THE BROWNS BOARD

Eli Benched

darren15

22 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

Say what you want, but he's got two rings. I'm sure he'll get over it. Maybe joins Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville?

Naaa they are gonna trade him to the chargers :)

Both Colquitt brothers are punters...

It makes no sense having both of them in the same team.

If I'm Eli...I'm demanding a trade to Jacksonville or Arizona or maybe Miami.  He immediately makes all of those teams better.   I'd push for Jacksonville because that division isn't all that great and their defense is pretty legit.   Would immediately make them a contender.

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

If I'm Eli...I'm demanding a trade to Jacksonville or Arizona or maybe Miami.  He immediately makes all of those teams better.   I'd push for Jacksonville because that division isn't all that great and their defense is pretty legit.   Would immediately make them a contender.

Not to mention the Tom Coughlin factor.

I guess Eli had the option to start the game and continue his streak, and he declined. Said it wouldn't be fair to the team to do that for his own personal stats, and that it defeats the whole purpose of the streak to do that. 

Word is they're gonna play Davis Webb at some point too. I'm very interested in seeing him play. 

Under the "let's see what else we have at QB" light I guess a move to Webb can make a little sense, but who doesn't already know what they have in Geno?

23 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Under the "let's see what else we have at QB" light I guess a move to Webb can make a little sense, but who doesn't already know what they have in Geno?

Exactly. Geno Smith is trash. Get Webb in there. Either way Eli is getting disrespected. You bench the guy that lost his 3 top receiver and expect him to win. Along with a horrible line and no running game. McAdoo needs to be fired. What kind of cowpoop is this.

Bleacher Report.......

Benching of Eli Manning Ends an Era for the Giants in the Ugliest Way Possible

......will be back before you know it.

Manning was unceremoniously benched Tuesday afternoon after 14 seasons and 210 consecutive starts. The two-time Super Bowl MVP will be replaced by former tabloid back-page chew toy Geno Smith, a quarterback so inept that he deserved about half of the criticism he received during his Jets tenure.

The Giants have a more likely quarterback of the future on the roster in rookie Davis Webb, but Ben McAdoo, a lame duck whose New Year's Day plans involve updating his LinkedIn page, is now the coaching equivalent of a movie character climbing into the Sockpit of a crashing spaceship and randomly mashing buttons.

32 minutes ago, Alkid3 said:

Exactly. Geno Smith is trash. Get Webb in there. Either way Eli is getting disrespected. You bench the guy that lost his 3 top receiver and expect him to win. Along with a horrible line and no running game. McAdoo needs to be fired. What kind of cowpoop is this.

Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??  

14 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Isn't that EXACTLY Kizer's situation??  

EXACTLY the difference is Eli HAD a highlight reel WR in Odell.....Kiser had/has the three stooges, oh and now the return of weed man. Good luck.

15 hours ago, Mark O said:

They are already a playoff contender....the thing that holds them back is their questionable QB.

Eli could put them into SB contending status....at least imo.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I've never thought that Eli was the guy that could carry a team on his back. Plenty good enough to win with a nice solid surrounding cast but no more then that.

I'm a little disappointed that my boy davis-webb didn't move up rather than perennial suck QB Geno's Pizza roll.

WSS

Every QB needs a solid surrounding cast.   Tom Brady, Ben R.  Aaron Rodgers.

Eli was good enough to win two Super Bowls.   How many people can you say that about?   (Even Rodgers only has the one)

And he beat Tom Brady twice in the SB......who else can that be said about? 

(Brother Peyton...I believe, beat Brady twice in AFC title games...so that distinction is at least kept in the family)

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No... not even close.

Yes true on a talent basis but similar on a situational basis, you don't have a good main go to WR and other team players  it can be bad on a QB. Kizer has 1/100th the NFL QB experience that Eli does.

Oh how long until Eli is back on the field for the Giants, this year?

30 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes true on a talent basis but similar on a situational basis, you don't have a good main go to WR and other team players  it can be bad on a QB. Kizer has 1/100th the NFL QB experience that Eli does.

Oh how long until Eli is back on the field for the Giants, this year?

My guess is not long.

If I recall, Eli will be a FA at season's end.

Archived