THE BROWNS BOARD

The 'who have you watched lately?' thread.

tiamat63

18 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Nice write up and compelling argument. Have you watched Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick yet? 

Started on James, haven't gotten around to finishing it or taking any kind of notes.    I said I was going to, so maybe that's what I should do next?  

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love me some Derwin. Unfortunately he plays a lot like Jabril (or should I say, like Jabril is SUPPOSED to play like). We need a free safety. In the worst way. Minkah would work perfectly, but we can't take him one, and he won't likely be there with other pick. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I love me some Derwin. Unfortunately he plays a lot like Jabril (or should I say, like Jabril is SUPPOSED to play like). We need a free safety. In the worst way. Minkah would work perfectly, but we can't take him one, and be won't likely be there with other pick. 

We shall see, Jamal Adams wasn’t supposed to be there at #6 last year, and hopefully that’s where the Texans pick is. 

As for the quality of the players coming to this draft, to take the BPA and fill our main holes it would be something like Rosen in #1, Fitzpatrick in the Texans pick, then in the #33 a RB (Barkley/Guice/whatever, I think there's no consensus #1 on that position yet) and then WR with our next second round pick? 

I don't see any RB/WR so good to consider taking him instead of Fitzpatrick with the Houston pick for what I have read.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

As for the quality of the players coming to this draft, to take the BPA and fill our main holes it would be something like Rosen in #1, Fitzpatrick in the Texans pick, then in the #33 a RB (Barkley/Guice/whatever, I think there's no consensus #1 on that position yet) and then WR with our next second round pick? 

I don't see any RB/WR so good to consider taking him instead of Fitzpatrick with the Houston pick for what I have read.

I'm not a fan of taking a RB in the top half of the 1st round, and is it me or does this seem like a weak WR class?

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm not a fan of taking a RB in the top half of the 1st round, and is it me or does this seem like a weak WR class?

Agreed and it's not the greatest class.   Quite a few prospects that will be late risers based on their "boom" potential.   Best to avoid them.  

On 11/26/2017 at 1:25 PM, BaconHound said:

As a Sooner fan watching a lot of Baker Mayfield.  Needs a good line but could be a late 1st round pick

Just got around to watching the Big 12 Championship Game. Mayfield's accuracy puts Kizer's to shame. Great pocket mobility and awareness. I'm sold on the guy. One of several QBs we're going to seriously consider. 

16 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

We shall see, Jamal Adams wasn’t supposed to be there at #6 last year, and hopefully that’s where the Texans pick is. 

You are not allowed to get my hopes up. Lol. I live in Tallahassee and have watched every FSU game since the beginning of time, and Derwin has a chance to be one of the greats. Just wait until the combine...then Derwin James mania will hit fever pitch. He's going to run a silly 40 time, crazy agility drills, bench 225 30 times, and jump 40 inches. And he can catch, return kicks/punts, blitz the qb, and lord knows what else. He's not KNOWN for his coverage skills, but I have no doubt those abilities can be quickly learned. (I'm actually curious about his situational coverage stats now). But make no mistake, Derwin is for real, and he brings the lumber. 

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Just got around to watching the Big 12 Championship Game. Mayfield's accuracy puts Kizer's to shame. Great pocket mobility and awareness. I'm sold on the guy. One of several QBs we're going to seriously consider. 

If you can get him on the cheap, late first or early second I would like the pick.  If they are staying at 7-9 for Houston's pick gotta be best player available.

9 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

If you can get him on the cheap, late first or early second I would like the pick.  If they are staying at 7-9 for Houston's pick gotta be best player available.

Almost going to say like the bet me and Gip had with Stan last year about Trubisky. MHO is when all is said and done Mayfield will go in the top 10. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Almost going to say like the bet me and Gip had with Stan last year about Trubisky. MHO is when all is said and done Mayfield will go in the top 10. 

Yeah QBs are typically over valued.  I differ than many on here that I think you try to get your QB when the organization/team is stable and solid.  I don't think it does any good to draft a QB when the talent around him is suspect.  Whether or not the Browns feel the they are ready for that QB, we will see.  I don't see it but if they are fully healthy they are better than what we are seeing.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:48 AM, jiggins7919 said:

You are not allowed to get my hopes up. Lol. I live in Tallahassee and have watched every FSU game since the beginning of time, and Derwin has a chance to be one of the greats. Just wait until the combine...then Derwin James mania will hit fever pitch. He's going to run a silly 40 time, crazy agility drills, bench 225 30 times, and jump 40 inches. And he can catch, return kicks/punts, blitz the qb, and lord knows what else. He's not KNOWN for his coverage skills, but I have no doubt those abilities can be quickly learned. (I'm actually curious about his situational coverage stats now). But make no mistake, Derwin is for real, and he brings the lumber. 

