THE BROWNS BOARD

Can we just do this?

Westside Steve

15 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

In my opinion, Barkley is the most talented player coming out of the draft. Sashi said he didn't want to reach for a QB, and I currently believe at this moment, Rosen, D'Arnold, Allen, Jackson or any other QB would be a reach at #1 

Hopefully the signing of Cousins makes taking yet another QB in the 1st round a non factor......  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from what was possibly the easiest kick return of his life against one of the worst special teams units in the country, what way did Barkley "explode" against the Bucks?!   Was it the whopping 2.1ypc?!  Holy Sheet, that's elite!

Also, Shmuck fan pressure and most of our fans.  I watched the lot cheer for the Johnny pick.   If you yield to fan pressure in the draft on questionable players while 99% of NFL fans have zero idea what they're talking about, then this FO needs to be tossed for other reasons. 

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Aside from what was possibly the easiest kick return of his life against one of the worst special teams units in the country, what way did Barkley "explode" against the Bucks?!   Was it the whopping 2.1ypc?!  Holy Sheet, that's elite!

Also, Shmuck fan pressure and most of our fans.  I watched the lot cheer for the Johnny pick.   If you yield to fan pressure in the draft on questionable players while 99% of NFL fans have zero idea what they're talking about, then this FO needs to be tossed for other reasons. 

who do you want to pick then einstein. i wanted jimmy g, not johnny. haslam is the one who wanted johnny, the fans didn't beg him to pick him. quit comparing people from this years draft to people of the past. every player has a different story, and that's Sheet logic.

2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

who do you want to pick then einstein. i wanted jimmy g, not johnny. haslam is the one who wanted johnny, the fans didn't beg him to pick him. quit comparing people from this years draft to people of the past. every player has a different story, and that's Sheet logic.

Oh, no.  You want 'X' player.   If you're the one offering up suggestions, I'm well and right to say hell no without offering my own.  Because one of us realizes how early it is in the process and that this might be a pretty weak draft. 

Also, comparing players is called a benchmark and usually a damn good idea.  Helps give a feel for seeing how certain playing styles can mesh and translate to the NFL.

Just FYI, my logic is sound. Yours is horseshit.  "He's a leader rarrrarrrr"...    you've got to be kidding. 

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Drew Brees will also be a FA. He would be a great bridge to a new draftee and win us games in the process so everyone could keep their jobs.

I don't see him ever leaving New Orleans, plus he's pretty old. 

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Drew Brees will also be a FA. He would be a great bridge to a new draftee and win us games in the process so everyone could keep their jobs.

Well, he's having 24 millions in a single year contract, and is difficult to cut an established player's salary, so I don't see this FO building that bridge, and I doubt Drew would consider it. At his age you just play for the ring.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh, no.  You want 'X' player.   If you're the one offering up suggestions, I'm well and right to say hell no without offering my own.  Because one of us realizes how early it is in the process and that this might be a pretty weak draft. 

Also, comparing players is called a benchmark and usually a damn good idea.  Helps give a feel for seeing how certain playing styles can mesh and translate to the NFL.

Just FYI, my logic is sound. Yours is horseshit.  "He's a leader rarrrarrrr"...    you've got to be kidding. 

He's front in the race for the heisman, is demolishing everyone, and looking like an NFL ready quarterback. Your opinion is so weak you don't even have anyone you like in the draft or an argument on why we should draft them. Yeah, it's so early in the process we should give Sashi and Hue another ten years to pick a quarterback.

5 hours ago, stillmotion said:

He's front in the race for the heisman, is demolishing everyone, and looking like an NFL ready quarterback. Your opinion is so weak you don't even have anyone you like in the draft or an argument on why we should draft them. Yeah, it's so early in the process we should give Sashi and Hue another ten years to pick a quarterback.

Still haven't seen you post a single trait that makes Baker NFL ready other than you saying "HEISMAN!!!!!".

I'd still like you to show me evidence of reads or do you even watch the prospects you talk about?  Because right now I'm leaning towards the latter.   

