THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Jacksonville Jaguar Game Thread

jiggins7919

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Well, another disaster play and a final Jags TD to seal the game.

0-16 is more likely than ever

After this season, fire everybody again. Start over again.  Jackson terrible, too.  Where are the short passes to Duke and TEs?  That could work more if designed better the offensive coordinator. 

8 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

what "play calling" could have salvaged a game where WR's were yet again making those timely drive killing drops and a QB who threw multiple passes that looked directly targeted at a defensive player. Lucky only two of them were intercepted. What a waste of a great defensive effort.

Dude. Play calling.

12 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

OK, let's talk about the 2019 draft... :ph34r:

Yes lets....first we need people with football intelligence to run it then we need a head coach who has game time intelligence to coach the team

2 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Yes lets....first we need people with football intelligence to run it then we need a head coach who has game time intelligence to coach the team

Our FO has pulled in like 18 talented starting/rotational players over two years without sacrificing any future assets whatsoever.

We just played what could be one of the top AFC teams in the league, turned the ball over 5 times and had every chance in the world to win that game.

The team is fine. The quarterback is bad. Not even bad...awful. 

This team, with Rosen, Darnold, or even Mayfield at the helm, would have walked away with a W. Now add in the other three early round picks we’ll have, plus a solid FA veteran or two, and we’ll see a Jacksonville-like surge into respectability.

The problem isn’t the acquisition of talent, it’s the execution on the field. That’s falls on Hue, not the FO.

listened to the game on internet radio while detailing my car.

We can't be having the ball only 23 minutes of a game.  The D did pretty well...but they can't be expected to score the points too.

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

listened to the game on internet radio while detailing my car.

We can't be having the ball only 23 minutes of a game.  The D did pretty well...but they can't be expected to score the points too.

Couple thoughts on the game.   Defense played well and did everything to keep the game close considering how bad the offense was pretty much all game and yes they were on the field damn near the entire game but in the 4th quarter, they were not going to let Bortles do anything to lose the game and we stopped the run enough.  The Jags defense is for real and anyone who had seen them play this year would know that Kizer was going to have his struggles.  As good as the Jags D is..their QB is just as bad if not worse than Kizer.   I think someone on twitter said Bortles is just a bigger version of Kessler.  But Fournette is a stud and they have some good receivers and the defense did their job this week, came close to making a couple of big plays that might have turned the game.   Our WR's (save Coleman and I guess Njoku) are horrible.  Crow is not that good unless the hole is so big you could drive a truck through it.    I'm still not sold on Hue's coaching or his ability to call plays.   

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

ogbah out for the season isn't really bad per se, I'm just worried what happens if Nassib or garrett go down again? orchard is utterly awful at DE, he's a LB'er now. We have to bring another DE in now if possible.

I don't think you're gonna find much that can be brought in at this point.   But Ogbah was playing well.   Tough break for him.

Well, another time that our offense underperfoms greatly.

Hue is the 'mind' behind that offense, and I don't care about the players, this unit still doesn't do anything. We didn't have any drive going, ANY. Our scoring drive had only 3 passes by Kizer. If opponents mitigate our rushing attack, we're set to lose. We even had better drive starting field position than the Jaguars all game long and we didn't seize the opportunities. 

I am not that angry because under 2 minutes to the end we still were in the game, and I believed this to be the hardest game behind Detroit's one in this half season, but after how our D has played, it is really frustrating that we weren't even getting in field goal range. 

I have to agree with Hue on one thing, that I believe he said several weeks ago: to win games, this team needs to perform at the top of his level. We need both offense and defense to be at the top of their game, win in the turnovers and seize every opportunity. Last game, the defense lost the game late in the game (though I believe it had a lot to do with Kessler's two 3 and outs). Today it was the offense that played really bad, although a top defense was in front. 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

But lets hear about how hue hurt kizers feelings this season yanking him in the 2nd half. The kid was nit teady for the nfl period. The people responsible for getting rid if mccown need fired on monday

Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

These non "football guys" sure seem to be doing a bang up job. The CFL talent at WR is super helpful. 

If anything this is at least comically bad. I am interested to see how that wiley Ol' Sashi fu cks up this next draft. 

I am not interested in seeing that all that at all I am interested in seeing who we will hire to actually conducted wrappedI am not interested in seeing that all that at all I am interested in seeing who we will hire to actually conducted wrapped

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Yep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacksYep there it is… Team in the hands of three totally incapable incompetent unready quarterbacks

Someone needs to turn Gipper off, wait 10 seconds, then turn him back on. He's malfunctioning... :lol:

Archived