THE BROWNS BOARD

Wentz Goff and Mariotta

Tacosman

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I don't see Eli being around long enough to be a good choice, but he certainly could put them over the top for a season.

Well, that is all they would really want him for. Bring in Eli, get a young new QB...and play Eli until he is no longer productive...or until the young QB is ready...which could be a couple of years. In the mean time....they would believe they have a potential championship contender.

The Cousins $$$ competition looks like it'll be ridiculous... even with a likely reduced interest in SF. Smith's trade value is also likely to rise, but could still be "reasonable" given his age and KC potential interest in moving him.

Salary cap... I wrote about this a month ago when I raised his name for us.

I don't know why his salary would be an issue for them next year under the cap....if he is already under contract.  Did you say he was or was not going to be a FA after this year? Even there, how much is Alex Smith going to command?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

But Brady is Brady... and Eli is not...

Granted....and great use of Chevy Chase by you.   I still think he'd be a decent enough fill in for a few years for a team like Jacksonville.   If I was in the FO of the Jags I would recognize that QB is holding back the team and I would do whatever I had to do to fix that.  Eli, Alex Smith, Cousins, Phil Rivers any would make them near the top of the AFC over night.

Agree, Mark... just a little less in Eli's case.... and now Rivers since you added him. Smith and Cousins are in their primes. Eli and Phillip... on the backside of theirs.

Archived