Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Houston - our 2nd first round pick


Orion
 Share

Recommended Posts

What Texans have left sitting at 3-5. @Rams/Zona/@Ravens/@Tenn./49ers/@Jags/Pitt./@Colts--  49ers & Browns 0 Wins..NYG 1 win(Bye coach McGoo)..TB 2 Wins..Bears,Denver,Bengals & Houston with 3 Wins..To early to tell but Denver needs a QB or play P.Lynch(or a coach, Vance Joseph is Huejax 2.0 with more talent,that's gotta watch the game tape, Man they miss Wade Phillips). A large pending on Jimmy G in San Fran? Zona/Jets must move on at a QB? Is Eli or McCarron on the Move? In TB, is Jamius Winstead failing? Start spreading the news.. but Browns gotta take your QB with top pick.even at a little reach.plenty of time for Who.but just stay injury free for now. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

What Texans have left sitting at 3-5. @Rams/Zona/@Ravens/@Tenn./49ers/@Jags/Pitt./@Colts--  49ers & Browns 0 Wins..NYG 1 win(Bye coach McGoo)..TB 2 Wins..Bears,Denver,Bengals & Houston with 3 Wins..To early to tell but Denver needs a QB or play P.Lynch(or a coach, Vance Joseph is Huejax 2.0 with more talent,that's gotta watch the game tape, Man they miss Wade Phillips). A large pending on Jimmy G in San Fran? Zona/Jets must move on at a QB? Is Eli or McCarron on the Move? In TB, is Jamius Winstead failing? Start spreading the news.. but Browns gotta take your QB with top pick.even at a little reach.plenty of time for Who.but just stay injury free for now. 

I'll be absolutely fine if the Texans go 3-5 in the second half for a 6-10 record. I was hoping at best for them to finish around .500 and not make the playoffs, so 6-10 would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dutch I had 2 chuckle's today..1. My hope's were maybe our Defense could grow-up into something like Jaguars D someday..maybe? but were not close yet.(sure would like to know what Ramsey said to AJ Green?) .2. Flip to Colts Defense on final drive & who's making plays for da Colts? Sheard,Mingo & Pierre Desir...It's a never ending Cycle even on our Bye!! Week:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Orion said:

So they lost to Indy today and are currently around pick #9.

Of course we have NO IDEA who will be doing the drafting.....perhaps Dee.

I'm sure Dee will be more than happy to give each a jock inspection, personally...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Orion said:

So they lost to Indy today and are currently around pick #9.

Of course we have NO IDEA who will be doing the drafting.....perhaps Dee.

it does seem like(especially with wentz playing so well) as the season goes on the vibe seems to be more and more pointing to the FO and HC getting the heave ho.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

it does seem like(especially with wentz playing so well) as the season goes on the vibe seems to be more and more pointing to the FO and HC getting the heave ho.....

Anything could happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He probably would if the offer was right. It's our strategy. If we could get another 1st rounder the following year AND not drop back TOO far, it COULD be an OK move. But people like me don't want to trade down at all. I'm just tired of it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2017 at 4:47 PM, Orion said:

Of course we have NO IDEA who will be doing the drafting.....perhaps Dee.

Must have a mouse in your pocket... cause I know.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:59 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I'll be absolutely fine if the Texans go 3-5 in the second half for a 6-10 record. I was hoping at best for them to finish around .500 and not make the playoffs, so 6-10 would be great.

3 wins looks like the upper bound to me. O is a Sheet show now and D while still good is hurting badly. Of their missing only Cushing is expected back.

So just when they need to reemphasize the run, something they can do behind Miller and Foreman, their D can't keep them in games to allow the to run.

On 11/6/2017 at 5:53 AM, jiggins7919 said:

He probably would if the offer was right. It's our strategy. If we could get another 1st rounder the following year AND not drop back TOO far, it COULD be an OK move. But people like me don't want to trade down at all. I'm just tired of it. 

Agree... but it really depends on their player evaluations. If they see their guy, no one will be able to pry him away... just as no one could pry Luck out of Indy's hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Yeah best player available wither the second pick imo. Everyone is leaning receiver but idk about that.

In a perfect world, I'd love a receiver to go with the QB taken with the first pick.

But don't force it. If there's someone else sitting there that is a superior talent, take him. There's holes all over the roster.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

In a perfect world, I'd love a receiver to go with the QB taken with the first pick.

But don't force it. If there's someone else sitting there that is a superior talent, take him. There's holes all over the roster.

If we want a KO/PR/WR then take Kirk, but if we want a pure WR Ridley's the man IMO.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alkid3 said:

Yeah best player available wither the second pick imo. Everyone is leaning receiver but idk about that. and

If we use our first 1st and the HOU 1st is a top ten pick, then I will not be surprised to see another twofer deal, as in a 2018 + 2019 1st-rounder, go down...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I wouldn't be surprised either if sashi traded down again.

Well, if you already have drafted your QB, and there is a good offer for your pick while you don't get to lose the player in the top of your list... I'd trade down, even if that keeps fans desperate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/11/2017 at 6:13 PM, Tacosman said:

One downside of Houston continuing to lose and look like crap on offense is that it just sort of reinforces how badly we messed up by not selecting watson

Well, we can agree that he looked great on the field. But also, no one can guarantee that a player who has already had ankle* problems will not have more in the future. Judging if we did well or not drafting him by only 4 games it's quite hasty. If he gets injured every season I guess we won't miss him that much. 

It's not the same as comparising passing on Wentz. 

EDIT: knee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Well, we can agree that he looked great on the field. But also, no one can guarantee that a player who has already had ankle problems will not have more in the future. Judging if we did well or not drafting him by only 4 games it's quite hasty. If he gets injured every season I guess we won't miss him that much.

Careful there Nero. You're now flirting with Garrett territory on the ankles thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Careful there Nero. You're now flirting with Garrett territory on the ankles thing.

Of course. Garrett showed some promise but if he keeps having ankle problems, he won't be a good draft choice. BUT, everyone would have chosen him, and you cannot guess that kind of things. Drafts can be evaluated after some years have passed, but I understand that meanwhile opinions can be throught out there too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Houston is going to get a freaking win this weekend and it's so annoying.  They're playing the Cardinals who obviously don't have Carson Palmer, and NOW it appears they won't have their backup either (Stanton).  I literally have no clue who will be playing QB for them, but suffice to say that they probably won't be winning a game in Houston this weekend.  I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.  Houston defense will show up and I'd be completely surprised if the Texans don't win like 16-3 in a total snooze-fest.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

Of course. Garrett showed some promise but if he keeps having ankle problems, he won't be a good draft choice. BUT, everyone would have chosen him, and you cannot guess that kind of thing. Drafts can be evaluated after some years have passed, but I understand that meanwhile opinions can be thrown out there too. 

As the people of Spain were nice enough to correct my flaws in Spanish, I now return the favor. FIFY:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As the people of Spain were nice enough to correct my flaws in Spanish, I now return the favor. FIFY:D

things and thrown were the corrections? if you don't mark them it is difficult for me to see them! Thanks, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...