THE BROWNS BOARD

New HC Candidates

The Gipper

OK, so, lets speculate about this.   Since I don't see how Hue can stay on after his stint here so far, perhaps we should think about who could be coming here next. 

Here are a few names that are being throw around:

Josh McDaniels....but I think he is BBs heir apparent

Jim Harbaugh...would he leave FMU?

Jim Schwartz...former Lions HC, now doing good job as Eagles DC

Greg Schiano....was going to leave OSU for  Tenn....would Browns consider him?  Would you?

Steve Spagnuolo....Giants DC...now interim HC.   May be more of a candidate for the Giants

Matt Patricia.  DC Pats.   Don't know why but I see him as having reached his pinnacle as a DC.

Teryl Austin.  DC Lions.  Don't know much about him.

Matt Nagy.  OC Chiefs.  After their offense has gone into the tank the last several weeks?

Frank Reich.. OC Eagle.   Mr. Comeback.  At one time held the record in both the NCAA Div. 1 AND the NFL for leading the biggest comebacks in history.  Worth considering.

But, here are two of my favorites:

Mike Vrabel.  now DC of the Texans.  I see him as a sort of latter day Bill Cowher

Mike Munchak.  OL coach of the Steelers.  Former HC of the Titans.  Had a 22-26 record there.  Not Stellar...but a lot of coaches do a lot better the second time around.    Plus....this would remove from the Steelers what I consider their 3rd best asset, behind BR and Brown.

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Can we bring in a new HC without a total house cleaning of asistants? l'd keep Williams.

Perhaps as an adjunct to this we should list "New GM Candidates"....as that would be a question to ask that person.

And I have a Hot Fudge Sundae riding on it with Tour that Sashi will be canned or demoted.  So that MAY in fact be something we should be thinking about even before looking at the HC slot.  

Possible GM candidates:

Dave Gettleman    ex Panthers GM

Louis Riddick   current with ESPN

Nick Caserio....currently with Pats

Eric DeCosta....currently with Ravens

John Dorsey...ex  Chiefs GM

Scot McGloughan  Ex  49ers, Redskins GM....has alcohol issues

Scot Pioli...Ex Pats

Duke Tobin  Bengals DPP

George Patton,  with Vikings.   Who ain't going to listen to a guy with that name?

Eliot Wolf...son of Ron,  with Packers.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Perhaps as an adjunct to this we should list "New GM Candidates"....as that would be a question to ask that person.

And I have a Hot Fudge Sundae riding on it with Tour that Sashi will be canned or demoted.  So that MAY in fact be something we should be thinking about even before looking at the HC slot.  

Regarding Sashi, I'm on your side- there's no way he should be the tiebreaker on personnel decisions. Go back to writing contracts, or go away. FWIW, the Jaguars haven't missed him one bit. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And I have a Hot Fudge Sundae riding on it with Tour that Sashi will be canned or demoted.

Actually you don't... I'm not interested in a soda fountain bet.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

l'd keep Williams.

Yup...

In the unlikely event that Hue gets canned, Gregg should get the job. He'll hire an OC and a DC.

On 12/5/2017 at 1:25 PM, The Gipper said:

Possible GM candidates:

Dave Gettleman    ex Panthers GM

Louis Riddick   current with ESPN

Nick Caserio....currently with Pats

Eric DeCosta....currently with Ravens

John Dorsey...ex  Chiefs GM

Scot McGloughan  Ex  49ers, Redskins GM....has alcohol issues

Scot Pioli...Ex Pats

Duke Tobin  Bengals DPP

George Patton,  with Vikings.   Who ain't going to listen to a guy with that name?

Eliot Wolf...son of Ron,  with Packers.

Browns may have interest with Dorsey.

Archived