THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Jacksonville Jaguar Game Thread

jiggins7919

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

You see the same thing that I do. There is lots of talent on the Browns.

QB play is everything. Obvious I know, but when you havent seen a good one play for your team you sort of forget how important they are.

And you can look no further than the green bay packers to make this point. Kizer is showing more each week he's not the dude.

I'm about as sad as I've been after a loss in quite some time. I already had zero faith in Kizer, but I definitely WANTED to believe in him, and I thought that after last week maybe he could build on that little bit of momentum. We had a chance to win the game in the 4th quarter. We see teams do that week in and week out, but obviously we can't figure it out. We knew it was a very bad match up for us, but there we were, driving with the ball and down 6 on the Jags side of the field. I know people will say Corey Coleman should've caught that pass, and maybe they're right, but it was a truly terrible throw. As Kizer has done all year, he throws a rocket to Coleman that was also low and behind the receiver. That's pretty much the most difficult catch a receiver has to make because their body is going one way, the ball is going the other, and they can't use their body to help control the ball. Yes, receivers are generally supposed to use their hands to catch, and yes...there are plenty of receivers who make tougher catches than that every week, but in the rain/sleet/snow....that ball has to be on point, and it wasn't per the norm. 

Now that pass wouldn't have been a first down, but I want to say it would have been like 2nd or 3rd and 4. That's a huge difference, and maybe we could even have mixed in a running play or quick hitter to offset the Jags' pass rush. But Corey "dropped it", and Kizer never got back into any sort rhythm. It was disgusting. 

As I've said basically all year, Kizer doesn't possess the consistent accuracy required to win in the league. I believe his 2nd pick was the pass that shows this point the most, as it wasn't a difficult throw, yet Kizer air-mailed his intended target by about a mile which lead to the easiest pick of someone's life. And what hurts is that it wasn't a difficult throw by any standard. It was a short out route. That's it. And he missed by...what? 5-6 feet? 

I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life. I actually LIKE Kizer the person. I think he's tough, selfless, and he possesses the physical skills I like in a QB. But the guy simply can't throw it with enough accuracy. It's been an issue all year, all his life really, and it's not going to get better any time soon I fear. All the Josh Gordons in the world couldn't save Kizer. And I COMPLETELY understand that the Jags were all over Kizer and our OL didn't do him hardly ANY favors (pass blocking or run blocking), but we had a chance to win late, at Cleveland, and we couldn't get it done. 

well, being at the game, and having given out an ill-fated guarantee of a Browns win... was seriously disappointing, watching Kizer show he just doesn't have a qb's brain. He doesn't see it. Stares down wr's...throws into coverage than should never have been thrown, and most of the stadium probably knew better before he threw it..

Great kid, tough, terrific arm, can run, he isn't dumb.... he just doesn't have "it" to see the field, the flurry of motion, the decision making he should have. Can't coach that. And the fumbles. how in the heyl can you be getting tackled, and you are holding the ball way up , above your head,   in your hand, and not expect disaster?  He leads the league in interceptions. You know, he could be a back up qb for a long time...but pressure on...he throws a cannonball on a five yard pass?

I keep complaining about running on first down, and usually second down, so often. Then, Hue calls for a pass on first down, and Kizer throws an  incredibly stupid interception.

So my funny guarantee turned into a sad debacle, but it was the referees' fault. I was going to go run out on the field, put myself into the game, and lob a TD pass for a win, even with my warm Rocky boots on.....but they wouldn't let me.....:rolleyes:

oh, and I have a dumb question. What the heyl is up with a Browns player swooping in to down a punt, and the opposing player sees that he is watching up in the air...and decks him? What happened to blindside blocks being illegal? Unnecessary roughness? So, you can knock the heyl out of a punt receiver before the ball gets there? nope, of course not. So why was that play legal? Neither player had touched the ball. The kicking team can't down the ball and get possession...  never occurred to me that is a legal play.

and on an int, the Jag player has the ball over his head, the ball is clearly moving and slipping out of his hand,he traps it against the ground and ... on the replay, the "ref" says it was a completed pass? Maybe for a Jag player, or a squealer player or... but a Browns player? you can bet that would have been ruled an incompletion, I'll betcha. Wasn't just me, most of the fans were unhappy with that one.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, and I have a dumb question. What the heyl is up with a Browns player swooping in to down a punt, and the opposing player sees that he is watching up in the air...and decks him? What happened to blindside blocks being illegal? Unnecessary roughness? So, you can knock the heyl out of a punt receiver before the ball gets there? nope, of course not. So why was that play legal? Neither player had touched the ball. The kicking team can't down the ball and get possession...  never occurred to me that is a legal play.

