THE BROWNS BOARD

Sounds, uh, great.

Westside Steve

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/11/5/16610092/who-is-jw-johnson-jason-la-canfora-says-hell-play-a-key-role-in-the-browns-reshuffling

I'm guessing David Modell or Randy Lerner aren't good enough examples of nepotism.

Spaulding Smails?

WSS

if he brings some people in who know what they are doing, thats a plus

With Haslam selling out essentially to Warren Buffet, it is no surprise that the family may become more involved.....considering that the Browns WILL now basically be that family's business.

So...perhaps think of it this way:   The Haslam's are like the Rooney family.   The older generation didn't do so well with that team......for 40 years they sucked under Art Rooney....but then the younger generation...Dan Rooney...took over...and they became a dynasty. 

(and yes...I am sure you can find examples of where the younger generation has come along and been as bad or worse as the older generation....can you say 4 generations of Bidwill's with the Cards).    But....there is some chance.

SWEET!! Just 40 more years and we'll finally have the dominate team I always hoped for..... and just in time for my 90th birthday too! 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

SWEET!! Just 40 more years and we'll finally have the dominate team I always hoped for..... and just in time for my 90th birthday too! 

Well don't get your hopes up he's not exactly Jimmy's offspring, like Rooney, he's just banging Jimmy's hillbilly daughter that helped him run some truck stops.

WSS

7 hours ago, wargograw said:

You mean firing everyone isn't the silver bullet our fans think it is?

That is true, it isn't.  But, in the case of the Browns FO....I think we are dealing with an empty cartridge.  Or, at least the fact that the bullets they are all shooting seem to be blanks.

JImmy is not only sic'ing JW Johnson on the Browns................... but also JG Wentworth..............

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

Yes it is. And whoever we hire if we fire this regime will be NOT GOOD.

That's what most Rams fans here in SoCal pissed and moaned about this past off season after they hired Sean McVay.

As I've said multiple times...... Great coaches are not great coaches until they're great coaches. As well as...... We don't have to hire a coach that everyone has heard of - I see you there Sean McVay and Doug Pederson, we simply have to hire the right coach. 

Can Hue still be that right coach? I'm saying yes - possibly, maybe... if he's willing to hire an OC and give him complete and total control of the offense...... but can or will he? 

As with sharpshooting anything ever.. I wish more people both on this forum and apparently in Berea worked to the following slogan: Don't oppose, propose.

This means that simply saying "That's wrong rawr!" isn't enough.. if you want to assert something's wrong, you must propose and defend your personal alternative.

I don't know why LaCanfora has a job when every article he writes appears to be gaslighting .. this move [if true] would be entirely ridiculous

10 minutes ago, D Bone said:

That's what most Rams fans here in SoCal pissed and moaned about this past off season after they hired Sean McVay.

As I've said multiple times...... Great coaches are not great coaches until they're great coaches. As well as...... We don't have to hire a coach that everyone has heard of - I see you there Sean McVay and Doug Pederson, we simply have to hire the right coach. 

Can Hue still be that right coach? I'm saying yes - possibly, maybe... if he's willing to hire an OC and give him complete and total control of the offense...... but can or will he? 

Completely on point bro. Hue might just not be the right coach for us. He might not be right for "moneyball" or "sashi's process". It's ignorant to think 1-23 is the best record we could possible have. Hell, if you or I coached the team, we'd only be one game worse in the worst case scenario :lol:. Jeff Fisher was a smart guy. The Rams are killing it this year now that they got rid of him. The Rams were 4-12 and he was shitcanned. You have to produce in the NFL to keep your job, except on the Cleveland Browns. I'm hoping we have the right guys in the office now, but i'm definitely not positive about that.

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

I hear ya, there’s just no comparison between the two situations. The Rams have been and are loaded. 

56 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

The Rams were 4-12 last year

Apparently a loaded 4-12.   Casey Kasem started a lot of games for them and when Goff started at the end of the season he looked as lost as any rookie QB ever has.   The turn around has nothing to do with a whole new coaching staff allegedly.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

They are also bringing in JD Powers and Associates

And the JD Stamps Quartet!

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Apparently a loaded 4-12.   Casey Kasem started a lot of games for them and when Goff started at the end of the season he looked as lost as any rookie QB ever has.   The turn around has nothing to do with a whole new coaching staff allegedly.

Definitely not. And the Browns couldn't possibly find a better coach than Hue.

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yes, they were a loaded 4-12. You probably attribute the Cowboys turnaround from 2015 to 16 to the fact that they hired a new ball boy or something too. 

8 hours ago, stillmotion said:

The Rams were 4-12 last year

Yeah, they had bad coaches. That was clearly evident because their team showed its talent despite the record. My point is and has been that you have no idea how good or bad our coaches are because we don't yet have experienced talent. 

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

My point is and has been that you have no idea how good or bad our coaches are because we don't yet have experienced talent. 

weak argument. we've lost 4 games by the number 12 combined. Herm Edwards said that, you know, one of the guys you said doesn't do "research" on the Browns or understand Sashi's brilliant equation of a process. I guess Sashi is too smart and more of a football guy than Herm is. If Hue was a better coach, we would've won at least one of those four games.

Only a weak coach would lose ALL of them

Archived