 8 p.m., FOX

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh wife stopped in to our local Giant Eagle in boardman ohio, I had told her I was hungry for some clam chowder, well she picked up a container in the deli department  (NOT CANNED!) well it wasn't bad at all. Most all stores have some prepared foods now and some are worth trying especially if you need a quick meal and don't want to eat out of a white or brown bag.

Oh we're still thinking chicken for Saturday probably baked at home, it is going to be an unusually cold week for grilling out! 

Take the drive to Mentor. Euclid fish co is the place to get fresh seafood

• Upvote 1

Well we decided to clean out the freezer this weekend :

Friday afternoon  had some great big chicken wings we baked from the meat department at Giant Eagle. Baked up some boneless short ribs with peppers, carrots and plenty of onions and had mashed potatoes for Friday night and leftovers for Saturday's games.

Sunday will have turkey breasts and whatever for the BROWNS game,  a cold weather use the oven in the house weekend. 

Well so much for the blacked out BROWNS we're having baked turkey brest tonight with potatoes, veggies all of that good stuff.  Damn my wife is an excellent cook.....I'm pretty good too!

Week 11 NFL and week 12 NCAA football, what's cooking?

Saturday - oven baked pork chops

Sunday - keilbassi on the grill outside

You're like me when It comes to grilling I see.  I don't care if it's snowing or how cold, I'll grill it up and bring it inside to eat.  Neighbors sometimes think I'm crazy (okay, all the time).  Must be cause I have the Ak and .45 on my waist.  MAGA.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You're like me when It comes to grilling I see.  I don't care if it's snowing or how cold, I'll grill it up and bring it inside to eat.  Neighbors sometimes think I'm crazy (okay, all the time).  Must be cause I have the Ak and .45 on my waist.  MAGA.

It's the Ka-Bar in your mouth to test the pink in the steaks that prolly does it.:P

Whatever the wife cooks up works for me... Weekends are hers. I cook M-F... excepting the odd "pizza nite" and take out from the best Thai restaurant I've ever eaten at (roughly every other Friday). Their Pork Pa Nang Curry is to die for...

Today: Osso buco... she started this batch off with beef shanks from a local, grass fed beef ranch/farm. House is already smelling unbelievable.

But if she's taking requests... it's her killer chili. Always has been great, even prize-winning but she started playing with her recipe a couple years ago by adding reconstituted dry chiles (better) and finally smokey paprika (BOOM!). The depth of favor leapt exponentially...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Whatever the wife cooks up works for me... Weekends are hers. I cook M-F... excepting the odd "pizza nite" and take out from the best Thai restaurant I've ever eaten at (roughly every other Friday). Their Pork Pa Nang Curry is to die for...

Today: Osso buco... she started this batch off with beef shanks from a local, grass fed beef ranch/farm. House is already smelling unbelievable.

But if she's taking requests... it's her killer chili. Always has been great, even prize-winning but she started playing with her recipe a couple years ago by adding reconstituted dry chiles (better) and finally smokey paprika (BOOM!). The depth of favor leapt exponentially...

I think it might be chili for us next weekend,  like winter has come early this year!  Osso buco, haven’t had that in a long time.

• Upvote 1

Briefly.....Ossobuco or osso buco is Italian for "bone with a hole" (osso bone, buco hole), a reference to the marrow hole at the centre of the cross-cut veal shank. In the local Western LombardMilanese dialect, this dish's name is oss bus.

There are two types of ossobuco: a modern version that has tomatoes and the original version which does not. The older version, ossobuco in bianco, is flavoured with cinnamon, bay leaf and gremolata. The modern and more popular recipe includes tomatoes, carrots, celery and onions; gremolata is optional. While veal is the traditional meat used for Ossobuco other meats such as pork may be used.

15 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

For this game I'm calling Antonios

WSS

Is that this place in Parms? I've heard about it before on this board.

https://www.antoniosparmatown.net/