THE BROWNS BOARD

The 'who have you watched lately?' thread.

tiamat63

13 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Where is everyone watching full game cut ups? Draft breakdown has started charging for the good stuff and as hall and Oates would say, I can’t go for that (no can do) 

Used to love draftbreakdown.  Very sad it went pay

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

EDIT-Did watch Lamar Jackson live in Raleigh,NC..Just whisper No!! HueJax 

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Jackson. A more athletic D.Watson, with less success but also at a lesser program.

He made a handful or so bad passes and took a few too many hits in this game (half), but FF to 7:40 if you want to see his ability as a pocket passer.

His running ability isnt even a great strength unless he can harness it and stay healthy.  He is a very skilled QB...

Finally watched Lamar Jackson a few days ago in a different game,  but he has a really nice arm, and if there's nothing open he can get first downs with his legs all day long... Until someone puts him on IR.

But there's also the possibility he can adapt his game to the NFL like Vick or Watson.  I think they all know they can't play the same style in nfl as they did in college 

Agree, but I'd say more like Wilson or Prescott...

23 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Where is everyone watching full game cut ups? Draft breakdown has started charging for the good stuff and as hall and Oates would say, I can’t go for that (no can do) 

Well... most Draft Breakdown vids have been available to watch on youtube. But even if they close that window, they are only asking $2/mo. And if like me you don't really start studying prospects until Feb and wrap up before the draft, that $6 will be well spent.

8 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Finally watched Lamar Jackson a few days ago in a different game,  but he has a really nice arm, and if there's nothing open he can get first downs with his legs all day long... Until someone puts him on IR.

But there's also the possibility he can adapt his game to the NFL like Vick or Watson.  I think they all know they can't play the same style in nfl as they did in college 

"Until someone puts him on IR." This is one of my biggest concerns with him, and his slender build doesn't appear to help matters either. He'd no doubt be somewhat of a project, but the upside is so tantalizing, SOMEONE is going to take the kid earlier than first believed. His physical gifts are completely off the charts, and from what I understand, he's dead serious about training and improving his throwing ability. His arm is stupid strong, but he does come from a rather gimmicky offense. He's the definition of boom or bust. He'd also be a total nightmare on 3rd and shorts and obviously goal line situations. I'm not kidding when I say he's more physically gifted than any QB I've seen since Michael Vick. It's also worth noting his throwing ability has increased this season. 

All that being said, Baker Mayfield is my guy right now. Tony Grossi hates him, but I don't listen to that bozo. Mayfield still comes from a ridiculous offense and definitely has question marks, but boy does he shine on the field. He has moxie, heart, and it's obvious to me his team loves him. He is very accurate, creative, and not afraid to push the ball down the field or into tight windows. I'll write more on him later, but he's got a really good chance of being a star. 

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Great..Hoorta, you may have a new tag team partner not named Mitchell in this years draft..Gip, Matt Leinart was a lefty. Tossing dump offs to guys like Reggie Bush & Lendale White fattening up Leinart's stat line..Darnold is tossing it around, to as many as 8 players that are soon to be uber drivers trying to get thru school..

We will see.  Bottom line: I am not going to get too high or too low on anyone.   It don't matter who they get as long as the guy can play.

In other words...I am not going to be joining anyone's "Camp.

Been there, done that and I have learnedd that it is a fruitless gesture.

21 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

"Until someone puts him on IR." This is one of my biggest concerns with him, and his slender build doesn't appear to help matters either. He'd no doubt be somewhat of a project, but the upside is so tantalizing, SOMEONE is going to take the kid earlier than first believed. His physical gifts are completely off the charts, and from what I understand, he's dead serious about training and improving his throwing ability. His arm is stupid strong, but he does come from a rather gimmicky offense. He's the definition of boom or bust. He'd also be a total nightmare on 3rd and shorts and obviously goal line situations. I'm not kidding when I say he's more physically gifted than any QB I've seen since Michael Vick. It's also worth noting his throwing ability has increased this season. 

All that being said, Baker Mayfield is my guy right now. Tony Grossi hates him, but I don't listen to that bozo. Mayfield still comes from a ridiculous offense and definitely has question marks, but boy does he shine on the field. He has moxie, heart, and it's obvious to me his team loves him. He is very accurate, creative, and not afraid to push the ball down the field or into tight windows. I'll write more on him later, but he's got a really good chance of being a star. 

Jackson's am reminded me of mahomes.  Just a flick of the wrist, and the ball goes 30 yds. 

That's the knock on Rosen. His teammates supposedly hate him.  But you don't put up numbers like him and lead comebacks like he's had without being awesome 

11 hours ago, thenew23 said:

Not at all.  Different coach, different skill set, different everything (except school).

Coming from the guy that "doesn't watch any tape..."

That don't make me wrong.  I don't watch tape, but I have seen some of him in games, live.  Not that impressed.

But, again, I don't care.   If he comes to the Browns, great. I hope he balls out.

I am not getting invested in anyone either way.....not until they are assigned a seal brown and orange jersey number.

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

... his slender build doesn't appear to help matters either.

