THE BROWNS BOARD

How the hell can you go 1-27.....

Tacosman

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Means he's a really good college QB on a really great team.

And arguably, statistically light years ahead of Rosen, and a better NFL ready pro QB.

Even in Rosen's game vs Texas A&M, they only gave him a 77.6 grade for the game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-week-1-qb-overview

Steve Palazzolo: Rosen led one of the most incredible comebacks in college football history, but the tape wasn’t nearly as good as the credit he got in the aftermath. The comeback was fueled by two of the luckiest touchdowns you’ll see, including one that should have been a game-ending interception that snuck through a safety’s hands for a score. However, there were some positives, including Rosen’s toughness and his work at the intermediate level where he went 13-for-19 for 214 yards and an NFL passer rating of 141.1. Despite the hype, this game showed how much work Rosen still has to do before being locked in as a top prospect.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

And arguably, statistically light years ahead of Rosen, and a better NFL ready pro QB.

Even in Rosen's game vs Texas A&M, they only gave him a 77.6 grade for the game.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-watch-week-1-qb-overview

Steve Palazzolo: Rosen led one of the most incredible comebacks in college football history, but the tape wasn’t nearly as good as the credit he got in the aftermath. The comeback was fueled by two of the luckiest touchdowns you’ll see, including one that should have been a game-ending interception that snuck through a safety’s hands for a score. However, there were some positives, including Rosen’s toughness and his work at the intermediate level where he went 13-for-19 for 214 yards and an NFL passer rating of 141.1. Despite the hype, this game showed how much work Rosen still has to do before being locked in as a top prospect.

after JFF don't trust any big 12 QB and mayfield is exactly JFF v2.0 IMO. but i was wrong about other players......ain't getting sushi money.

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I had to settle for a second hand bike bought at a second hand store.  We were kind of poor.  My one older brother bought an 'English Racer' with money he made from a paper route.

we were flippin poor too but parents (while alive) tried and spoil us. scwinn, buster browns, pf flyers......jc penny and woolworths and a lollipop after getting your hair chopped off.

8 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I wrote a very similar assessment of the Rosen comeback game here at the time. What's your point?

Statistics? How do you separate the quality of the player from the quality of team from the quality of the competition using QB stats?

1 minute ago, miktoxic said:

we were flippin poor too but parents (while alive) tried and spoil us. scwinn, buster browns, pf flyers......jc penny and woolworths and a lollipop after getting your hair chopped off.

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Schwinn? Boy did they spoil you or what? We got the Sears special of the day. Helped my older brother sell fresh donuts door to door every day so he could save enough for an "English Racer" 3 speed.:D

Still amazed seeing kids on the bike path with those one speeds...   

But speaking of "speeds"- when I started doing serious bike riding back in the late '70s, the rear gear cluster was 5, then 6, 7, 8. My 5 year old custom painted Browns color Waterford has 9- and it's now getting hard to find replacement 9 speed parts. Here's my latest- it's up to 10, and that still isn't the end- by a long shot. They're selling 11 speed gear clusters now. I asked my bike mechanic Roger if that's the limit- & he said nope- Shimano is working on 12. Asked him why? "Because it's more than 11."  :)  Who in the hell needs that many gears? I suppose guys riding in the Tour appreciate the one tooth difference in cogs, but nobody I know rides that precise. While I'm at it- the manufacturers must think no one does loaded touring anymore, or there's old guys who need that 3rd granny gear for going up hills- because 3 speed cranks are going the way of the dinosaur too.  :(  

Image may contain: 1 person, bicycle

17 hours ago, Tacosman said:

i still think we will get  a win....you just dont go 0-16 after going 1-16.  the odds of being that bad are too high

we will lose a close one to the packers as they are still in the running for a wildcard even though they are slim to none.....the steelers will probably be playing fro home field so they will beat the Sheet out of the clowns once again...the ravens will probably still be in a wild card possibilty so they will beat the Sheet out of the clowns...now, the bears...they stinko but they are at home and we are el stinko on the road...a close one...maybe just maybe we win that one...that is the only shot....what a Shmucked up organization the cleveland shitstains are....

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Schwinn? Boy did they spoil you or what? We got the Sears special of the day. Helped my older brother sell fresh donuts door to door every day so he could save enough for an "English Racer" 3 speed.:D

i have a schwinn varsity i bought in 1977...wonder if it is worth anything...used to live out in the sticks in eastern pa yrs ago...rode it alot...been living in atlanta now for over 30 yrs...no where to ride unless you want to get run over by the traffic...became an avid runner now for 30yrs...so the bike is in pretty good shape...guess i need to check out ebay...

i have a 'giant boulder se' hanging from my BR ceiling that i've prob ridden 5-6 times. have a great bike/jogger path right out side my window that goes from yonkers to albany. right overtop the original aqueduct system that brings water down from the fresh water reservoirs. not about biking for me. more about the other assholes who could give a flying f if you lived or died. the crossings from street to path are dangerous yet the millennials act as if there isn't anyone else in the world besides themselves.saw a dude hit and run/killed a baby deer the other day in a 2 lane race coming up the hill where i live. lady yelled at me for not 'scooping' my dog's Sheet up while i'm 50 yards in the woods where the deer, coyotes and other wildlife Sheet for free. what's riding worth if you have to stop every minute to watch some fag stretch in the middle of broadway while people roll their window down and shoot caps in the air?

i'm giving my legcentric bike away so i can just buy this lazy old man gear:

https://www.hsn.com/products/swagtron-swagcycle-folding-electric-bike/8549351

i know i'm cute BUT i can look 'super cute' with this Sheet.