14 hours ago, stillmotion said:

In my opinion, Barkley is the most talented player coming out of the draft. Sashi said he didn't want to reach for a QB, and I currently believe at this moment, Rosen, D'Arnold, Allen, Jackson or any other QB would be a reach at #1 

Barkley's terrible. You've yet to refute his terrible running stats against good (and some bad) teams.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Barkley's terrible. You've yet to refute his terrible running stats against good (and some bad) teams.

Most teams stack the box against him to try and shut him down. He's a player coming out of the draft I like, and I think he can run as well as anything. Stats aren't the bible, and he has a 5.7 ypc average this year.

20 hours ago, Mark O said:

Would you consider an Alex Smith if we can't sign Cousins?

Personally I don't really like either one.

I don't know that they would but if the Jets go quarterback with their first pick and cut Josh McCown I would pick him up. We should have kept him in the first place and let him tutor a top rated quarterback. That will be the job of the veteran no matter who we get. I have no idea why people are so enamored with Kirk Cousins.

WSS

I don't want Barkley with the #1 or 2 overall pick, but to say he's horrible is hilarious. He's very talented as a runner, receiver and returner, and teams are selling out completely to stop him, just daring McSorley to beat them.

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't want Barkley with the #1 or 2 overall pick, but to say he's horrible is hilarious. He's very talented as a runner, receiver and returner, and teams are selling out completely to stop him, just daring McSorley to beat them.

Another reason why it is so hard to tag NCAA QBs for how they really will do in the tough NFL game, except for the true once in 20 year can't miss franchise guys (Marino-like and he was passed over) it's a rather fun experiment in crap shooting  (remember Ryan Leaf among others?).

Oh the next 5 months will be interesting with our Brownies having the inside track for anyone they want.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Another reason why it is so hard to tag NCAA QBs for how they really will do in the tough NFL game, except for the true once in 20 year can't miss franchise guys (Marino-like and he was passed over) it's a rather fun experiment in crap shooting  (remember Ryan Leaf among others?).

Oh the next 5 months will be interesting with our Brownies having the inside track for anyone they want.

The upcoming draft talk this offseason on here is going to be insane. Tempers will flare. :lol:

prob is we get all this ammo for drafting #1s but those #1s aren't Sheet compared to the #1s we passed on in past 2-3 years.

a wentz or goff in this draft? hardly. RB? yeah great. PFFFTT! 

time to start drafting OL and safeties..............again.

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The upcoming draft talk this offseason on here is going to be insane. Tempers will flare. :lol:

Is it a given the BROWNS will pick a QB with their #1 pick or maybe wait for a lower pick to get a QB? FROM SI, top 10?

1. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
2. Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
3. Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
4. Bradley Chubb, EDGE, N.C. State
5. Sam Darnold, QB, USC
6. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
7. Derwin James, S, Florida State
8. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
9. Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
10. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

4 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

prob is we get all this ammo for drafting #1s but those #1s aren't Sheet compared to the #1s we passed on in past 2-3 years.

Draft talk always changes from september to draft day, so maybe some of the terrible players coming this year in April are going to be considered future Pro Bowlers.

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

Jared Goff isn't anything special. Carson Wentz turned out to be pretty good but seriously who here had doubts about him? Problem with DeShone Kizer is that nobody thought he was the first or second even the third best quarterback in the draft.

If the team wakes up and we win 3 or 4 games the question will be mood this year anyway.

WSS

3 hours ago, miktoxic said:

This may indeed be true....and I had said so last year when everyone was saying "the 2017 class of QBs sucks compared to what the 2018 class will be".

Well....not so fast my friend.  Does anyone really thing....as had been predicted by some....that the 2018 class could rival  1983 or 2004 for QBs?

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

This may indeed be true....and I had said so last year when everyone was saying "the 2017 class of QBs sucks compared to what the 2018 class will be".

Well....not so fast my friend.  Does anyone really thing....as had been predicted by some....that the 2018 class could rival  1983 or 2004 for QBs?

They are all tanking to avoid Cleveland in the draft. Idiot Mayfield did not get the memo.:lol:

Archived