6'3 + 213 = "slender"?

Not getting that vibe... Definitely nothing like Teddy B. coming out.

Question is... is Lamar running smart this season? I've seen very little of him this season. He was prone to getting a lil reckless last year.

2 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

That's the knock on Rosen. His teammates supposedly hate him.  But you don't put up numbers like him and lead comebacks like he's had without being awesome 

Rosen is good, but even people I know who go to UCLA don't like him much. To me he's been a spoiled kid most of his life and hasn't faced adversity. He grew up in SoCal so wouldn't be able to play worth a Sheet in the snow. I'd rather have a midwest QB.

I've been talking with Tour since he first clued me in on him, but if you're a fan of Mayfield, Rosen, Allen or Darnold - I'd suggest tuning into the UVA-Miami game now and watch Kurt.

If Benkurt was on a couple of those teams, or really any team with some more talent around him, he would be getting easy 1st round hype right now.   The kid has the goods to be next level and I encourage you to take a long look at him.   I'll paraphrase my thoughts between Tour and I in my summary of him later.  

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I've been talking with Tour since he first clued me in on him, but if you're a fan of Mayfield, Rosen, Allen or Darnold - I'd suggest tuning into the UVA-Miami game now and watch Kurt.

If Benkurt was on a couple of those teams, or really any team with some more talent around him, he would be getting easy 1st round hype right now.   The kid has the goods to be next level and I encourage you to take a long look at him.   I'll paraphrase my thoughts between Tour and I in my summary of him later.  

Watching the game already.  He started red hot

14 hours ago, thenew23 said:

Not at all.  Different coach, different skill set, different everything (except school).

Coming from the guy that "doesn't watch any tape..."

Exactly- Carson Palmer came out of USC. He seemed to do ok playing in cold weather. Not every schools qB are going to hit it big in the pros. I have a severe anti-Notre Dame bias, but then the produced the Joes Theismann and Montana- as well as Jimmy Clausen Pickle. 

12 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Yikes, Walter Football has us taking Jackson with the #1 overall. I think it was it wasn't until recently he got his completion % up to 60. FWIW Mayfield is a 68% career passer in college. PS I do like Walter slotting us McGlinchey with our second pick- Joe can't play forever...  

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Rosen is good, but even people I know who go to UCLA don't like him much. To me he's been a spoiled kid most of his life and hasn't faced adversity. He grew up in SoCal so wouldn't be able to play worth a Sheet in the snow. I'd rather have a midwest QB.

While he went to Michigan, Tom Brady was born and raised in California. Terry Bradshaw battled the weather of Pittsburgh while leading them to four Super Bowl titles, after playing college ball in Louisiana. Bart Starr won five titles in Green Bay, after playing for Alabama. Brett Favre was from Mississippi.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

6'3 + 213 = "slender"?

Question is... is Lamar running smart this season? I've seen very little of him this season. He was prone to getting a lil reckless last year.

The numbers don't suggest too skinny but the eyeball test does...if that makes sense. I'm not saying the man is puny or anything, but it's a common concern regarding Jackson (the frame or his build). 

He's definitely running somewhat smarter this season, from what I've seen. He still takes some hits and lowers the shoulder, but it doesn't appear to be QUITE as reckless. The main thing is he's passing better. Still has a long way to go, but seeing improvement every year is the idea. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

BOOM!  On the rollout and its a perfect throw.

Please, tell me about Mayfield again.  

Mayfield's stats are better all around than Benkert, but yes, he does also play on a much better team. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/550373/baker-mayfield

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/545645/kurt-benkert

I want to watch the (probably) top 2 guys tonight but of the rest Ive been watching... 1. Jackson, 2. Rudolph, 3. Mayfield

Ive never even watched Allen live so hes not on my list. 

Of the above 3, Jackson is the only one even close to a 1st rounder.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The numbers don't suggest too skinny but the eyeball test does...if that makes sense. I'm not saying the man is puny or anything, but it's a common concern regarding Jackson (the frame or his build).  

Live eyeballs from bottom of stands,at rail 2 hours before kick off.(35 yards away? maybe),I posted somewhere that night,He's larger live than on TV,surprised me also).Lamar is thick above waist put after thigh pads he's scary thin below knee caps..EDIT --..My friends seats at NC State our mid level 41 yard line. The 2nd & 3rd Quarter I went straight to top of Carter Finley to see a all 22 live binoculars..Lamar would many times find single coverage receivers late, than relied on his feet or check down..My worry is, In a passing league next level? his only confidence was in his feet/RB's or 1 WR (Fitzpatrick?)..Still watching Lamar since NC State game.. He's a QB & we need 3 of them..

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

6'3 + 213 = "slender"?

Nope- in the words of Ghoolie- Black Tarkenton. 

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

We'll see if he goes up draft boards...   

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Just opened "Camp Benkert"...

All are welcome.

We aren't shopping the bargain bin this year Tour. Suck for Sam, relapse for Rosen, play like bums for Baker. I'm all in on drafting 2 QBs this year. I saw more good QB play today than I have all year out of Kizer. 

Archived