THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon made 10k/month selling weed at Baylor

Adoug319

34 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Pretty sure "admissions" constitute proof... unless you are on a hot mic and in a bus.

We'll let our resident Magistrate tell us if that's admissible in court...  I have a feeling it's not.... 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We'll let our resident Magistrate tell us if that's admissible in court...  I have a feeling it's not.... 

I will wait to rule until when he comes before me in Doylestown Mayor's Court.

And he would not be the first "celebrity"  that I would have had to deal with:

Dean Chance...former Cy Young Award winner...I think his license was suspended. Very nice man. Died a couple of years ago.

Maverick Carter.....LeBron's associate.   Had him before me 3 times in Norton...all for speeding (very high rates....like 75 in a 35). When LeBron lived in Wadsworth he always had to go through Norton.  I had to give him a "friendly" lecture the last time, noting that his fairly bright future could be deterred if he wrapped himself around a telephone pole or pile drived another car and killed someone going those speeds. He may have actually taken it to heart. Each time he was pleasant to deal with. 

Jeff Phelps.....Sportscaster.  Had him in Norton.  Now does radio and Cavs TV.  He was not pleasant to deal with. He thought it was an affront that the police would actually stop him for going 15-20 miles over the speed limit.

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I will wait to rule until when he comes before me in Doylestown Mayor's Court.

And he would not be the first "celebrity"  that I would have had to deal with:

Dean Chance...former Cy Young Award winner...I think his license was suspended. Very nice man. Died a couple of years ago.

Maverick Carter.....LeBron's associate.   Had him before me 3 times in Norton...all for speeding (very high rates....like 75 in a 35). When LeBron lived in Wadsworth he always had to go through Norton.  I had to give him a "friendly" lecture the last time, noting that his fairly bright future could be deterred if he wrapped himself around a telephone pole or pile drived another car and killed someone going those speeds. He may have actually taken it to heart. Each time he was pleasant to deal with. 

Jeff Phelps.....Sportscaster.  Had him in Norton.  Now does radio and Cavs TV.  He was not pleasant to deal with. He thought it was an affront that the police would actually stop him for going 15-20 miles over the speed limit.

Wasn't exactly my question Gip. Let me clarify. So if someone says to a reporter- "hey, I sold drugs three years ago" can that statement be used in court? 

Just now, Tour2ma said:

a/k/a... being a lawyer.... lol

I have a cousin who's a doctor and does the same.

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Wasn't exactly my question Gip. Let me clarify. So if someone says to a reporter- "hey, I sold drugs three years ago" can that statement be used in court? 

Your question is:  is it admissible in court.  The answer is:  it depends.  Why are you in court?  And who are the parties to this action?  

If JG were the defendant, being charged with selling drugs and this reporter...we will call him Walter Cronkite... is on the witness stand it would be admissible.  (The defendant told me "yada yada").  

If YOU were the witness....and you said that "Walter Cronkite told me that Josh Gordon told him that he sold drugs three years ago"   that would be hearsay...and inadmissible. 

Now you must recompense me for my legal advice.    You can give me (or more precisely...you can give me on behalf of my wife)  your best bottle of Reisling or Gerwurtztrameiner. (sp).  Next time I see you.

16 minutes ago, Nero said:

And that, kids, is how you avoid a simple direct question. Lol.

And YOU Sir, now owe me a bottle of some of your top Spanish wine. 

I will defer to Hoorta for his advice on that.  Yours can be a red.

So, Larry, which bottle of Spanish red does Nero owe me?

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I will defer to Hoorta for his advice on that.  Yours can be a red.

So, Larry, which bottle of Spanish red does Nero owe me?

Rioja would be good... so many to chose from. I'm not huge on Spanish white wines, sort of scarce on the shelves at my local wine merchant...   

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Rioja would be good... so many to chose from. I'm not huge on Spanish white wines, sort of scarce on the shelves at my local wine merchant...   

Traitor. 

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I surely will pay you with the cheapest Rioja wine under a false label whenever I go to the USA. I don't see it happening anytime soon, maybe 4-5 years.

39 minutes ago, Nero said:

Traitor. 

I surely will pay you with the cheapest Rioja wine under a false label whenever I go to the USA. I don't see it happening anytime soon, maybe 4-5 years.

A.  Why would Hoorta be a "traitor" because he mentioned a Rioja wine?   Is that not made in Spain?  (or is it Catalonian?)

B. And oh, no.  They have this thing called the internet now where you can make your purchases and have them delivered.....so I will expect to see a Christmas package on its way to me.

