THE BROWNS BOARD

what I'd like to see from this organization going forward....

Tacosman

1) I'd like to see a little more innovation, a little more thinking outside the box, a little more forward thinking.  

2) I'd like to see a little less cliche speak.(such as I use in point 1 ha)

3) I'd like to see more hits and fewer misses in the draft.  

4) I'd like to see less foot in mouth disease.  

5) I'd like to see fewer completely wasted draft picks in the first 3 rounds

So...you’d like the browns to find their QB? I agree. 

The misses in the draft are largely overblown, as this FO has been drafting talented athletes.   It may not be showing up yet because they’ve been passing on QBs to get guys like Garrett, Ogbah, 2 Colemans, Njoku, peppers, Ogunjobi, etc. apart from injuries, all of those guys are looking like they’ll develop into solid nfl starters at least. In the case of Garrett and Ogbah, those dudes are fuking beasts. 

Ogbah ended his season this year third place in the league on tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage and was the highest rated DE against the run.  IIRC the radio broadcast mentioned that Coleman was the first guy to score a TD on Jalen Ramsey all season long.  Injuries are something that no team can predict, which is why there is an emphasis on getting as many quality picks as possible. 

P.s. who gives a Fuk what the front office says? Sashi could come out every week and fart into a kazoo as long as they find a QB who pans out. 

QB is important, but that's not the only position.

Yes, we lost to the Lions but looking at their team statistics they give up both more passing yards [and yards per attempt] and rushing yards [and yards per attempt] -- meaning that our D is better than them in every category.  This is only possible because..... our players are better than theirs, thanks directly to the work of the current FO.  [And this is true.. their LB's are all terrible, their DL other than Ansah are barely replacement level, their DB other than Slay/Quin are both "poor" on PFF ] As well, they have someone named Stafford -- and how many super bowls has he won even when he had Megatron?

Can't predict injury, can't predict all draft busts even if the selection was a good one -- this is a marathon not a sprint.  I really don't understand how people expect more after only 2 years when the starting position is a bunch of barely-above-average players.

Does it make life feel safer or more in our control to make the simplifying assumption that "Some Person X Could Have" done a better job?  [a football guy! a different GM! an OC!] Because that desire for a savior.... is a fallacy which is never truly examined.  We've never had a savior since 1999 so why would it be reasonable to assert that person exists now?

20 hours ago, Tacosman said:

I'd like to see...., a little more thinking outside the box,

The Harvard Think Tank design isn't far enough outside the box for ya?  Perhaps we need someone that knows what goes on 'inside the box' too.

23 hours ago, Tacosman said:

1) I'd like to see a little more innovation, a little more thinking outside the box, a little more forward thinking.  

seems like they tried that with this stupid analytics rubbish.

2) I'd like to see a little less cliche speak.(such as I use in point 1 ha)

like what and what's the difference?

3) I'd like to see more hits and fewer misses in the draft.  

no shite. Wouldn't we all?

4) I'd like to see less foot in mouth disease.  

see number two response

5) I'd like to see fewer completely wasted draft picks in the first 3 rounds

isn't that about the same as number 3?

WSS

spend the millions in salary cap money they keep hording

pay John Gruden make him the highest paid coach ever in the NFL

clean the house-remove all those players just collecting a check who don't give a Sheet

fire Hue ,

let Gruden and Williams get in players faces and light a fire in their asses

put football people in the FO

On 11/24/2017 at 5:51 PM, Tour2ma said:

I have given this reply a depth of thought commensurate with the OP...

Lol. I was thinking about how to respond to this garbage but I’ll just stand with you. 

Tacos, please tell me this was a troll and these aren’t your actual ideas. 

What I would like to see, 

Get NFL football people to run the team 

Get NFL football people to run the draft

Stop trying to outsmart everyone that’s been doing the NFL for years

Just run the team like good NFL teams are run 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I know who just might make a good talent evaluator too.

bernie-kosar-cleveland-browns-authentic-puma-stitched-throwback-size-medium-jersey-33.jpg

What I want to see? I want us to take the top rated QB with our first pick (Probably Rosen, but Lamar Jackson is so tantalizing, although probably not 1st pick worthy). 

I want to see us NOT trade down in first round. Take the best player available at a position of need. Not that difficult. 

I want to see us use all 3 of our 2nd round picks and not trade them or use them to move up. 

I want to bring in a veteran QB. 

I want to cut Britt and bring in a young WR in free agency who still wants to play. 

I want an offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson and Gregg to stay, and Sashi demoted from GM. Then I want another GM brought in who has SOME type of experience. 

We do that, and I'm happy. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

What I want to see? I want us to take the top rated QB with our first pick (Probably Rosen, but Lamar Jackson is so tantalizing, although probably not 1st pick worthy). 

I want to see us NOT trade down in first round. Take the best player available at a position of need. Not that difficult. 

I want to see us use all 3 of our 2nd round picks and not trade them or use them to move up. 

I want to bring in a veteran QB. 

I want to cut Britt and bring in a young WR in free agency who still wants to play. 

I want an offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson and Gregg to stay, and Sashi demoted from GM. Then I want another GM brought in who has SOME type of experience. 

We do that, and I'm happy. 

