THE BROWNS BOARD

Harbaugh/michigan working on lifetime deal

Clevfan4life

I think we can all acknowledge michigan isnt the joke that its been in prior years since harbaugh arrived. In a year or two michigan could be a top program again and that last game if the year means something again. A strong michigan program is good for osu. Big 10 in general is coming back and thats good. The days if 2-3 loss SEC teams being in the national championship discussion are seemingly over

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

In his 3rd season they have beaten OSU never and MSU once.  This season they have injury excuses but as an OSU fan I hope they keep him and his social awkwardness forever.

Be careful what you wish for, he has upgraded the program from what it was beating OSU & MSU will come.......maybe not today. :D

........oh they just said OSU has won 12 of last 13, that's not all Harbaugh at all.

16 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Hairball is now 0-3 vs Urban.

I think thats more on his qb than him. I didnt think there was a starting qb in all of college football that would irritate and exassperate me more if the browns acquired him than Jt barrett the 4th. Today i saw theres always someone worse. 

Woody are u ok?

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

I think thats more on his qb than him. I didnt think there was a starting qb in all of college football that would irritate and exassperate me more if the browns acquired him than Jt barrett the 4th. Today i saw theres always someone worse. 

Woody are u ok?

It's a good thing "m" didn't have a top flight QB today with that defense team.  Oh BTW the Buckeyes QB was hurt too......by a cart on the sidelines. 

Oh boy, where to start

- Harbaugh called the lifetime contract "fake news" today. Take that for what you will.

- We'd do it to combat negative recruiting. Even though Harbaugh has given zero signs of leaving, that hadn't stopped the media from fanning the flames. ESPN was talking about Harbaugh to UCLA last week. It can't help recruiting when other coaches can just keep saying Harbaugh will be gone soon and then point to the rumors and media. 

- I would for sure sign him to a lifetime contract. He's the best coach we're gonna get /, regardless of the flukiest lost to MSU ever and a literal inch (plus questionable at best calls) on the road at OSU. I would be all for it, since it really isn't "Lifetime". Just something to shut the rumors up.

- The game today, damn. Youngest team in the country with our top LT, wr and top two QBs out. The last one got us. If we just had average QB play we win that game. It's a damn shame. 

- QB recruiting was one of Hokes biggest weakspots, and here it is popping up to screw us. Harbaugh has plenty of young talent coming in (or already here) so we should have more depth soon. I've never seen one player lose a game as much as O'Korn did today. 

- overall, very disappointing. We had it to win, and terrible injury luck and problems from the old regime took it from us. Obviously we played above expectations, but moral victories run short. No, Harbaugh isn't on the hit seat. No matter the stats without context you provide.

I'm gonna head out from this gas station in Maumee, get on the turnpike, and head home now. 

Hey Woody look at the bright side they're getting closer to THE great OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY,  and they will improve. ;)

Now will the Buckeyes still make the Final Four? We need real playoffs!

The biggest problem concerning Harbaugh and recruiting is that it's common knowledge he burns bridges where ever he goes. There weren't a lot of people upset when he left Stanford and the 49ers, apparently. His next season at TTUN will be his fourth, correct?

Correct. And there were a lot of people that weren't happy when he left Stanford and SF...

The ownership didn't like him there. And we're seeing how their decision played out

Every other move was a move up. You could even argue the 49ers to Michigan was. 

The "he burns bridges" angle is very overblown

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Correct. And there were a lot of people that weren't happy when he left Stanford and SF...

The ownership didn't like him there. And we're seeing how their decision played out

Every other move was a move up. You could even argue the 49ers to Michigan was. 

The "he burns bridges" angle is very overblown

Well if there was a place I would think he'd want to stay at long-term, it would be where he's at now.

But his relationship with Stanford and the 49ers isn't exactly a secret.

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well if there was a place I would think he'd want to stay at long-term, it would be where he's at now.

But his relationship with Stanford and the 49ers isn't exactly a secret.

The 49ers front office and some pros that thigbt he was working them too hard, like Boone. While other pros like Gore loved the guy.

Not sure what you're saying happened at Stanford, since he left for a better job

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The 49ers front office and some pros that thigbt he was working them too hard, like Boone. While other pros like Gore loved the guy.

Not sure what you're saying happened at Stanford, since he left for a better job

I'm still looking for it, but I recall reading something (I think when he took the UM job) alluding to the fact that there wasn't many upset people at Stanford when he left. I did find this tidbit though...

“Jim is nuts, but it’s a different kind of nuts,'' said a former teammate of Harbaugh's on the Indianapolis Colts who requested anonymity. "Once he focuses on something, he won’t let go of it. It makes him a great coach at a place in the short term, but it’s why he’s a disaster of a coach when he’s in one place too long."

Don't get me wrong, he's an excellent coach. But he's hard to work for/with.

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep. Our 2nd string, freshman, Peter's, got a concussion last week. 

And we weren't going to burn McCaffrey's redshirt 

Yeah maybe they should have. Honest to god when okorn threw that ball i was like oh no woody!! Haha. Cause ur the only michigan fan i know. It was that cringy....both me and my old man were like ouch. We both felt bad it ended like that. Would have preferred michigan go down swinging, not on a bed shtting like that. Painful. 

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah maybe they should have. Honest to god when okorn threw that ball i was like oh no woody!! Haha. Cause ur the only michigan fan i know. It was that cringy....both me and my old man were like ouch. We both felt bad it ended like that. Would have preferred michigan go down swinging, not on a bed shtting like that. Painful. 

Yeah the reaction in the student section wasn't great either. It was an option route. The WR made the right read and O'Korn didn't...

When you are at the shoe next year.  Harbaugh will be in Indy coaching Luck and the colts. 

He cant win in wish again.  No can. It’s a dead end job

Archived