But will he wash my car and paint my back porch?

On 12/7/2017 at 1:53 AM, hoorta said:

Totally agree Hoorta!  He's been a lot of fun to watch the last 2 years. This year he has 41 TDs to just 5 INTs and last year he had 40 TDs to 8 INTs.   There's a few fans in a massive hurry to stereotype him to being the next Colt McCoy with no chance he can resemble a Drew Brees, Joe Theisman, Warren Moon or Russell Wilson.  It's nice to watch a QB that knows where everyone is supposed to be often hitting them in stride or throwing people open when necessary.   That's how you get YAC instead of the YUCK we keep seeing here.   A QB with consistent accuracy gives his team a better chance to win.   That's why guys like Mayfield and Watson could beat an Ohio State defensive roster loaded with NFL prospects.

After watching Weeden's and Kizer's arm strength rendered useless to a lack of vision and depth perception - I'm still not convinced either guy can throw a football into Lake Erie from the wet rocks touching it.   After leading ND to a 4-8 seson last year, Kizer's coach tried to warn Kizer and NFL teams he wasn't ready for the NFL.  It would have been nice if someone in our FO freakin listened....

Undersized scrambler like Russell Wilson? That's who I think of when I see Mayfield play. They're built very similarly. Manziel looked tiny out there..like a HS kid. Mayfield just passes the eye test much better imo. 

Will be a very interesting draft. like every year, but maybe they finally get it right next year. It has to happen eventually. 

Side note- I feel like Kizer will have 1 game where it just all clicks, and they'll likely win that game. He has started to look good for 3/4 of a game. 

9 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Undersized scrambler like Russell Wilson? That's who I think of when I see Mayfield play. They're built very similarly. Manziel looked tiny out there..like a HS kid. Mayfield just passes the eye test much better imo. 

Will be a very interesting draft. like every year, but maybe they finally get it right next year. It has to happen eventually. 

Side note- I feel like Kizer will have 1 game where it just all clicks, and they'll likely win that game. He has started to look good for 3/4 of a game.

Style wise I agree with the Wilson comp, but I don't see Russell's discipline.

Agree that we will win one and Kizer will be key to that win.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Style wise I agree with the Wilson comp, but I don't see Russell's discipline.

Agree that we will win one and Kizer will be key to that win.

I hope you're right about the 2nd point.  I'd like to see Kizer be the key to a win.  It's not his fault he shouldn't have been starting this year but he's put up with all the nonsense and gotten better as the season has gone on, still not good enough to avoid a #1 overall QB pick next season, but he has improved. 

If we draft Mayfield....I'd love to see him be the next Russell Wilson both on and off the field....if we don't draft him, I hope he becomes Johnny Manzidiot v 2.0.

40 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Mo Hurst, Rashad Penny & Marcus Allen on deck and queued in that order.  Already watched some Mo vs Penn State and (very drunkenly) vs the Bucks as well.  Looking forward to more.   

Oh, let me know when you do that one. I want to give my thoughts too. 

15 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think the question right now is Fitzpatrick or James.

At #1 overall?

13 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Marcus Allen

Is this "junior"?

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

At #1 overall?

Is this "junior"?

I think they may be talking DB with the Houston pick.

And no, I don't think he is Jr....in that he is the son of the HOFer Marcus Allen.   Just a name coincidence.

(btw the Steeler TE is NOT to my knowledge any actual relation to the outlaw Jesse James...nor is Whitney Mercilus any relation to Ming the Mercyless).

I've offered this the past couple years but it makes sense now seeing as how the weather  is trash and I have a long weekend. 

If anyone is up for a joint viewing/evaluation  - this is that yearly offer.  We can use several different programs, all you need is a computer and (preferably) a mic.  We can use go-to-meeting, discord or Skype.  This time around we'll be taking a look at Mo Hurst and maybe Rashad Penny. 

Anyone is welcomed.  Not sure of the day between Friday, Saturday or Sunday but should there be any interest we can figure that out later.

Archived