THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And they are excellent. A chain? Yeah I guess so but a local chain.

WSS

I don't think there are any Antonios in Trumbull or Mahoning county. I swear tho, Northeast Ohio must have more pizza shops per capita than the rest of the country. And so many are soooooooooo good! Another reason to be called The Best Location in the Nation!

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Is that this place in Parms? I've heard about it before on this board.

https://www.antoniosparmatown.net/

Also an Antonio's chain in Tejas...  Antonio's Flying Pizza http://www.antonios.com/

Pretty good stuff with locations all around Houston as far away as Galveston.

17 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Sometimes old skool is the best skool.  I did a bunch of wings on a hot grill then sauced em good with the traditional Frank's Red Hot mixed 50/50 with butter. Yay Buffalo!

OH YEAH Frank's used to be called Frank's Louisiana Red Hot years back.......we used to consume gallons of the stuff years back with pork rinds or chips playing pinball at the famous now gone JIMMIE'S INN in Niles, Ohio,  still have my bumper sticker. 

Great memories! 

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

OH YEAH Frank's used to be called Frank's Louisiana Red Hot years back.......we used to consume gallons of the stuff years back with pork rinds or chips playing pinball at the famous now gone JIMMIE'S INN in Niles, Ohio,  still have my bumper sticker. 

Great memories! 

That's a good way to lose weight too. Red Hot and pork rinds....good stuff.  7 mile inn had some good smelt that were good with the red hot too.

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

That's a good way to lose weight too. Red Hot and pork rinds....good stuff.  7 mile inn had some good smelt that were good with the red hot too.

OMG 7 mile inn.....haven’t heard that name in awhile

37 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I was recently down that way and see it's gone. Progress..lol

Yeah the hangouts from my youth, work and others - GONE:

JIMMIE'S INN, Niles, Tony's Hide away YSU, Bavarian House YSU, Victory Tavern Steel Street Youngstown and plenty others including the Strip in Niles. (used to be 19 bars on short Steel Street alone, wow, very few left)

Despite that there are still some good survivors in the Italian restaurants and pizza joints in the Youngstown/Warren area.......great for football meals!

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Sure does. I never had the red hot till I moved south of Cleveland. French onion dip is good on most anything. At one time I think it was Lawson's that had the best dip......waaaaay back

As h informed and then proved to me last year (by bringing me some to Florida)... it's still sold at Circle K's... and it's every bit as good as you remember.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

JIMMIE'S INN, Niles, Tony's Hide away YSU, Bavarian House YSU, Victory Tavern Steel Street Youngstown and plenty others including the Strip in Niles. (used to be 19 bars on short Steel Street alone, wow, very few left)

Despite that there are still some good survivors in the Italian restaurants and pizza joints in the Youngstown/Warren area.......great for football meals!

Well....Fat Albert's ain't around any more either.  (NOrton).  NOr the Machine Bar (Barberton)

Nor is Schroeder's  (Akron U)

Nor is the North Union Grist Mill bar...aka Humps  (near Shaker Sq)

And ask Steve about all the clubs he used to play around Akron/Cleveland.

14 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Sure does. I never had the red hot till I moved south of Cleveland. French onion dip is good on most anything. At one time I think it was Lawson's that had the best dip......waaaaay back

Oh yeah Lawson's from my youth a friend and I used to collect bottles by the road, on our bikes go to Lawson's and get the deposits buy two large RC Colas 13 cents each plus occasionally other goodies nearly every summer night.

And Lawson's chip chop ham (like Isaly's) Wisconsin brick cheese oh yeah, the -BIG- bags of chips for great midnight snacks.......ummmm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah Lawson's from my youth a friend and I used to collect bottles by the road, on our bikes go to Lawson's and get the deposits buy two large RC Colas 13 cents each plus occasionally other goodies nearly every summer night.

And Lawson's chip chop ham (like Isaly's) Wisconsin brick cheese oh yeah, the -BIG- bags of chips for great midnight snacks.......ummmm.

Don't forget the Sunday beer. 99cents and a friend's draft card was all it took for a six pack at 16. Redcap!...lol

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

As h informed and then proved to me last year (by bringing me some to Florida)... it's still sold at Circle K's... and it's every bit as good as you remember.

I never thought to check circle k for dip. I only stop there for gas. Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna check in a little bit here.

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Go to the little grocery store in Mecca. They have a deli and sell pizza there. It's friggin great. A couple of Amish women do the baking there.  Nuff said

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Lawson's brings back great memories. I don't see it in the stores very often.

I can't tell much difference between the rest, usually heluva good..

WSS

Some of the stuff from local dairy's is pretty good. It doesn't have the preservatives that the national brands do. Deans is real good here. Smith's too.

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Take and stir in a tablespoon of dill weed into some french onion dip. Chill it overnight. Makes for a very tasty variation.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I was really surprised that Lawsons are in Japan (still there):  I used to eat Obento (lunch box) from them quite often.

Image result for lawson's in Japan pics

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And it has occurred to me that if, in fact, one man sleeps while the other man drives, that it should be a relatively easy task to get some orange juice from Florida to Ohio in less than 40 hours.

B)

WSS

This was in the 1960s,   Remember, the likes of i-75 and I-77 were not completed...or perhaps even started then.  They had to drive through the hills and mountains of Georgia/Tennesse/Kentucky/Virginia/West Virg.  on back highways like US 21.  And those were some nasty roads through there in those days.

I know that I-77 anyway was not complete through WVa. until about the late 80s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was just going to say that Heluva Good is a good fill-in for Lawson's.

Smith's French Onion dip, sold in certain gas stations? Virtually tasteless.

My wife knows shopping and deals and makes the rounds of local stores like Marcs and Aldis which has their store brand for dip, pickles, etc. HEAVENLY FARMS (from memory) quite good and a decent price. Try it!

So what’s on the menu today? Oh let me guess :lol:

Well is anyone NOT having turkey today? Anyone working? (In 11 years of working in Mill maintenance I missed many holidays.)

58 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

So what’s on the menu today? Oh let me guess :lol:

Well is anyone NOT having turkey today? Anyone working? (In 11 years of working in Mill maintenance I missed many holidays.)

We aren't. Lots of different family things going on and nobody can all get their shitt together to have Thanksgiving at one place. So her family will have Thanksgiving on Friday I will go to a movie and down to Carrollton for the last Coley's reunion, and later, and catch up with them sometime in the afternoon.

http://www.coleystag.com/

Traditionally on Thanksgiving Day we go to buca de Peppo in Strongsville.

They purchased a Char-Broil smoker roaster Tru infrared device at are going to roll the dice cooking the turkey in that.

WSS

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

We aren't. Lots of different family things going on and nobody can all get their shitt together to have Thanksgiving at one place. So her family will have Thanksgiving on Friday I will go to a movie and down to Carrollton for the last Coley's reunion, and later, and catch up with them sometime in the afternoon.

http://www.coleystag.com/

Traditionally on Thanksgiving Day we go to buca de Peppo in Strongsville.

They purchased a Char-Broil smoker roaster Tru infrared device at are going to roll the dice cooking the turkey in that.

WSS

Wow how cool is that? Nice.