THE BROWNS BOARD

Jaguar Trivia

The Gipper

Here is some trivia about the Browns next opponent.   This is a truncated trivia thread because, quite frankly...I couldn't find much in the way of interesting trivia questions to ask about that team.

1. What team have the Jags played the most in postseason play?

2. The Jags play in Everbank Field.  What is the original name of that stadium?

3. What 3 cities did Jacksonville beat out to obtain the expansion franchise in 1995?

4. What is the name of the Jags mascot?

5. Which Browns HC (post 1999) was once the Offensive Coordinator for the Jags?

6. Jacksonville is considered a small market to have a major league franchise.  However, there are actually 3 cities/markets that are smaller than Jacksonville (per Nielsen) that are smaller.   Name these 3 markets. 

Wow I actually know little about JAX history, a little more about CAR......except for the similarities and differences with the EXPANSION new Cleveland Browns in that era.

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So, are you saying you have no answers?

One both JAX & CAR got better expansion draft rules than CLE after the other owners saw how fast they got good!

24 minutes ago, Mark O said:

1. Denver Broncos NO

2. no clue

3. St. Louis, Baltimore, Toronto  Balt/St> correct, not Toronto

4. Faguar....unofficially, sure....but actually, no

5. Chris Palmer...Check

6. Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Nashville...only GB correct

I don't think any of these are right...  One was...and a couple of partials

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is some trivia about the Browns next opponent.   This is a truncated trivia thread because, quite frankly...I couldn't find much in the way of interesting trivia questions to ask about that team.

Pittsburgh

3. What 3 cities did Jacksonville beat out to obtain the expansion franchise in 1995?

St. Louis, Baltimore, San Antonio

Jack

6. Jacksonville is considered a small market to have a major league franchise.  However, there are actually 3 cities/markets that are smaller than Jacksonville (per Nielsen) that are smaller.   Name these 3 markets.

Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati 

32 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Pittsburgh  NO

St. Louis, Baltimore, San Antonio  Again, yes on St. L. and Balto...no on SA

Jack  not quite..but some element of that is in there.

Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati   Only Green Bay is correct

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, are you saying you have no answers?

D*MN JEOPARDY is easier that this one....unless you use Google but that's not allowed in either.

45 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I actually thought #1, #2 and #6 would be pretty easy.

I thought that it was the old name of the college stadium or they just played there until their new.....often part empty....stadium was ready, or something.  :huh:

On 11/14/2017 at 10:46 AM, The Gipper said:

I have 0 clue

Ericcson stadium I think

San Antonio , Memphis.. I forgot the other..

Rob Chudzinski

Milwaukee, Minneapolis, And Miami

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

I have 0 clue

Ericcson stadium I think  NO...that was the name of the Panthers stadium at one time.

San Antonio , Memphis.. I forgot the other..  Memphis is right for the third town (incl. St. L and Balt)  Not SA

Rob Chudzinski  NO

Milwaukee, Minneapolis, And Miami     NO, none correct. (and there is no team in Milwaukee....or did you mean Green Bay?  Which had already been guessed)

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I have 0 clue

Ericcson stadium I think  NO...that was the name of the Panthers stadium at one time.

San Antonio , Memphis.. I forgot the other..  Memphis is right for the third town (incl. St. L and Balt)  Not SA

Rob Chudzinski  NO

Milwaukee, Minneapolis, And Miami     NO, none correct. (and there is no team in Milwaukee....or did you mean Green Bay?  Which had already been guessed)

Well I assume Milwaukee represents the Green bay area...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well I assume Milwaukee represents the Green bay area...

Not at all.  Not really.  Green Bay is as far from Milwaukee as say Pittsburgh or Detroit are from Cleveland.

But...the reverse is actually true:  the Green Bay Packers represent the Milwaukee area.  Almost all people from Mil. are Packer fans....even though Chicago is actually closer. 

I suspect the opposite is probably likely true, i.e....the people of Green Bay are probably Brewer fans and Bucks fans.    I don't know for sure...but I assume.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not at all.  Not really.  Green Bay is as far from Milwaukee as say Pittsburgh or Detroit are from Cleveland.

But...the reverse is actually true:  the Green Bay Packers represent the Milwaukee area.  Almost all people from Mil. are Packer fans....even though Chicago is actually closer. 

I suspect the opposite is probably likely true, i.e....the people of Green Bay are probably Brewer fans and Bucks fans.    I don't know for sure...but I assume.

Would make absolute sense...

On 11/14/2017 at 10:46 AM, The Gipper said:

Answers:

Patriots.  They are 1-3 against them in the postseason.

The Gator Bowl

St. Louis, Baltimore, and Memphis....all of which, sort of....later got teams.  St. Louis got the Rams...who have already moved back to LA...and Memphis got the Oilers for a bit before they decided that Nashville was the town in Tenn. that they really wanted to call home.

Jaxon De Ville.     Related to Cruella De Ville....who wanted a coat with that Jaguar spots design?

il_340x270.1326256347_jcig.jpg

Chris Palmer

Jacksonville is the 47th largest DMA (Nielsen Designated Market area).   New Orleans is #50, Buffalo is #53, and Green Bay is #68.

Archived