19 hours ago, Tacosman said:

over two years in today's nfl?

that is *hard* to do.

It requires:

-bad luck

-bad coaching/game planning

-bad acquisitions/drafting

and then some more bad luck on top of that.

in today's nfl 1-27 just isnt supposed to happen.

All of the above.

13 hours ago, miktoxic said:

man you can't even type in d.i.c.k. anymore without nancy pancy snowflake hurt my feelings auto-correctness? when did cleveland become lib hub of N. America? though san fran had that distinction?

Just take solace that your status as a d.i.c.k. has not been superseded by  auto correctness or political correctness! :P

19 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

every 1-1.5 years, this same sht. Bring someone new in surely things will get better. And they don't. How many 1-2 yr coaching staffs do we have to go through before some of you clowns get it?

Until we get a group here that knows what the hell they are doing

it doesn’t take 3 years to win in the NFL 

Teams turn around every year. Except this team. Because they keep hiring to wrong people

If this regime stays they might go winless next year too

John McKay had a better record in 2 years with an EXPANSION team

Heck even Cris Palmer won more with the 1999-2000 crap team 

All these people should be fired

2 hours ago, miktoxic said:

i have a 'giant boulder se' hanging from my BR ceiling that i've prob ridden 5-6 times. have a great bike/jogger path right out side my window that goes from yonkers to albany. right overtop the original aqueduct system that brings water down from the fresh water reservoirs. not about biking for me. more about the other assholes who could give a flying f if you lived or died. the crossings from street to path are dangerous yet the millennials act as if there isn't anyone else in the world besides themselves.saw a dude hit and run/killed a baby deer the other day in a 2 lane race coming up the hill where i live. lady yelled at me for not 'scooping' my dog's Sheet up while i'm 50 yards in the woods where the deer, coyotes and other wildlife Sheet for free. what's riding worth if you have to stop every minute to watch some fag stretch in the middle of broadway while people roll their window down and shoot caps in the air?

i hear ya man........Shmucking insane society it has become....i hate texting...will never ever buy an iphone...i had to break down and get my wife one because she was complaining that when she goes to business meetings, she's the only one with a fliptop....guess she has a point there...that is kind of funny...i have a flip top and love it....I also belong to a runners club and all we run are these greenway trails...they are great...no Shmucking cars...awesome....

1 hour ago, Orion said:

You really have to have all the wrong people in place to pull something like that off.

It blows my mind that anyone would entertain the idea of bringing any one of these nincompoops back...

9 hours ago, miktoxic said:

How many miles per battery there Mik?  Got out on a long ride today, looks like the last of the 50 degree weather for awhile. We're very fortunate here in Dayton to have one of the best Rails to Trails systems in the country. Literally 100s of miles, and never have to worry about getting on a road, unless I want to. Though I sometimes do- I can take one of those trails 25 miles out of town, and then it's country road. I can ride for miles and not see a car.  

on that electric bike? i think like 10...??? HA!! 

but to run down on that to another village that has amenities i need at 9 in the AM when half in the bag....priceless.

best fried rides his victoria like 50 miles from his hometown in elmsford up to mt. kisco and back like 4x a week. it runs parallel (from parkway to path about 20 feet) along one of most dangerous idiot infested roadways in the world. don't know if you remember but the lady who drove on entered pkwy on wrong side of road with 4 kids in minivan and empty handle of vodka and did head on collision that killed everyone on both receiving ends? then her husband said she never drank but blood test came back drunk and high as hell? yeah that one. that's what i deal with daily. i've been through dayton many times back in the day on the back and forth between sandusky and ft. knox and it's like eating fluffly wedding cake to this crap.

nothing comes close to NY assholes on the road. well maybe boston and arizona. lived in all 3. 

And the Yucs played 14 game seasons those two years...

... and then went 5-11 in year 3...

... and then 10-6 and made the playoffs year 4.

So what's your point?

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And the Yucs played 14 game seasons those two years...

... and then went 5-11 in year 3...

... and then 10-6 and made the playoffs year 4.

So what's your point?

Hue is historically bad? 1-27 sucks? That just because the Bucs had that track record back in the '70s has ZERO relation to anything the Cleveland Browns of 2017 might do in the future?  I could be dead in 2020? 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, Tour2ma said:

Thanks, but speaking for myself, it's really not a "fan-driven" view... just more of a foresight thing.

