THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Used to have to take US 301, which indeed did go thru many speed traps.

Most of which were ID'd in our handy AAA "TripTik"...

aaa-triptik.png

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

This is a dumb question, but mind you I've lived in NE Ohio my whole life, but where in the south does one boil peanuts? What do they taste like?

Ok, I spent a couple years in N Carolina. Boiled peanuts is a big time snack amongst the native Southerners. They have different flavors added to them. Come in jars and taste like beans. Soft and mushy. Haven't had em, seen em or missed them since I've been back.

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Most of which were ID'd in our handy AAA "TripTik"...

Then on the 8th day God invented the GPS and while he was at it the cell phone, tablet, Tom-Tom, self driving car.....wait that's too far now. Used to go to the AAA in Girard, Ohio  (next to the original Jib Jab which used to be an old Winkies) quite frequently. 

Does any gas station give out maps anymore? Or pump gas? Clean windshields?  Check anything? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now next week's championship  football weekend has to include a grill!  (Wife cooked hot dogs last night, the first no turkey meal.)

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If he is making Jimmy Buffet reference....isn't Margaritas for the purists. 

Last time I looked his most famous song was not "Wasting Away in Cold Draft Beerville:P

No. The reference to the Cheeseburger in Paradise is from the song of the same name. Margaritaville has nothing to do with a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. Also a big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.

The non-traditional, or frozen margarita, in the other song is being served with boiled shrimp.

WSS

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

No. The reference to the Cheeseburger in Paradise is from the song of the same name. Margaritaville has nothing to do with a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. Also a big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.

The non-traditional, or frozen margarita, in the other song is being served with boiled shrimp.

WSS

Ah...OK,  I guess I am mixing my beer with my Margaritas and my cheeseburgers with my shrimp.

Whatever...it still sounds like a party.

When you have had enough of either you can't tell which Jimmy Buffet song you are listening to.

On 11/26/2017 at 12:30 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

Ok, I spent a couple years in N Carolina. Boiled peanuts is a big time snack amongst the native Southerners. They have different flavors added to them. Come in jars and taste like beans. Soft and mushy. Haven't had em, seen em or missed them since I've been back.

been here now over 20 years.. Native:P (them'damn) Southerners will gift me at least 3 jars at Xmas season. Not a chance in hell am touching them things..OPEN INVITATION(dutch)--PM me your address, the 1st sucker gifted of olive oily pea green mushy beans is all yours.(not a drop of salt on none of them(it won't even stick to them itches).   Edit--I work on 301N outside of Wilson,NC..hell naw you don't speed nor even get into the passing lane in Wilson County..Buford T carries 3 guns..A Radar, A Tazzer & a 3" hole in your tire... fix a flat can't fix..Ya all drive careful now;)(this ain't no car wash)   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Yep, according to the song. But the margaritas are for the wife. And it does keep with the Buffet theme. 

Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Yes BEER for the manly men maybe with shots.......things that need shaken or stirred for the women.

Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Years ago when I was brewing beer, we decided to dump an ounce of pot into the boil with the hops. It didn't impart the best of flavor but still had a small but loyal following. The infamous X Beer. For these times and the gloomy games, I may need to recreate that beer. At least it made you smile.

... and then came the cheeseburgers... :)

On 11/28/2017 at 12:09 PM, Tour2ma said:

... and then came the cheeseburgers... :)

Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sause, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

Everything but the Hellmans, prefer Duke's.

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well after your description, I'm not sure I ever want to eat peanuts in ANY form anymore! :lol:

Not sure now what I want more - road trip to Girard for some chili/cheese/onion dogs and fries at Jib Jab or north 10 miles 

Save the 10 miles on gas ..Go with the 2 Dogs, hit the Mini Mart for scratch offs, Cold Beer & 1 large bag Peanut M&M's..By morning Let us know if Browns win the SB? 

On 11/29/2017 at 8:56 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Well after your description, I'm not sure I ever want to eat peanuts in ANY form anymore! :lol:

This thread never fails to make me hungry as hell... Not sure now what I want more - road trip to Girard for some chili/cheese/onion dogs and fries at Jib Jab or north 10 miles to Hodge's for a 1/2 burger in Barberton. Mmmm...

Sometimes nothing better than a hot dog! We had them Sunday evening on the grill, leftover in microwave Monday (cook the pack!).....the first real un-turkey meal.

This weekend, hmmmmm, good NCAA games maybe  Wedgewood Pizza , yeah sounds good even with NO delivery offered.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:55 AM, mjp28 said:

1)Oh yeah toking or not, steaks can be fine on the grill but don't overlook the classic cheeseburger with AMERICAN or other cheese, maybe a big slice of onion or tomato with mustard or my favorite Hellmans mayo, damn making be hungry.

2) We just had hot dogs on the grill Sunday night with chili sauce, diced onion, yellow mustard maybe some Tabasco sauce.......mmmmm.

1) hoorta's limited diet says cheeseburger, lettuce, pickle, X mayo. To this day, I can't stand mustard in any of it's forms. 

2) Sounds like you'd love world famous Tony Paco's in Toledo- ever been? If not, put it on your bucket list. I'm a plain dog on a grilled bun sort of guy...   

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

This weekend, hmmmmm, good NCAA games maybe  Wedgewood Pizza , yeah sounds good even with NO delivery offered.

If you know of anything other than Oklahoma and Ohio State games, post it.   Gotta continue scouting potential QBs.   

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I remember it.  Just another in a line of the best Pizza in the country, Parma.

Don't remember Pizza King, but brought back a memory of CiCi's on Ridge Road... pretty good stuff once upon a time.

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Speaking of pizza does anybody remember Pizza King by the Parma Town Mall?

WSS

Sorry guys...I am going to go a bit esoteric with Steve here.

No, but I remember Laconi's....long gone.  I remember we went there a few times   But I don't remember how good their pizza was.  Do you?

And what about Jeep and Joe's?  Any good do you recall? 

I do remember Franco's...downtown Wadsworth.  The worst....like eating cardboard.

And do you remember Trecaso's?  Wasn't the owner like a big horse's arse?  :lol: ( just a joke folks...Trecaso's ...now on Highland Square in Akron, is one of the best pizzas and the owner is a good friend of ours)