THE BROWNS BOARD

No Penalties...

Tour2ma

IIRC first time since 1962.

Yea!

If I could find The Bad News Bears clip with the smart kid recounting the trivial positives after their latest lost, I'd post it...

The defense has been on the field the whole time, and nowadays that's the easiest way to get penalties (defensive PI and holdings).

Does anybody else feel frustrated about how lately in games there's something positive (last game Kizer, this game defense and penalties...) But these positives never come up together in the same game? The negatives always beat the positives. Smh

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

The defense has been on the field the whole time, and nowadays that's the easiest way to get penalties (defensive PI and holdings).

Does anybody else feel frustrated about how lately in games there's something positive (last game Kizer, this game defense and penalties...) But these positives never come up together in the same game? The negatives always beat the positives. Smh

Kinda goes with youth...

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

IIRC first time since 1962.

Yea!

If I could find The Bad News Bears clip with the smart kid recounting the trivial positives after their latest lost, I'd post it...

Funny you would say this, because I literally tried a week or so ago to find that exact scene to respond to someone. I think I had to settle with the Kevin Bacon "ALL IS WELL!" meme from 'Animal House'.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Kinda goes with youth...

Ogilvie never had a chance at loading anything..best we can do^^..Jags fumbled ball 5 times..we got on 1..one can't win without Offense nor ST's..

5 hours ago, miktoxic said:

yep, defense (kirksey......hmmmmmm....wonder what regime drafted him?????) looks great!! give the whole coaching staff a raise!

0-10!!

maybe if the FO knew how to draft our secondary wouldn't look like slow bumbling Shmucks.

Yes our defense was really terrible Sunday. 

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

Yes our defense was really terrible Sunday. 

what was the final score?

rbs and wrs after 4 yards past line slice through our D like a hot knife thru butter.

the coach and scheme are not the problem.....it's the talent.

but no, let's stick with the FO that relies on #s yet theirs are the worse in the league. i would have fired them all after seeing wentz play his first game.

15 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

what was the final score?

rbs and wrs after 4 yards past line slice through our D like a hot knife thru butter.

the coach and scheme are not the problem.....it's the talent.

but no, let's stick with the FO that relies on #s yet theirs are the worse in the league. i would have fired them all after seeing wentz play his first game.

I've been critical of the defense (or more so the people here telling me how great our defense is) but the defense gave up only 13 points yesterday.  That should be good enough to win a football game.  

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Ogilvie never had a chance at loading anything..best we can do^^..Jags fumbled ball 5 times..we got on 1..one can't win without Offense nor ST's..

Ogilvie! That's the kid's name... thanks, gum... You shall be rewared.

2 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Funny, when i say this I'm the idiot.

Maybe it's a context thang... Ever heard the one about the "foo bird"? ;)

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

13 points yesterday.  That should be good enough to win a football game.  

agree. but when ur watching a kid get pummeled like couch did back in the day you might think to yourself........hmmmmmm.......seen this movie before.

secondary is terrible, i don't care what anyone says. if this is a rebuild, which every here says it is (still going on since '99) then start by either protecting ur QB, now that u've figured out how to stop the opp's run game. protect as in OL and a serious running game.

i'm betting the FO will go vs everything they believe in because of pressure and draft rosen.......who'll just be the backup tackling dummy to kizer.

47 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Foo poop wears well.

We also wear the poop of being the very first team in NFL history to start back to back seasons 0-10.

I thought the '76-77 Bucs lost their first 26 games of existence? Went 0-14 in '76, then lost their first 12 games of '77 before winning the last two?

3 hours ago, miktoxic said:

agree. but when ur watching a kid get pummeled like couch did back in the day you might think to yourself........hmmmmmm.......seen this movie before.

secondary is terrible, i don't care what anyone says. if this is a rebuild, which every here says it is (still going on since '99) then start by either protecting ur QB, now that u've figured out how to stop the opp's run game. protect as in OL and a serious running game.

i'm betting the FO will go vs everything they believe in because of pressure and draft rosen.......who'll just be the backup tackling dummy to kizer.

So your beef is with the OL, not the defense.

23 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Yes but the Bucs were an expansion team then too. The record I heard included that. I didn't...oops

There'a also an 80's Houston Oiler team in that two consecutive 0-10 start mix.

This is funny because the browns are the only team in the AFCN to give Jax a fight.

Steelers, Rats, and Bungholes all got spanked by this Jax team.

Quote from Hue a few weeks ago:
Everything has got to be perfect for us to have a chance to win a football game,” he said after the Browns fell to 0-8. “

That's right Hue "having a chance" is exactly what you got. Could have won that game.

6 minutes ago, StinkHole said:

This is funny because the browns are the only team in the AFCN to give Jax a fight.

Quote from Hue a few weeks ago:
Everything has got to be perfect for us to have a chance to win a football game,” he said after the Browns fell to 0-8. “

That's right Hue "having a chance" is exactly what you got. Could have won that game.

Could have won 3-4 games....including Pittsburgh.   But some fuyuckup always occurs that causes them to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.  Several coaching fuyuckups,  the QB fuyucks up, the defense fuyucks up.   They have probably "had a chance" in over half their games.

24 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Could have won 3-4 games....including Pittsburgh.   But some fuyuckup always occurs that causes them to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.  Several coaching fuyuckups,  the QB fuyucks up, the defense fuyucks up.   They have probably "had a chance" in over half their games.

Yes, but what will I do for laughs if the Browns start playing real football instead of the weekly follies? Just too entertaining to guess what will go wrong next.:lol:

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Thumbs up just for putting Toy Story. Great trilogy.

3 hours ago, StinkHole said:

I am so embarrassed that it took you to point this out...

... but thanks anyway... ;) ... and, WTH, Happy Thanksgiving.

Archived