Alternatively....if Hoorta accepts you designation of him as a traitor  (for whatever reason)....you can designate his penance to be that on your behalf and in lieu of such other penalty for his sedition, he shall deliver to me a top quality Rioja at the same time he delivers his top Reisling to me. 

Fair enough?

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

A.  Why would Hoorta be a "traitor" because he mentioned a Rioja wine?   Is that not made in Spain?  (or is it Catalonian?)

B. And oh, no.  They have this thing called the internet now where you can make your purchases and have them delivered.....so I will expect to see a Christmas package on its way to me.

Alternatively....if Hoorta accepts you designation of him as a traitor  (for whatever reason)....you can designate his penance to be that on your behalf and in lieu of such other penalty for his sedition, he shall deliver to me a top quality Rioja at the same time he delivers his top Reisling to me. 

Fair enough?

Hoorta is a traitor since I tried to help him out getting you to answer the question and he paid me back giving you advice on what I should pay you with.

I guess this is the way you get all your law deals done... 

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

Hoorta is a traitor since I tried to help him out getting you to answer the question and he paid me back giving you advice on what I should pay you with.

I guess this is the way you get all your law deals done... 

Just to be clear....you BOTH owe me.    And you need to payup or your kneecaps will.:angry:

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Just to be clear....you BOTH owe me.    And you need to payup or your kneecaps will.:angry:

I'm not familiar with the American/English justice terminology, so I would consider my request correctly delivered if I received a proper Spanish translation.

And I'm going to have to look in the dictionary for 'kneecaps', too.

:)

8 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Anybody else starting to think that Josh has talked his way out of playing football for us?  With all of these stunning revelations, I'm not sure we're going to give him the chance.  From what I understand, we haven't officially "activated" the guy yet.  I heard we'd do that Friday....IF we do it at all.  This all just seems so surreal.

Just confirmed. He's starting this Sunday.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:12 PM, tiamat63 said:

That boy robbing DB's too.  

UR so black ur purple.

you being josh gordon.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:03 AM, wargograw said:

Never smoked weed once in my life, still welcoming Josh back with open arms. 

Morality police of football teams are the lamest people in the world.

unless it's ray rice and the ravens.

yeah, you go into biz with a pot head selling weed or an alcoholic opening a liquor store.

been there. done that. still scraping the Sheet off my boots after 20 years.....

everything is a laugh and a puff nowadays while gordon and people like him take ur money, do nothing, show no respect towards anything given them and you continue to view them as some type of flippin god.

if not for a ball and grass the dude would be on his butt.

suckers.

5 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm not familiar with the American/English justice terminology, so I would consider my request correctly delivered if I received a proper Spanish translation.

Urban dictionary, kneecap:

1. to shoot someone in the kneecap 

2. to stifle someone or something
They were arrested after they were caught attempting to kneecap a homeless man and now face a trial for assault.

When a person is shot in both knees, rendering them unable to walk. 

Used to be a favourite move for the IRA, but they gave up when orthopedics became good at putting knees back together. 

Oh yeah, and a kneecap is the joint between your femur and shin bones..
"Hey man, I'll kneecap 'em for you!"

Kneecaps:
a nickname for someone short
we call him kneecaps because someone wants to saw off his legs and attach his feet to his "kneecaps"

13 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, I agree.  I just wish he'd kind of put a lid on it, ya know?  Just play football!  He worked so hard to get back...just get on the field.  LOL

These stories don't do anything to make him less appealing. We were aware he had major issues. The more he reveals, the more he's gotten over. No big deal.

46 minutes ago, wargograw said:

These stories don't do anything to make him less appealing. We were aware he had major issues. The more he reveals, the more he's gotten over. No big deal.

Yeah- exactly. Part of the recovery process is being open to revealing how bad you were messing up- maybe not publically, but at least in AA. And Josh was messing up (badly) at an earlier age than any of us had an inkling of- until now. If all this had been general knowledge last fall when he checked into rehab, my guess would have been 99.9% of the board would have said- cut his a$$ now, there's no hope he's ever going to get straight. 

Chris Carter said- sometimes you have to hit the bottom before you know you need help. Josh's light came on earlier this year when he was wandering the streets looking for drugs- probably broke. Yup- if I ever want to play pro football again, gotta do something about it. 

That's the difference between him and Manziel. Johnny can drink & party himself into oblivion with family money- assuming Dad hasn't cut him off yet. (You want to talk about a toxic situation for Gordon?) And can't look himself in a mirror and admit I've got issues.  When you're swigging tequila straight for breakfast- you have issues guy. 

