THE BROWNS BOARD

You Decide Week 10

PoeticG

You Decide.  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Quarterback should be the starter this week verses the lions?

• DeShone Kizer
    • Kevin Hogan
    • Cody Kessler
  2. 2. Do you think that the Browns will go 4-4 or better this second half of the year?

• Yes
    • No

This week we are back healthy and ready to go and get a victory. Who starts at QB now that Hogan's ribs have healed?

Kizer is struggling with passes beyond 5 yards and he also has thrown for one less TD than Hogan has. 

With the WR group about to go super sayian I think it's best if we get Hogan going early. I feel that by week 13 the plug will have been pulled from Kizer anyway so we might as well start getting Hogan warmed up and ready to blow the top off the Chargers! 

I hope we could get 4 W, but in the other thread I analyzed the rest of the schedule and being optimist I got 5-6 winnable games, which is already a huge leap. 

Winning 66% of those? I don't believe it if there isn't a major turnaround of events. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

This week we are back healthy and ready to go and get a victory. Who starts at QB now that Hogan's ribs have healed?

Kizer is struggling with passes beyond 5 yards and he also has thrown for one less TD than Hogan has. 

With the WR group about to go super sayian I think it's best if we get Hogan going early. I feel that by week 13 the plug will have been pulled from Kizer anyway so we might as well start getting Hogan warmed up and ready to blow the top off the Chargers! 

Po, with the aborted trade for McCarron, Kizer's plug has already been pulled. But you know- Deshone has that great arm and all.....

Gordon & Coleman might win us a game or two....  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gordon & Coleman might win us a game or two....  

Which is why the last 5 games are the ones to really gauge by. Next 3 not so much other than seeing how the D functions. Not sure how many with limited practice will play this week.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-vs-Lions-injury-report---118/2ae6efe4-7153-4010-afec-76edeeffdd54

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Which is why the last 5 games are the ones to really gauge by. Next 3 not so much other than seeing how the D functions. Not sure how many with limited practice will play this week.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-vs-Lions-injury-report---118/2ae6efe4-7153-4010-afec-76edeeffdd54

I don't expect much from these next two games. 

And having most of the secondary on the injury report doesn't help me with this Sunday's game.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Like last season, I'll be happy with 1 win at this point, just so the Browns don't go down in infamy.

Will be interesting to see Gordon and Coleman back on the field, though.

Oh yeah flash Gordon back :lol: well it will give the announcers and sports world something else to discuss about Cleveland Browns football besides the QB Derby, 0-fer ever and who they will pick again.

America is this a great country or what! 

It is ignorant to keep asking who should start at QB for this team...for a variety of reasons:  A. A revolving door at QB is a sure fire way to have a team totally have no consistency.  B. It don't matter which of these suckotash QB starts and C. Because it is just ignorant.

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is ignorant to keep asking who should start at QB for this team...for a variety of reasons:  A. A revolving door at QB is a sure fire way to have a team totally have no consistency.  B. It don't matter which of these suckotash QB starts and C. Because it is just ignorant.

True. This is a selfinflicted  historical mess of epic proportions that rivals the original Tampa Bay fiasco (slightly different rules back then). No current starting QB today in the NFL could just step in and turn this around quickly it will take several successful drafts and good FA picks to do that......not a bunch of newbie QBs with no decent WRs to make a difference. 

Wow, 14 people voted for Kizer, must be gluttons for punishment. Kizer is really bad, how bad exactly? The absolute worst QB in the NFL. Those wanting another #1 overall are clamoring for Kizer to start. The ones that actually want to win are seeing what is really going on here. As I said before, Hogan should have the chance to redeem himself in another start. He's going to be a FA at the end of the year and we need to know what we have in him. Kessler and Kizer have combined for 15 starts and have won ZERO games over that time. Hogan has one start, and not a single one of us knows what he's truly capable of. Kizer is not getting better, he's just climbing deeper into a hole and playing scared. They are going to run, run, run and Kizer is going to throw shorter and shorter safer passes, he nearly had 3 balls picked the last time he played. You can belittle Hogan if you want, just to spite me but that doesn't mean he still isn't the best option NOW and going forward. Nearly everyone was on board with starting Hogan over Kizer against the Texans... one bad game(quarter) is not a death sentence in the NFL, it takes consistent lack of talent and poor decision making- kinda like what we've seen from Kizer all season. B)

Hogan has more TDs than Kizer has, period. If that isn't a wake up call I guess you plan on sleeping in. 

Just now, The User from Cleveland said:

Him not being brought back isn't even an option. Don't you know he's the future of this franchise?

The future of the franchise?

I heard that the stadium is being renamed for him, and in front of it will be a 5 story statue of his noodle arm.

35 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Wow, 14 people voted for Kizer, must be gluttons for punishment. Kizer is really bad, how bad exactly? The absolute worst QB in the NFL......

I want Kizer because he has to prove he is not the QB of the future, just as much as he is the QB of the future...... Either way, the Browns have to know so they can open the vault for Cousins, or God forbid, draft another QB next year.

We're going 0-16 or 1-15 no matter which QB starts..... 

