THE BROWNS BOARD

Fix the line fix the team

Babernakle

Real simple fix the offensive line and the team will win.  I don't want the hear how much there paid or there playing good this year.  Fact is they suck.  So no running back no qbs no Dbs in the draft. Real simple in the draft and FA build a line. not a good line an elite line.  One that rivals the cowboys or philly.  Do that and they win with almost any qb.

That's doesn't mean there good.  How can you fans not get this.  The line is bad by all accounts.  They are not good at anything.  Ok so if there so good name me the last time the browns had a 3000 yard passer and an 1000 yard runner in the same year 

14 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

That's doesn't mean there good.  How can you fans not get this.  The line is bad by all accounts.  They are not good at anything.  Ok so if there so good name me the last time the browns had a 3000 yard passer and an 1000 yard runner in the same year 

Probably the last time we had a QB play the whole year

Anyone here knows ive been so mad about our o line play for so long my phone would get hot when i typed about em. So i dont want to hear im some kind sunshine homer when i say the o line isnt performing that badly. They're certainly not even close to our biggest concerns. Remember drangos first gamevreplacing joe? Who was that coming off the right side that drango pretty much smothered all day? The nfl's sack leader i beleive, lemme check here....

NAME TEAM SACK
1 C. Jones, LB ARI 12.0
  E. Griffen, DE MIN 12.0
3 D. Lawrence, DE DAL 11.5
  C. Campbell, DE JAX 11.5
5 J. Bosa, DE LAC 10.5
6 C. Jordan, DE NO 10.0
  Y. Ngakoue, DE JAX 10.0
8 C. Heyward, DE PIT 9.0
  R. Kerrigan, LB WSH 9.0
10 J. Houston, LB KC 8.5
  V. Miller, LB DEN 8.5
  M. Ingram, LB LAC 8.5
  J. Peppers, DE CAR 8.5
14 J. Clowney, DE HOU 8.0
  C. Wake, DE MIA 8.0
  A. Clayborn, DE ATL 8.0
17 M. Bennett, DE SEA 7.5
  M. Addison, DE CAR 7.5
  T. Suggs, LB BAL 7.5
20 A. Hicks, DE CHI 7.0
  B. Graham, DE PHI 7.0
  N. Perry, LB GB 7.0
  D. Morgan, LB TEN 7.0
  C. Lawson, LB CIN 7.0
25 K. Mack, DE OAK 6.5
  J. Pierre-Paul, DE NYG 6.5
  G. Atkins, DT CIN 6.5
  A. Zettel, DT DET 6.5
  D. Fowler Jr., DE JAX 6.5
30 V. Williams, LB PIT  

31 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Wow... 

This team lacks playmakers, on both sides of the ball. Too many TOs on offense, and not enough on D. Plus, no redzone production.

Both lines are just fine...

The point is they do nothing well no part of the browns is elite. If they build an elite o-line then everyone benefits. Qb plays better the rbs run better and Clevelands aren't half bad plus as Dallas did last year they played keep away and limited the opposing offense to less drives making up for some defensive shortcomings.  Build an elite line and the qb will come.  If wentz played for the browns he would probably be hurt and not have great numbers. 

6 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

The point is they do nothing well no part of the browns is elite. If they build an elite o-line then everyone benefits. Qb plays better the rbs run better and Clevelands aren't half bad plus as Dallas did last year they played keep away and limited the opposing offense to less drives making up for some defensive shortcomings.  Build an elite line and the qb will come.  If wentz played for the browns he would probably be hurt and not have great numbers. 

You're really just wrong... most advanced stats have our Oline ranked higher than Philly (hard to compare olines without looking at some of these numbers). Our run blocking is top 10 and our pass protection is good, but gets knocked bc Kizer takes too many sacks. 

Kizer has had PLENTY of time all year to deliver the football, but has not been able to. Check the INT numbers... might have a little more negative impact on our record than our above-average Oline...

32 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

RB's don't run better when they have piss poor vision. Ala Crow. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

O line aint half bad.

Accurate statement...

Bito is back and were Joe beside him our left side would be "elite".

Tretter has stabilized the Center position and has improved as the season has progressed... just as a player returning from injury should.

Zeitler, playing at an average level, has been a disappointment.

S. Coleman had a bad day Sunday. His footwork was way below the level he has shown he's capable of this season.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Accurate statement...

Bito is back and were Joe beside him our left side would be "elite".

Tretter has stabilized the Center position and has improved as the season has progressed... just as a player returning from injury should.

Zeitler, playing at an average level, has been a disappointment.

S. Coleman had a bad day Sunday. His footwork was way below the level he has shown he's capable of this season.

U if all people know how critical ive been of the o line, we've gone back and forth for years now about that. For me to say they aint half bad is literally getting the old man down the block who yells get off my lawn all the time to say something nice

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh.... I took it as a complement. Just fleshed out the argument some.

I know. Just saying if im acknowledging the o line, based on how brutal i was with them in years past......u cant call me no sunshine boy, not with the o line nope. I think a year or two ago i was so exassperated i wanted everything to joes right fired immediately and without notice. 

3 hours ago, thenew23 said:

You're really just wrong... most advanced stats have our Oline ranked higher than Philly (hard to compare olines without looking at some of these numbers). Our run blocking is top 10 and our pass protection is good, but gets knocked bc Kizer takes too many sacks. 

Kizer has had PLENTY of time all year to deliver the football, but has not been able to. Check the INT numbers... might have a little more negative impact on our record than our above-average Oline...

You can take the advanced statistics and the browns money ball front office and shove it the eye test says there not very good I see the commentators see it the talking heads see it and and coach that talks about the browns sees it there just not good. Now that doesn't mean they don't have a few good players but there blew average. 

2 hours ago, Babernakle said:

You can take the advanced statistics and the browns money ball front office and shove it the eye test says there not very good I see the commentators see it the talking heads see it and and coach that talks about the browns sees it there just not good. Now that doesn't mean they don't have a few good players but there blew average. 

Ahh... the miraculous "eye test". How could I have been so dumb...?

I get it, the Depodesta hire has invalidated all statistics in the eyes of many Browns fans... sad

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Easy question - when the ball is snapped, and you count to 10... if the QB is sacked at 10, is it the Olines fault?

I'd say no.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the o-line.  They've been fine and the majority of sacks have been either on Kizer holding the ball too long or Kessler looking like a high school kid back there.    That and Crow doesn't run very well unless it's a giant hole.

8 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Real simple fix the offensive line and the team will win.

Nope.  We'll need a QB for that.

Our OL is missing a couple of pieces, sure (one got hurt)...but they're good enough where a good QB and a couple of receivers could make them look really good.

We don't scare anyone with the pass so our OL has to block a LOT of guys.

Archived