THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam knew about sales scheme: former Pilot exec

Orion

36 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Good.

Let this man surrender the team to the league because he is a shitty owner who can't hire successful men to put this team into playoff contention..

That won't happen .. Dee Haslam is our new owner.. Let that sink a minute.. An Emo broad who went "Nuclear".. Now owns our team.. My worst fear just became a reality...

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"The Knoxville News Sentinel reports the jury in the federal fraud trial of former Pilot Flying J executives and sales representatives heard a recording of former vice president John "Stick" Freeman saying Haslam was aware of the scheme to deprive trucking customers of the diesel discounts they had negotiated.

In Freeman's words: "He knew — absolutely."

This is a recording of "hearsay evidence" not a recording of Jimmy himself. It means absolutely nothing in a court of law unless witnesses in Jimmy's trial attest that he "knew everything". You'd think one or more who knew would have turned on him in a plea bargain by now.

I would not call that statement hearsay.  Hearsay would be:  " I John Freeman heard  from Mr. Daffy Duck that Jimmy Haslam told Daffy Duck to rip off truckers". 

If John Freeman said:  Jimmy Haslam told me to rip off truckers.....that is not hearsay.

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

That won't happen .. Dee Haslam is our new owner.. Let that sink a minute.. An Emo broad who went "Nuclear".. Now owns our team.. My worst fear just became a reality...

Pretty sure the last (and only?) woman to own an NFL franchise won a SB.

Just sayin'...

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I would not call that statement hearsay.  Hearsay would be:  " I John Freeman heard  from Mr. Daffy Duck that Jimmy Haslam told Daffy Duck to rip off truckers". 

If John Freeman said:  Jimmy Haslam told me to rip off truckers.....that is not hearsay.

But you would still need him to testify under oath would you not? The recording by itself would not suffice. Correct?

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Just sayin'...

You are referring to Georgia Frontiere.....but...Several women own NFL teams.

Virginia McCaskey (daughter of George Halas)  is and was owner of the Bears when they won in 1985.

Martha Ford......wife of the late William Clay Ford owns the Lions

Susan Smith and Amy Strunk...both nee  Adams....daughters of old Bud Adams own the Titans (plus with a brother I believe)

Kim Pergula and Husband Terry are co-owners of the Bills

Carol Davis....wife of Al...plus son Mark...own the Raiders.

And now it seems that Dee is being listed as "co-owners" of the Browns....particularly on the team's own website:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/front-office.html

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But you would still need him to testify under oath would you not? The recording by itself would not suffice. Correct?

In certain circumstances  under the exception to hearsay rule, it may.  A question may be:  why is this person not available to come into this court and testify?

Those on tril have been saying that from the beginning, yet he  hasn't been indicted.

Why is that?  I'll tell you why.  It's not about what you think.  It's about what you can prove.

I am not saying he didn't know.  I just find it pretty strong in Haslams favor that the DA hasn't brought charges, no matter how thin.  You have to have some proof, and proof isn't a bunch of people who plead guilty to the fraud saying that he had to know.  You have to have more than that.

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Those on tril have been saying that from the beginning, yet he  hasn't been indicted.  You're probably right, but I never heard it before. 

It's about what you can prove. There is that.

He's been the artful dodger. 

On 11/15/2017 at 7:15 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

When the FBI opens an investigation into you or your company, you are in a world of Sheet.

Um, ah...yeah................. they sure burned Hillary, didn't they?

15 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Those on tril have been saying that from the beginning, yet he  hasn't been indicted.

Why is that?  I'll tell you why.  It's not about what you think.  It's about what you can prove.

I am not saying he didn't know.  I just find it pretty strong in Haslams favor that the DA hasn't brought charges, no matter how thin.  You have to have some proof, and proof isn't a bunch of people who plead guilty to the fraud saying that he had to know.  You have to have more than that.

And Ballpeen should know.   Russ is a retired Federal Hearing officer.  (Is that right, Russ?)

On 11/16/2017 at 9:22 AM, Tour2ma said:

Just sayin'...

That woman had a bonafide HC in Dickey Vermiel and potential HOF QB Kurt Warner..Dee has Sheet...

Just sayin'..

12 hours ago, nickers said:

That woman had a bonafide HC in Dickey Vermiel and potential HOF QB Kurt Warner..Dee has Sheet...

Just sayin'..

That woman hired Vermiel and Kurt... she did not inherit them...

Just sayin'...

On 11/16/2017 at 9:04 AM, Tour2ma said:

While true this was a company wide program with major implications for the bottom line meaning costs projections were done. While I grant you that upside surprises garner less scrutiny than shortfalls, the less-than-expected cost of this program would be apparent to any engaged CEO.

If Jimmah dis not know, then it was because he was he either did not want to know or simply was curious enough.

And either way does not say too much about his business savvy. He inherited his money from the family and now he thinks all those dollar bills turned into brain cells. He believes in magic too, hence numerology. 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

That woman hired Vermiel and Kurt... she did not inherit them...

Just sayin'...

I'm very sure her GM was responsible for guiding her...what has our GM done.. "WAIT".. we don't have one,, We have two harvard lawyers running the show...

Archived