THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon made 10k/month selling weed at Baylor

Adoug319

Lol, he’s letting it all out of the bag now.

He also would chug Mad Dog before his HS games just to see if he could dominate while drunk.

He was the best receiver in the NFL while high and drunk during games... could a sober Gordon be the greatest WR of all time? 

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/josh-gordon-drank-vodka-in-minute-maid-bottles-during-class-in-high-school-and-made-10000-a-month-selling-weed-in-college/?_branch_match_id=464162183714466561

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

He was the best receiver in the NFL while high and drunk during games... could a sober Gordon be the greatest WR of all time? 

..... or maybe that was his spinach? We'll find out soon enough if he's Popeye or Olive Oil. 

19 minutes ago, D Bone said:

..... or maybe that was his spinach? We'll find out soon enough if he's Popeye or Olive Oil. 

or Wimpy. I'm gladly pay you Tuesday for a toke today?

Wimpy-From-Popeye.jpg

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So he admits to a felony drug charge and the Browns welcome him.  What a f u c k e d  up organization.

We didn't all grow up choir boys. I'd speculate that more than just me on this board had some degree of across the line entrepreneurial endeavors in our pasts. 

If you drink and smoke a lot, it is just a question of time that you start selling. 

You have an addiction that you need to pay for, probably your economy will be affected and you know the environment/the people. 

For me, it only shows that he really wants to make a change. If you're depressed and you are once again into your addiction, the last thing you want is to be in the public eye. He needs to redeem himself in some way for the things he has done and start all over again.

Anybody else starting to think that Josh has talked his way out of playing football for us?  With all of these stunning revelations, I'm not sure we're going to give him the chance.  From what I understand, we haven't officially "activated" the guy yet.  I heard we'd do that Friday....IF we do it at all.  This all just seems so surreal.

17 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Anybody else starting to think that Josh has talked his way out of playing football for us?  With all of these stunning revelations, I'm not sure we're going to give him the chance.  From what I understand, we haven't officially "activated" the guy yet.  I heard we'd do that Friday....IF we do it at all.  This all just seems so surreal.

They will be activating him. Even if they have no intentions of keeping him on the team, Sashi and Co. would want to create some sort of market for him to be traded. 

Yeah, I agree.  I just wish he'd kind of put a lid on it, ya know?  Just play football!  He worked so hard to get back...just get on the field.  LOL

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

WR desperation? Panic over looking at an 0-16 season? 

Personally I'd hate to see the added media circus it would bring to Cleveland. Another thing I imagine JG would have to be slotted into the minimum wage salary bracket.....which isn't the same as the McDonald's minimum wage brackets. :lol:

This should be interesting no matter what.

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Isn't part of any program being honest about your past? That we are hearing things we've never heard before would seem to be part of some cleansing.

But cleansing or not, I wondered about legal implications of this info. Under Texas' drug laws there may not be any:

Statute of Limitations in Texas

The statute of limitations exist to ensure criminals are trialed within a set period of time. Almost all charges have a statute of limitation, with the exception of manslaughter, murder, sexual assault, offenses against children, leaving the scene of an accident that resulted in death and trafficking people. The statute of limitation for drug charges varies. If it is a “victimless” crime, which would be the case under a possession charge for instance, the statute of limitations is three years. If, however, the charge involves supplying a controlled substance to a minor, the statute of limitation does not apply. Furthermore, it is important to understand that the statute of limitation can be officially tolled or suspended if the alleged perpetrator is out of state, in prison or otherwise unable to stand trial.

That said, at a gross profit of $10k per month, I'm pretty sure the IRS will want to interview Josh at some future date.

Speaking of income... word is that Josh's agent has been shopping a book and/or movie deal on his story. The good news for us is that the story needs a successful return to NFL prominence to really sell.

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, I agree.  I just wish he'd kind of put a lid on it, ya know?

A pun?

On 11/28/2017 at 7:07 PM, Nero said:

If you drink and smoke a lot, it is just a question of time that you start selling. 

You have an addiction that you need to pay for, probably your economy will be affected and you know the environment/the people. 

For me, it only shows that he really wants to make a change. If you're depressed and you are once again into your addiction, the last thing you want is to be in the public eye. He needs to redeem himself in some way for the things he has done and start all over again.

Exactly. If you're smoking alot of weed, selling means your stuff is free. 

As far as legal implications, the IRS or Feds would need proof, and they have bigger fish they're after than a small time (supposedly reformed) drug dealer.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:17 PM, Adoug319 said:

Lol, he’s letting it all out of the bag now.

He also would chug Mad Dog before his HS games just to see if he could dominate while drunk.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/josh-gordon-drank-vodka-in-minute-maid-bottles-during-class-in-high-school-and-made-10000-a-month-selling-weed-in-college/?_branch_match_id=464162183714466561

The amazing thing about Josh with this all coming out is you REALLY have to wonder how much research Tom Heckert did when he drafted him. I'd think no NFL GM in their right mind would have touched him with a 10 foot pole if they had known 1\2 this stuff.

EDIT: And a further question would be how much of this did the Browns know? 

Archived