THE BROWNS BOARD

That last sack on kizer is a major red flag

Clevfan4life

Forget about the fact that apparently de alve was wide open fir a TD, the fact that kizer stepped up and spilled to his left with zero regard for the left defensive end that the right tackle cannot hope to block without some yellow laundry falling on the field....i mean fuk me. What is the right tackle supposed to do to that LDE that he pushed wide above the qb but can now close on from behind? Nothing thats what. Not without blatantly grabbing a ngr from behind like okung did to garrett and got away with. Kizer has no field instincts yet. That play that bosa made could have been made by a backup mac lineman. Qb's know when they spill they have primary rushers that can now come off their blockers and close on him hard. 

This kid either needed to stay in school for anither 2 years than sit fir 1-2 years in the nfl. He's years away. If hue was saddled with this kid, which it does sound like cause he tried to get mccarron here so hard...than fine. But if kizer was hue's pet project and thought he could have kizer ready by the start of the season, hue's got to go. Cant have a hc with that kind of awful instincts about a kid who's own college coach essentially said dont draft him. 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

This kid either needed to stay in school for anither 2 years than sit fir 1-2 years in the nfl. He's years away. If hue was saddled with this kid, which it doesnt sound like cause he tried to get mccarron here so hard...than fine. But if kizer was hue's pet project and thought he could have kizer ready by the start of the season, hue's got to go. Cant have a hc with that kind of awful instincts about a kid who's own college coach essentially said dont draft him. 

The NFL game is still just moving too fast for Kizer.  He has to have learned by this point in the season that you can't hold the ball that long and he also has to have learned that we are in FG range in a 9 point game and he has to protect the ball, above all else at that point.    He hasn't learned either one.   I don't think Hue has learned either one either to this point because I think the game moves too fast for him as well.  He doesn't anticipate well...I think he wasted another time out, on the 3rd down play right before the fumble.    Those two combinations are a major reason why we haven't won a game or two or more this season. 

The defense while not great at getting off the field yesterday, did hold a very good offense to a lot of FG's and it was a game that better play by the offense, specifically the QB was a game that could've been won. 

16 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Forget about the fact that apparently de alve was wide open fir a TD, the fact that kizer stepped up and spilled to his left with zero regard for the left defensive end that the right tackle cannot hope to block without some yellow laundry falling on the field....i mean fuk me. What is the right tackle supposed to do to that LDE that he pushed wide above the qb but can now close on from behind? Nothing thats what. Not without blatantly grabbing a ngr from behind like okung did to garrett and got away with. Kizer has no field instincts yet. That play that bosa made could have been made by a backup mac lineman. Qb's know when they spill they have primary rushers that can now come off their blockers and close on him hard. 

This kid either needed to stay in school for anither 2 years than sit fir 1-2 years in the nfl. He's years away. If hue was saddled with this kid, which it does sound like cause he tried to get mccarron here so hard...than fine. But if kizer was hue's pet project and thought he could have kizer ready by the start of the season, hue's got to go. Cant have a hc with that kind of awful instincts about a kid who's own college coach essentially said dont draft him. 

Totally agree, but I'll put it even more simply. The kid panics and absolutely doesn't have composure in the red zone. It's evident with almost a full season under his belt this is a deep seeded issue, and IMO has only gotten worse throughout the season. 

He's got good back-up material you like, but the game is just too much for him. It's more and more evident each week.

3 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Totally agree, but I'll put it even more simply. The kid panics and absolutely doesn't have composure in the red zone. It's evident with almost a full season under his belt this is a deep seeded issue, and IMO has only gotten worse throughout the season. 

He's got good back-up material you like, but the game is just too much for him. It's more and more evident each week.

Accuracy sporadic at best too. Throws in the dirt, 10 yards over Gordon's head....

48 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

My theory is that Hue was the scapegoat and yes man for the FO's justification of taking Kizer, and expecting to tank for the #1 pick. It all makes sense to me. Especially Hue's coaches going to the media, and the recent McCarron fiasco.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

To which play are you referring?

• The drive ending strip sack by Bosa
  • or the later comeback killing inbounds tackle by Inman (IIRC)?

Not that it matters... both are examples of crunchtime, focused on winning pressure wiping out lessons learned through the season.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

To which play are you referring?

• The drive ending strip sack by Bosa
  • or the later comeback killing inbounds tackle by Inman (IIRC)?

Not that it matters... both are examples of crunchtime, focused on winning pressure wiping out lessons learned through the season.

Well yeah tech both. Forgot about that sack he took at the very end. But i could theiretically let that one slide as its basically last sec desperation at that point. The strip sack by bosa was the one i was specifically referring to. Just zero awareness. I said a few days ago they should attach remote controlled shock pads to kizers junk that not so gently implore him TO GET RID IF THE FUKKING BALL

Archived