and on an int, the Jag player has the ball over his head, the ball is clearly moving and slipping out of his hand,he traps it against the ground and ... on the replay, the "ref" says it was a completed pass? Maybe for a Jag player, or a squealer player or... but a Browns player? you can bet that would have been ruled an incompletion, I'll betcha. Wasn't just me, most of the fans were unhappy with that one.

I thought the guy got blocked into the receiver. The replay showed it. It was our bad.

I thought this team played tough especially against a very tough D.  And I still think our offense is playing better and our lack of receiver is killing us.  Now on the last play where Kizer didn't get rid of the ball fast enough, my question is how could he?  How many QBs would get the ball stripped that fast?  He barely had the ball in his hands before he got stripped.  Should we have had a RB or TE in there just in case?  I think so, but don't blame Kizer for that.  I think next week against the Bengals, we should get our first win.  Mark my word. Yes, on the road we will get our first win.

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:
  1. oh, and I have a dumb question. What the heyl is up with a Browns player swooping in to down a punt, and the opposing player sees that he is watching up in the air...and decks him? What happened to blindside blocks being illegal? Unnecessary roughness? So, you can knock the heyl out of a punt receiver before the ball gets there? nope, of course not. So why was that play legal? Neither player had touched the ball. The kicking team can't down the ball and get possession...  never occurred to me that is a legal play.
  2. and on an int, the Jag player has the ball over his head, the ball is clearly moving and slipping out of his hand,he traps it against the ground and ... on the replay, the "ref" says it was a completed pass? Maybe for a Jag player, or a squealer player or... but a Browns player? you can bet that would have been ruled an incompletion, I'll betcha. Wasn't just me, most of the fans were unhappy with that one.
  1. The one near the Jags GL in the 3rd Qtr, I assume. Legal play so long as the Return man did not signal for a fair catch. As for blindside block... blocker has to be peeling back towards the LOS. I did not see that at the time or just now on tape. return man was running parallel to the 5-yd line stripe.
  2. Not remembering the INT/catch you mention, but there was a sideline completion to Lee IIRC that was ruled incomplete and "stand" after a review, that looked complete to me. Add in the disallowed Kizer fumble return on it's way to six when Kizer was ruled to be, but was not, down and on balance I don't think we've much to complain about net net...

Here's PFF's summary for those that care... https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-jacksonville-jaguars-19-cleveland-browns-7

In a nut shell it was that our failure to run effectively doomed Kizer to too much of a load and thus our chances. Had some praise for our D tho... especially vs. the run.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Here's PFF's summary for those that care... https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-jacksonville-jaguars-19-cleveland-browns-7

In a nut shell it was that our failure to run effectively doomed Kizer to too much of a load and thus our chances. Had some praise for our D tho... especially vs. the run.

Bito  had a quiet, good showing. . .

TOP 5 GRADES:

CB Jason McCourty83.8 overall grade

LB James Burgess Jr.82.3 overall grade

LG Joel Bitonio82.3 overall grade

DE Emmanuel Ogbah81.1 overall grade

Jabrill Peppers80.4 overall grade

53 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

TOP 5 GRADES:

CB Jason McCourty83.8 overall grade

LB James Burgess Jr.82.3 overall grade

LG Joel Bitonio82.3 overall grade

DE Emmanuel Ogbah81.1 overall grade

Jabrill Peppers80.4 overall grade

That tells us what we already knew:  the defense played pretty well.

Would like to see the grade for Drango....who had a rough game...and Kizer.  (negative score?)

Jamar Taylor on the other hand needs to be replaced as soon as possible.  He was just playing Matador defense out there...for the most part.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That tells us what we already knew:  the defense played pretty well.

Would like to see the grade for Drango....who had a rough game...and Kizer.  (negative score?)

Jamar Taylor on the other hand needs to be replaced as soon as possible.  He was just playing Matador defense out there...for the most part.

The defense had a good showing yesterday.

I was actually surprised that we had an offensive player grade out in the top 5.

7 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

More than Zeitler can say. He quite possibly graded lower than Drango.

Archived