Ehhhhh.... true phenomenon that is not universally applicable.

Fits best when outcomes are purely the product of random chance or at least common cause variation. I see it applied often in the stock market for example where in the macro on broad indices like the S&P 500 and Russell 2000, or even sector composites, there is some validity, but that validity decreases greatly as the move to individual companies is made and special causes emerge. You can get real broke real fast looking for poor performing companies to revert to their mean. Common cause variation is a tough case to make for the post-'99 Browns.

Blind faith is stupid. I, and the others members of the "sunshine squad" are not blind... and neither are good statisticians. They would be able to use reversion to the mean to predict future records and duration... within confidence limits of course. But then they would also start from the point of a sound statistical analysis and not half-baked, misapplied generalities.

Folks go with what they know...

your mistake is thinking that there is some 'special cause' or special case here with this organization.  We aren't doing anything revolutionary or different here over the last few years.   over the last 15 years or whatever the browns are certainly an outlier in terms of expected fluctuations/cycles in the modern nfl, but betting on that to continue is foolish......in any collection of that many teams and there many different 3 and 4 year cycles over that time(150+), you're going to have a few data points that don't fit in.  Predicting that to continue is just foolish.  That's why we are bound to get better and have some good times.  Or at least not terrible times.  What the duration of those times will be and whether they will be truly good times or just mediocre times is the key question....

I see sunshine pumpers using half-baked generalities and clichés more than anyone else. 

Just by virtue of sucking so bad now for so many consecutive years(even the last couple) we've upgraded the roster based on how the nfl awards draft picks.  So we'll get better.

I'm understandably frustrated by some of the recent draft picks....Kizer is a second round pick who absolutely blows.  Corey Coleman was a #15 overall pick(NUMBER 15!!!) who quite frankly even when healthy doesn't look like anything close to a #15 overall wideout pick.  The other wide receiver picks(admittedly lower) were obviously busts.  Peppers was a shiny object name pick at the end of the first round that reeks of what bad organizations do.  I'm not saying I could have done better, but then again I'm not paid to do it....they are, and you get judged by your results. 

But we'll get better.  Of that I'm near certain.  The people who say we will continue to suck because "it's the browns" don't know what they are talking about. 

I hate to say it but some of the Browns fans the media and even the owner deserve these two seasons based on the four or five years prior. 

Pushin Holmgren & Company out early, drafting Johnny Manziel, the whole Kyle Shanahan debacle these are a few reasons alone why the Browns, their fans, and especially the media in Cleveland deserve an O- 16 Season

26 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

I hate to say it but some of the Browns fans the media and even the owner deserve these two seasons based on the four or five years prior. 

Pushin Holmgren & Company out early, drafting Johnny Manziel, the whole Kyle Shanahan debacle these are a few reasons alone why the Browns, their fans, and especially the media in Cleveland deserve an O- 16 Season

The long suffering fans don't deserve 0-16, but Truck Stop Jimmy just might....  I honestly believe he cares- but is just clueless on how to build a winning football organization. Not only NFL- but he's got egg on his face in Tennessee on top of that coaching fiasco with the Vols. He apparently learned nothing from his stint as a minority owner of the Steelers. 

52 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

4 or 5 years?

where the F you been since the 70s....URANUS?

clockwork_gif_stpatricksday2.gif.7aec0725ddb9f1cd9a4a1040ef82c910.gif

3 hours ago, Tacosman said:

your mistake is thinking that there is some 'special cause' or special case here with this organization.  We aren't doing anything revolutionary or different here over the last few years.   over the last 15 years or whatever the browns are certainly an outlier in terms of expected fluctuations/cycles in the modern nfl, but betting on that to continue is foolish......in any collection of that many teams and there many different 3 and 4 year cycles over that time(150+), you're going to have a few data points that don't fit in.  Predicting that to continue is just foolish.  That's why we are bound to get better and have some good times.  Or at least not terrible times.  What the duration of those times will be and whether they will be truly good times or just mediocre times is the key question....

I see sunshine pumpers using half-baked generalities and clichés more than anyone else.

Just by virtue of sucking so bad now for so many consecutive years(even the last couple) we've upgraded the roster based on how the nfl awards draft picks.  So we'll get better.

I'm understandably frustrated by some of the recent draft picks....Kizer is a second round pick who absolutely blows.  Corey Coleman was a #15 overall pick(NUMBER 15!!!) who quite frankly even when healthy doesn't look like anything close to a #15 overall wideout pick.  The other wide receiver picks(admittedly lower) were obviously busts.  Peppers was a shiny object name pick at the end of the first round that reeks of what bad organizations do.  I'm not saying I could have done better, but then again I'm not paid to do it....they are, and you get judged by your results.

But we'll get better.  Of that I'm near certain.  The people who say we will continue to suck because "it's the browns" don't know what they are talking about.

sounds like to me with your fluctuations, cycles and data points that you belong on wall st and not telling everyone the browns will get better...christ....

Archived