THE BROWNS BOARD

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia and Alabama picked for College Playoff

17 hours ago, mjp28 said:

It would be so easy to do and is being called for by more media outlets, from SB Nation:

Here’s what an eight-team playoff might look like in 2017, if all the conference title game favorites win this coming weekend:

• 8 UCF (G5 rep) at 1 Clemson (ACC champ)
  • 5 Ohio State (Big Ten champ) at 4 Alabama (at-large)
  • 6 USC (Pac-12 champ) at 3 Auburn (SEC champ)
  • 7 Wisconsin (at-large) at 2 Oklahoma (Big 12 champ)

You could make a case for including Penn State or even a two-loss Georgia over Wisconsin, but we’ll go with this.

Considering that Georgia was SEC champ...I think you may revise this.

And NO...no home games.   Continue to use the neutral site bowl games for these first rounds.  They are useless anyway...so incorporate them into this.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Considering that Georgia was SEC champ...I think you may revise this.

And NO...no home games.   Continue to use the neutral site bowl games for these first rounds.  They are useless anyway...so incorporate them into this.

That was just a convenient example I found from SB. And the "at" designation can be the home team even at neutral sites.....which is preferred. Ironically the national championship game will be in ALABAMA this year vs Georgia. 

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That was just a convenient example I found from SB. And the "at" designation can be the home team even at neutral sites.....which is preferred. Ironically the national championship game will be in ALABAMA this year vs Georgia. 

Actually...it will be in Georgia...in Atlanta, vs. Alabama.     Are you getting dyslexic?

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Actually...it will be in Georgia...in Atlanta, vs. Alabama.     Are you getting dyslexic?

D'OH, I only heard it 100 times, good Georgia will have a better shot.......maybe. Maybe not. And no I'm definitely not dlyselxic.

THE NCAA D-1AA and D-1AA CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES.....from vegasinsider.com 

NCAA FOOTBALL SPREAD
freeodds_hdr_vegas1_fbc.gif
01/06 12:00 PM
367 North Dakota State
368 James Madison

-4½ -10
48u-10

-4 -10
48u-10

-4 -10
47u-10

-3½ -10
46½u-10

-4 -10
47u-10

-4 -10
46½u-10

-4 -10
47u-10

-4 -10
47½u-10

-4 -10
48o-12
Picks
TV: ESPN2, DTV: 209
01/08 8:10 PM
151 Alabama
152 Georgia

-4½ -10
47u-10

-4 -10
44½u-10

-4 -10
44½u-10

-4 -10
44½u-10

-4 -10
44½u-10

-3½ -10
44½u-10

-3½ -15
44½u-10

-3½ -10
44½u-10

-3½ -14
44u-10
P

AS YOU SEE BOTH ND ST and ALA are currently the consensus -4 favorites. Both opened as -4 1/2 point favorites. 

ALA is only a -3 1/2 point favorite at a few books shown here.

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

Wrong on the blowout. Still got the win.

One blown coverage from the win for Ga. As my son said that safety was not responsible for the other side of the field and should never have been pulled over by the QBs eyes. He ended up not being in position to pick up his responsibility on the deep R side of the D. Safety 101 class for dummies.

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

They would’ve still had 2 plays to get the first. They’re the most clutch program in the country. I don’t think you can just say that had Georgia covered that play well they would’ve won. 

They are the most professional "football factory" in the NCAA probably  followed by OHIO STATE.....thank goodness or the B1G would be forever behind the SEC.

Also just on a side note GEO +4 did cover as did all four NFL teams, a real underdog week.

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

They are the most professional "football factory" in the NCAA probably  followed by OHIO STATE.....thank goodness or the B1G would be forever behind the SEC.

Also just on a side note GEO +4 did cover as did all four NFL teams, a real underdog week.

No doubt. Second best program in the country right now (and I would say best all time). Though if Clemson shows more staying power then you'd have to give them the title of second best right now. 

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Remember when Trent Richardson, an employed student athlete, was rocking a brand new $40k SUV with custom chrome rims?

Very clutch

Yep. And Vince Young had an Escalade. And everyone at Ohio State had (at least when my friend was there from 2010-2012) brand new cars. 

When I first moved to College Station (this was pre-SEC, pre-new Kyle Field, pre-Johnny, pre-Jimbo, etc.--A&M did not have cash like it does today) and I saw Von Miller in a gas station. He drove a brand new Dodge Charger.

Get with it or get left.

7 hours ago, wargograw said:

When I first moved to College Station (this was pre-SEC, pre-new Kyle Field, pre-Johnny, pre-Jimbo, etc.--A&M did not have cash like it does today) and I saw Von Miller in a gas station. He drove a brand new Dodge Charger.

Are you sure that was Von? Pretty sure he was driving a chicken hauling car. Here's a picture of it from his car collection. Pretty sure that's a chicken symbol on the side (when I'm not wearing my reading glasses). :D 

See the chicken facing right in that yellow thingy with drooping tailfeathers?:rolleyes:

Von Miller Car Collection, 4 Cars Owned

Archived