18 hours ago, Nero said:

We sometimes call it:  Going Gilooley on you.   You would be crying like Nancy Kerrigan if you don't pay up.

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Urban dictionary, kneecap:

1. to shoot someone in the kneecap 

2. to stifle someone or something
They were arrested after they were caught attempting to kneecap a homeless man and now face a trial for assault.

When a person is shot in both knees, rendering them unable to walk. 

Used to be a favourite move for the IRA, but they gave up when orthopedics became good at putting knees back together. 

Oh yeah, and a kneecap is the joint between your femur and shin bones..
"Hey man, I'll kneecap 'em for you!"

Kneecaps:
a nickname for someone short
we call him kneecaps because someone wants to saw off his legs and attach his feet to his "kneecaps"

Or, sometimes we just use a retractable police baton.....like Gilooley did.

c700x420.jpg

Point is, this is what Nero could be facing if he doesn't come forth on the vig.

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Or, sometimes we just use a retractable police baton.....like Gilooley did.

Point is, this is what Nero could be facing if he doesn't come forth on the vig.

The vig, oh yeah :lol:

20 hours ago, wargograw said:

These stories don't do anything to make him less appealing. 

They actually DO make him less appealing.

The Ghoul made him out to be a regular guy....that enjoyed smoking week   Ya know like, it's freakin' legal in some states (including mine)....so what's the big deal?   But now we know that he toted a gun around with him as a kid but never shot anyone 'maliciously'.   What's THAT mean.   And that he drank and took drugs before games!   Hey, this ain't your local softball league we're talking about.

Apparently he was NOT just a regular dude...like many of us are or were.  He's a full blown thug!   .....and he seems like he's proud of it.

Do I want him to be a good football player for us?  Sure.  But I sure as hell think of him in a totally different way now that he's revealed that he's just a thug.

I guess you can call me a millennial liberal, but I can understand why he did what he did while he was young and couldn't get out of the pattern when he got older. Now I don't condone drug use, selling drugs, or any of the crimes he committed as a youth, but people have to understand the mind set of kids who grow up in areas like the one Josh did. When he's saying he didn't expect to live until age 18, he most likely thought that before he started gang banging. Kids grow up in those areas surrounded by violence and drugs and they are told and shown from a young age that dealing and joining your local gang is your only option. Yes these kids have the options and abilities to make it out by doing the right things and getting out through school or athletics, but the herd mentality of your local community, friends, and family is a huge factor on how you turn out. Peer pressure is a bitch, and as we know Josh doesn't have the personality to keep people  from influencing him. If Josh had grown up in the suburbs and went to a nice school, I have no doubt we would be talking about him as not only a beacon of positivity in his teams community, and as one of the best players to play the game, but life isn't fair. Hopefully he has truely separated himself from 100% of these negative influences and he keeps his head on straight. For his daughter sake I hope he can do at least that.

4 hours ago, Orion said:

They actually DO make him less appealing.

The Ghoul made him out to be a regular guy....that enjoyed smoking week   Ya know like, it's freakin' legal in some states (including mine)....so what's the big deal?   But now we know that he toted a gun around with him as a kid but never shot anyone 'maliciously'.   What's THAT mean.   And that he drank and took drugs before games!   Hey, this ain't your local softball league we're talking about.

Apparently he was NOT just a regular dude...like many of us are or were.  He's a full blown thug!   .....and he seems like he's proud of it.

Do I want him to be a good football player for us?  Sure.  But I sure as hell think of him in a totally different way now that he's revealed that he's just a thug.

Using Ghoolie as your baseline is the problem.

Well despite how anyone feels or thinks.. I don't think Josh Gordon is an evil person... He just a victim of his own surroundings and his own personal ignorance of himself.. Which at some point. We all are in life. The circumstances and outcomes may not be the same... But everyone goes through at least one if not more than one life altering change and/or experience. All I can say is if your at the bar every night after work swillin down Socktails... You're just much an addict Josh is/was... Whether it's weed, sex,gambling. A fix is a fix.... How far does a person let a fix impact his/her life... My only hope for Josh is he manages his life for himself. To hell with Football.. But I'll embrace him back. He never beat or raped anyone to our knowledge... Or did heinous things with animals. After living with someone who was THIQ alcholic. (More than once) I still have the compassion . I still have hope to see people succeed , and have a chance to do so... If they really mean it.... And thats all I can really add to that.

Archived