IF the Browns FO has any kind of competency they will continue to add veterans back into this team through FA like they did last off-season AND they will use this draft to find ways to drop in about 5 really great players and not trade out like the prior two years. NOW is the time to play the game for NEXT YEAR and not for all the other next years in which they will all be gone IF the continue down the moneyball course. It got us in position so NOW is the time to pull the trigger. No more f'n around. That includes a real gameday coach and/or OC. Hue staying both will subtract 4 wins a year minimum.

BTW get us a really great pass rushing twin for Garrett who can also hold the edge on the run game. Ogbah is good enough to be part of the rotation, but not good enough to dominate the other side. Denver is best when Von has one of those on the other end.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, Tour2ma said:

since you've yet to develop a thought here that wasn't based on corporate cliché speak mixed with sunshine pumping, I'll take this as a complement. 

12 hours ago, wargograw said:

Lol. I was thinking about how to respond to this garbage but I’ll just stand with you. 

Tacos, please tell me this was a troll and these aren’t your actual ideas. 

well, seeing as how you are a troll I could see how ideas like a different approach and actually drafting good players who add value(instead of grabbing at shiny garbage like Peppers in the first round) would offend you. 

Just now, BaconHound said:

I'd just like to see more competent drafts and less "we know something the other 31 teams don't"

we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

1 minute ago, Tacosman said:

we don't do things 'different' than 31 other teams....we just do the dumb crap that really bad organizations do. 

Again, there is nothing novel or different about our approach lately.  except we super suck. 

Both Peppers and Njoku were projects that this organization thought they had a plan for.  To this point neither appear to be NFL ready or competent.

34 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

Yes we do things different. We trade down and avoid drafting good QBs. Other team trade up to get good QBs 

Watching this Kamara kid - a 3rd round pick for the Saints, I'd like to see the organization pick better players with each and every pick....... That's all. 

13 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Depo poo-poo as much admitted- we're really dumb, that's why we need more picks than anyone. 

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

IF the Browns FO has any kind of competency they will continue to add veterans back into this team through FA like they did last off-season AND they will use this draft to find ways to drop in about 5 really great players and not trade out like the prior two years. NOW is the time to play the game for NEXT YEAR and not for all the other next years in which they will all be gone IF the continue down the moneyball course. It got us in position so NOW is the time to pull the trigger. No more f'n around. That includes a real gameday coach and/or OC. Hue staying both will subtract 4 wins a year minimum.

We're in the position to be historically bad. Why stop now? 

On 11/24/2017 at 6:51 PM, Tour2ma said:

Are you saying nothing? Or do you have something to respond on the proper steps to put out the dumpster fire? Stay the course? Muhahaha- You can't be serious. Not after today. Tour, today I really don't know where to point the rocket launcher at first. Not like I didn't fully expect to lose to the Bungles- and how sad is that? 0-16 here we come. 

The last 2 teams to trade up to get their Qb have the 2 best records in the league. 

We trade down to avoid drafting a top Qb. And we are 1-26

Fire everyone

11 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Houston & Chicago?

Sorry I should’ve said in the 2016 draft

Not to mention the Browns trading down so Houston could take Watson

our FO is afraid to take a Qb high, because they know they have ZERO clue on what a good Qb is

they just keep taking QBs later so they won’t have to worry about that guy sucking

4 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Sorry I should’ve said in the 2016 draft

Not to mention the Browns trading down so Houston could take Watson

our FO is afraid to take a Qb high, because they know they have ZERO clue on what a good Qb is

they just keep taking QBs later so they won’t have to worry about that guy sucking

I agree 2016 looks bad right now and I'm not a fan of this front office but this is the make or break year for me on the front office.  If they don't draft a QB or sign a Cousins type free agent, they should go.  If they do draft a QB they should suffer the same fate as the QB.

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

I agree 2016 looks bad right now and I'm not a fan of this front office but this is the make or break year for me on the front office.  If they don't draft a QB or sign a Cousins type free agent, they should go.  If they do draft a QB they should suffer the same fate as the QB.

The problem is they should have done it 2 years ago

Sashi said he learned from his mistakes. But yet he traded down AGAIN and passed on a good Qb last year

I sure as hell don’t trust him to pick the correct guy 1st in this upcoming draft. 

The guy has had 3 chances to get us a good Qb.  And he has failed all 3 times

If it was my team, I sure would not let him try that pick again 

10 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Well, reading your last sentence says it all. If you deplete a team, you don't draft a QB because he hasn't many chances to look any good, and a first round QB who underperforms usually gets the FO fired or at least in a bad spot to begin with.

That's why I understand that they decided to focus on the rest of the roster to draft high a QB in year 3 or 4, when the cast around the QB (both on defense and offense) would look better. Being this a QB-full draft makes it even more reasonable drafting a QB in 2nd round with your 4th pick in 2017. If he works, you're a genius, if he doesn't, well, he's a 4th pick in middle of the second round.

Ironically, I think that Kizer is not the main reason for the last 3-4 losses, and he has improved his game (though he was playing like Sheet in the beginning of the season). 

Anyway, I hope they finally make an aggresive move in the QB position this offseason (draft and FA). 

Archived