Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ L. A. Chargers Game Day Thread***


BrownsDawgPound
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, Browns  fans!   :)  Our Cleveland Browns are the again the first AFC team to be eliminated from the NFL playoff picture at 0-12, but now can still salvage their season, and have a chance to beat the same NFL team they defeated  last season - the 5-6  Chargers - as the Browns make their only regular season road trip and game on the West Coast.   Chargers went up the road from San Diego because of  not securing a new downtown stadium in the past off-season,. Cleveland is making their visit to the L.A.- Orange County area since the Los Angeles Rams defeated our Browns 20-17 at Anaheim Stadium back on Opening Week on September 9, 1984.

Browns has also played an NFL game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum since the L.A. Rams also defeated our Browns 30-17 back on December 16, 1973.

Josh Gordon is finally activated to play after his league and legal issues since November 30,  Gordon has not played an NFL Game since the Browns visited, and lost to the Carolina Panthers by the score of 17-13, in Charlotte, N.C., back on December 21, 2014.  Gordon  caught 4 catches in that game for  45 yards with a long catch of 18 yards.

Cleveland Browns despite being winless leads the NFL in kickoff returns , allowing only 15.25 yards per return, for a total of 122 yards, and an average of 11.1 yards per game, and the longest allowed at 25 yards.

Browns defeated the Chargers in Cleveland's only win of their 2016 season, and last home game, with a 20-17 win back on December 24.  All the game scoring was done in the first three quarters, and the  Chargers missed the game-winning field goal by Josh Lambo as time expired at FirstEnergy Stadium.

Los Angeles and San Diego Chargers though leads the all-time regular season series entering Sunday afternoon with a 15-9-1 record (16-16 tie in 1973).

A mix of sunny and partly cloudy skies of 67 yards is the game forecast inside the Stub Hub Center in Carson, CAL, for the 4:05PM Eastern Standard Time.

NO injuries, be resilient to win your first regular season game in 2017, and GO BROWNS! BELIEVELAND!  ;)  :)  B)  ^_^

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017120310/REG13/browns@charger#menu=gameinf0&tab=preview

http://www.506sports.com

http://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who is going to be Kizer's backup?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

but this is gonna come from both sides. And come hard. 

I'm glad my wife and daughter will be out of the house, as this would get really awkward.... really fast. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

Guy came out early this week. 

Exactly.  The guy has 10 posts, just to start a thread. Is that all you got? I doubt he's much of a "fan".. 

I just might start the "official" thread on Wednesday, and block him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

 Gordon has not played an NFL Game since the Browns visited, and lost to the Carolina Panthers by the score of 17-13, in Charlotte, N.C., back on December 21, 2014.  Gordon  caught 4 catches in that game for  45 yards with a long catch of 18 yards.

Chargers missed the game-winning field goal by Josh Lambo as time expired at FirstEnergy Stadium.

Sure I traveled 6 hours to watch JM get Luke'd on sidelines (right in front of me)..The last time Gordon played..Men, that's a long time to be the shelf in the room or stay comfortably numb..Just for Kicks & Giggles..Lambo is gone..K Novak just went IR & welcome Travis Coons as kicker for the LAC this week :o 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Just for Kicks & Giggles..Lambo is gone..K Novak just went IR & welcome Travis Coons as kicker for the LAC this week :o 

That means we can TIE the kicking battle, and it can be a non-factor unlike the many games this season it has been a factor AGAINST us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nero said:

That means we can TIE the kicking battle, and it can be a non-factor unlike the many games this season it has been a factor AGAINST us. 

Found a stat that.... well, just won't matter:lol:..but Browns rule the NFL world, ranking 9th in KO & PR..While Carson's Buzz-Lightning-year Boltz rank dead last at #32...Edit---Clev I got nothing on Hue's mindless game-planing.. But..Vitale has only been used as a lead blocker..In the past, I have seen Crow & Duke both stay in & jack people up in the hole but now both fade into (Oh Crap!) dump off valves for Kizer..Hue could also help at both ends with addition TE's..Hue has left Kizer on a deserted island to sink or swim all on his own all season..If Hue makes no adjustments for this week? Let him start swimming from LA:)   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Found a stat that.... well, just won't matter:lol:..but Browns rule the NFL world, ranking 9th in KO & PR..While Carson's Buzz-Lightning-year Boltz rank dead last at #32...Edit---Clev I got nothing on Hue's mindless game-planing.. But..Vitale has only been used as a lead blocker..In the past, I have seen Crow & Duke both stay in & jack people up in the hole but now both fade into (Oh Crap!) dump off valves for Kizer..Hue could also help at both ends with addition TE's..Hue has left Kizer on a deserted island to sink or swim all on his own all season..If Hue makes no adjustments for this week? Let him start swimming from LA:)   

Man, you are the hardest to understand around here, lol...

If you mean that Kizer could use some max protection (Oline + 1/2 backs/blocking TEs...) that's something I WISH for. I remember claiming for that in the Jacksonville game and I think that's the only way we can buy enough time for Gordon or Coleman to run deep routes. 

If we can make some big plays in deep routes, and the comeback of Gordon allows us to do that, we can then strech the field and work the underneath zone in front of the safeties with faster plays, and even Play Action plays if we can establish a half decent running game. But I repeat I don't see that happening if we don't win some time in the pocket, and maybe sacrifice some possible receivers. I don't see our current Oline winning those battles without some help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

im watching on a bit of a tape delay. That was a dirty play by okung on Garrett. He knew he was beat. I get it, ur protecting ur qb..but then just grab him..don't drape urself over the guy. Garrett had 320 lbs extra on that ankle as he was going around the corner. We "should" shut him down for the day but who do we Shmucking have then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...