31 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Wow, 14 people voted for Kizer, must be gluttons for punishment. Kizer is really bad, how bad exactly? The absolute worst QB in the NFL. Those wanting another #1 overall are clamoring for Kizer to start. The ones that actually want to win are seeing what is really going on here. As I said before, Hogan should have the chance to redeem himself in another start. He's going to be a FA at the end of the year and we need to know what we have in him. Kessler and Kizer have combined for 15 starts and have won ZERO games over that time. Hogan has one start, and not a single one of us knows what he's truly capable of. Kizer is not getting better, he's just climbing deeper into a hole and playing scared. They are going to run, run, run and Kizer is going to throw shorter and shorter safer passes, he nearly had 3 balls picked the last time he played. You can belittle Hogan if you want, just to spite me but that doesn't mean he still isn't the best option NOW and going forward. Nearly everyone was on board with starting Hogan over Kizer against the Texans... one bad game(quarter) is not a death sentence in the NFL, it takes consistent lack of talent and poor decision making- kinda like what we've seen from Kizer all season. B)

PO Kizer is going to get at least 4 more games to see if in the unlikely event he can improve.  FWIW, I didn't want Deshone before the draft, and he's showing the world why my opinion is probably correct. Hue's probably said it a dozen times- he's in the business of winning games. LOL, if the McCarron trade had gone through- (I'm glad it didn't) you can about bet Hogan would have been cut.

Regardless I doubt Hogan will be on the roster 2018 because we're for sure drafting the highest rated QB with our first pick.  

Hoorta, I'm with you on the McCarron trade, I'm also glad it didn't work out. But the fact that they even tried is scary. 

I guess Kessler is the backup again... smh, I thought Hogan had proved himself and earned more of an opportunity. It's whatever though. It's just not his time yet. 

45 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I guess Kessler is the backup again... smh, I thought Hogan had proved himself and earned more of an opportunity. It's whatever though. It's just not his time yet. 

I think most people want to see Kizer since he's only 21 and we picked him in the second round PoG. I'd like to see Hogan when Hue has better playcalling that suits him. Who knows, Maybe he could light it up with Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon. I think half the people on this board still have no idea if Kizer will be any good so that's why the majority of people want to see him. Bring on the Lions!

Whether or not to start Kizer has noting to do with winning, or even who the best QB is right now. It all has to do with potential upside, and, in having a clear path in the 2018 draft. Of all our QBs, Kizer has the most physical prowess. All our QBs are purse schidt but none of them but Kizer has any real upside potential to emerge as our QB going forward. Kessler and Hogan are garbage. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

Is Kizer garbage, too? Hell, I thought so from day one. However, just shut the fahk up already and give this kid a real chance. Sink or swim, let him fauhk up as much as he can. Get it out of his system. Until this kid is playing without Hue's cloud of doom over his shoulder, he is not going to be loose. This season is a joke. We arent going anywhere, so, let's see if the one greatest potential we have can gel.

34 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Whether or not to start Kizer has noting to do with winning, or even who the best QB is right now. It all has to do with potential upside, and, in having a clear path in the 2018 draft. Of all our QBs, Kizer has the most physical prowess. All our QBs are purse schidt but none of them but Kizer has any real upside potential to emerge as our QB going forward. Kessler and Hogan are garbage. You know it, I know it, and everyone else knows it.

Is Kizer garbage, too? Hell, I thought so from day one. However, just shut the fahk up already and give this kid a real chance. Sink or swim, let him fauhk up as much as he can. Get it out of his system. Until this kid is playing without Hue's cloud of doom over his shoulder, he is not going to be loose. This season is a joke. We arent going anywhere, so, let's see if the one greatest potential we have can gel.

This. This is the reason. 

We have seen Kessler, we know his limits. And Hogan? Well, not as much as Kessler, I give you that, but being castoff of an Andy Reid's team, who I think should be considered more of a QB whisperer than Hue, is a big signal for me.

If we don't give a 21 year old second rounder with bad receivers as many starts as possible in an already lost season, I don't know what are we doing.

7 hours ago, Nero said:

If we don't give a 21 year old second rounder with bad receivers as many starts as possible in an already lost season, I don't know what are we doing.

You could say that in Spanish and you'd be just as accurate. Totally agree. And no yanking from the field no mater what happens. Let him play out the string.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You could say that in Spanish and you'd be just as accurate. Totally agree. And no yanking from the field no mater what happens. Let him play out the string.

Si no le damos a un segunda ronda de veintiún años y con malos receptores tantos partidos como podemos en una temporada que ya está perdida, no sé qué estamos haciendo.

I chose Kizer because of the potential he flashed against the Steelers and during the preseason.  Hue just needs to let him play.  Kessler is an OK stopgap but not a franchise QB.  I agree we haven't seen a lot of Hogan but what we did see did not point to a franchise QB either.  Kizer has the most potential at this point, have to let him sink or swim.

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I mean, you're right on one hand, but on the other....we....need....to...win...a game. We MUST. Even if we were 2-6 right now, so much of the pressure would be off, but we're much worse. We're legitimately looking at a winless season. Can we really put Kizer in the rest of the year when he might have the best tools but can't throw a TD pass? When was the last time he even threw a touchdown? Heck, when was the last time he was CLOSE? 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Si no le damos a un segunda ronda de veintiún años y con malos receptores tantos partidos como podemos en una temporada que ya está perdida, no sé qué estamos haciendo.

I translate this into:   This is the fuyucking stupidest thread in the history of the Browns Board and the moderators should shut it down immediately before this idiocy spreads like we were all people in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Just now, The Gipper said:

I translate this into:   This is the fuyucking stupidest thread in the history of the Browns Board and the moderators should shut it down immediately before this idiocy spreads like we were all people in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Exactly what I said.

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Just PoG weekly...hey look at me and how much I love our third string QB thread. 

Archived