Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Wentz Goff and Mariotta


Tacosman
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

in qbr.  

Both playing well, but is top 3 really that good?  

Still wouldn't trade Corey Coleman or Peppers for either.  No doubt the eagles or texans will call soon trying to pry Coleman from us(especially when that hand is healthy!!) in exchange for their qbs, but

Coleman has been such  a gamebreaker that I would never give him up for Wentz even.  

Carson wentz doesnt even have the potential to be a top 20 qb in this league our front office has assured us, whereas Corey Coleman is revolutionizing the game and defenses in our conference are being overhauled to deal with him.  Remember when Lawrence Taylor came into the nfl and changed the way offensive coordinators had to gameplan?  Coleman is going to force dc'S to do the same thing.  Fortunately the only secondary guy who can really match up with Coleman the game changer plays for us....Peppers!!  So it's only natural that if teams cant pry Corey from us, they'll try to get peppers so they can at least hope to stop Corey over top!  Teams see Peppers playing so well 40 yards behind the LOS, and they know thats what it is going to take to contain CC!!  

Sashi and Depo arent fools...they hit the jackpot with these two and they arent about to give either up for a 6'4 rocket armed qb making great strides for the team with team with the league's best record.  Philly is going to pay for that trade for a long time.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

you are right- we need to avoid acquiring good players because they are all going to suck here because they don't have as good of players around them.....that solves that problem.  

Or, we stop going "look at what this QB is doing!!!" as if he'd be doing the same thing here. Maybe we recognize our roster had a lot of holes and that we're better off attempting to fill those before throwing some super high pick rookie QB in there to get killed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Or, we stop going "look at what this QB is doing!!!" as if he'd be doing the same thing here. Maybe we recognize our roster had a lot of holes and that we're better off attempting to fill those before throwing some super high pick rookie QB in there to get killed

who is doing that?  I'm not.  I'm not saying "carson wentz would definately have 19 tds now and be a top rated qb if he were here on this browns team".  You are imaging things if you believe that.

What I am saying is that Wentz is playing well.  very well.  And playing well is playing well.  Would his numbers and win total be exactly the same here as there?  Of course not...thats true for any situation.  But we need players who play well....period.  And you're in this "oh he wouldnt do that here because...." mindset.  

Also, have you actually looked at the eagles and texans offensive side of the ball?  The texans for one would LOVE to have our offensive line.  Compare those two units.....And the eagles have a potpourri of pass catchers/recievers....wentx throws to a million different unheralded targets for the most part.  You are seriously overestimating the offensive talent on those teams, and like I said the texans and watson would love to trade offensive lines.

you act like these players were plugged into ideal offensive situations.  They werent.  At all.  In the case of the texans, the exact opposite in fact wrt offensive line

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

who is doing that?  I'm not.  I'm not saying "carson wentz would definately have 19 tds now and be a top rated qb if he were here on this browns team".  You are imaging things if you believe that.

What I am saying is that Wentz is playing well.  very well.  And playing well is playing well.  Would his numbers and win total be exactly the same here as there?  Of course not...thats true for any situation.  But we need players who play well....period.  And you're in this "oh he wouldnt do that here because...." mindset.  

Also, have you actually looked at the eagles and texans offensive side of the ball?  The texans for one would LOVE to have our offensive line.  Compare those two units.....And the eagles have a potpourri of pass catchers/recievers....wentx throws to a million different unheralded targets for the most part.  You are seriously overestimating the offensive talent on those teams, and like I said the texans and watson would love to trade offensive lines.

you act like these players were plugged into ideal offensive situations.  They werent.  At all.  In the case of the texans, the exact opposite in fact wrt offensive line

Exactly. 

Watson = most nfl ready rookie qb. Kizer = least ready to start. So who do we pick and start?  Bingo. 

This has been covered by the all the draft videos.  Game tape,  intangibles,  leadership,  stats,  etc. All in favor of watson over Kizer except arm strength on a team that desperately needs all those qualities. 

In a nutshell,  that's a big part of why they're a train wreck.  

Screenshot_2017-10-28-22-58-03.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Let's never draft any top qb, wr or rb then.  That's a great plan since they're gonna suck here anyways. Everyone knows you turn things  around and change the locker room culture by sticking with 3rd string qbs in the draft.  

 

 

 

 

Argument is probably not your thing.

16 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

who is doing that?  I'm not.  I'm not saying "carson wentz would definately have 19 tds now and be a top rated qb if he were here on this browns team".  You are imaging things if you believe that.

What I am saying is that Wentz is playing well.  very well.  And playing well is playing well.  Would his numbers and win total be exactly the same here as there?  Of course not...thats true for any situation.  But we need players who play well....period.  And you're in this "oh he wouldnt do that here because...." mindset.  

Also, have you actually looked at the eagles and texans offensive side of the ball?  The texans for one would LOVE to have our offensive line.  Compare those two units.....And the eagles have a potpourri of pass catchers/recievers....wentx throws to a million different unheralded targets for the most part.  You are seriously overestimating the offensive talent on those teams, and like I said the texans and watson would love to trade offensive lines.

you act like these players were plugged into ideal offensive situations.  They werent.  At all.  In the case of the texans, the exact opposite in fact wrt offensive line

We'd have run Wentz outta town on a rail by now. Watson would be following him shortly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

You build a team for the QB first, then get the QB.

this kind of thinking doesnt make any sense, and it DOESNT EVEN APPLY HERE because we are going to take a qb with this next high pick and we sure as hell havent built anything for the qb yet.  We're going to take Darnold or some other qb with our first pick in 5 months or whatever and thats fine....but we havent put anything around him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

 

in qbr.  

Both playing well, but is top 3 really that good?  

Still wouldn't trade Corey Coleman or Peppers for either.  No doubt the eagles or texans will call soon trying to pry Coleman from us(especially when that hand is healthy!!) in exchange for their qbs, but

Coleman has been such  a gamebreaker that I would never give him up for Wentz even.  

Carson wentz doesnt even have the potential to be a top 20 qb in this league our front office has assured us, whereas Corey Coleman is revolutionizing the game and defenses in our conference are being overhauled to deal with him.  Remember when Lawrence Taylor came into the nfl and changed the way offensive coordinators had to gameplan?  Coleman is going to force dc'S to do the same thing.  Fortunately the only secondary guy who can really match up with Coleman the game changer plays for us....Peppers!!  So it's only natural that if teams cant pry Corey from us, they'll try to get peppers so they can at least hope to stop Corey over top!  Teams see Peppers playing so well 40 yards behind the LOS, and they know thats what it is going to take to contain CC!!  

Sashi and Depo arent fools...they hit the jackpot with these two and they arent about to give either up for a 6'4 rocket armed qb making great strides for the team with team with the league's best record.  Philly is going to pay for that trade for a long time.

I had to edit it to put the obligatory sarcasm in PINK. Suckin' for Sam... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Exactly. 

Watson = most nfl ready rookie qb. Kizer = least ready to start. So who do we pick and start?  Bingo. 

This has been covered by the all the draft videos.  Game tape,  intangibles,  leadership,  stats,  etc. All in favor of watson over Kizer except arm strength on a team that desperately needs all those qualities. 

In a nutshell,  that's a big part of why they're a train wreck.  

Screenshot_2017-10-28-22-58-03.png

I still can’t believe the Browns didn’t draft RG3 either!!! Those bums had him in their reach and they let the stinkin’ redskins outbid them. when will the Browns learn their lesson and use multiple first round picks on an undersized running quarterback with an over/under of 2.5 years as an NFL player. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Neither Wentz nor Watson is undersized.  Neither one is a run first qb. Apples to oranges comparison. Both were national champions too. 

2.  RGIII was awesome his rookie yr. If we had any qb that could win offensive roty, and we made the playoffs,   we'd be so happy we wouldn't even know what to do. 

3. RGIII was still better his 1st year than any qb we've had in ages.  Maybe in a different scheme he wouldn't have been injured. 

They still haven't used a #1 pick on a qb since Tim couch.  It's always end of 1st round or later. 

Yeah instead of rg3,  they got Richardson and weeden.  Two awesome picks again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tacosman said:

this kind of thinking doesnt make any sense, and it DOESNT EVEN APPLY HERE because we are going to take a qb with this next high pick and we sure as hell havent built anything for the qb yet.  We're going to take Darnold or some other qb with our first pick in 5 months or whatever and thats fine....but we havent put anything around him.

... It "doesn't apply here" because you know what the browns are going to do in 6 months?

Oh, then we better not waste our time with any threads about the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no doubt that either QB wouldn't be doing AS GOOD with us, but I also have no doubt that they'd make our team INFINITELY better and we'd be able to construct a team around them.  There's obviously no way to know this, but it's just how I feel.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I have no doubt that either QB wouldn't be doing AS GOOD with us, but I also have no doubt that they'd make our team INFINITELY better and we'd be able to construct a team around them.  There's obviously no way to know this, but it's just how I feel.  

Right, absolutely! You take a top rated QB and build a team around him. Anything else is anal

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Right, absolutely! You take a top rated QB and build a team around him. Anything else is anal

 

At this point we are right there waiting for a QB, a real WR and a FS away from being competitive every week. It's not really that far. And I think Darnold can be convinced to come out early. He has the most upside of anyone I have seen this year. If he had been in this week instead of Kizer, we would have won that game. Give him some real targets and we're in business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

RG3 isn't a "run first" QB...

I didn't say he was,  but his slender frame was a concern for lots of people in the draft. I think people had similar concerns about Goff. 

We'll see how it plays out.

Interesting that the can't miss pick from that draft (Andrew Luck) also can't stay on the field.  He's been battered cuz they have no OL. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...