THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama invokes the Nazis

Westside Steve

Former President Barack Obama on Tuesday warned against staying complacent in the face of rising nativism, citing the rise of Hitler as an example of what can happen if democracy is not defended, reports Crain’s Chicago Business.

“We have to tend to this garden of democracy or else things could fall apart quickly,” Obama told the audience at the Economic Club of Chicago. “That’s what happened in Germany in the 1930s, which despite the democracy of the Weimar Republic and centuries of high-level cultural and scientific achievements, Adolph Hitler rose to dominate.” 

“Sixty million people died…So, you’ve got to pay attention. And vote,” he further noted.

Though Obama didn’t specifically mention anyone other than Hitler, the comments were largely interpreted as being directed towards President Trump. 

The apparent change in the United States’ approach to foreign policy has not gone unnoticed.

Sigmar Gabriel, Germany’s foreign minister, said on Tuesday that following the U.S. along its current path could diminish the West’s worldwide influence, according to Deutsche Welle.

“The U.S. no longer sees the world as a global community but as a fighting arena where everyone has to seek their own advantage,” Gabriel also commented. “Germany can no longer simply react to U.S. policy but must establish its own position…even after Trump leaves the White House, relations with the U.S. will never be the same.” 

Isn't that what you lefties he gets so upset with Cal for? :lol:

WSS

what a commie tool obaMao is. Democracy to the left, if them winning every election, and

putting all the safeguards in place to protect their law-breaking. It's pretty hopeless - the deep state left

is in so many places - and they all cover for each other. But, there used to be organized crime all over America,

and that was slammed into the wall, so...... we'll see.

lock obaMAO up.

Fascism has developed in democratic countries.  I think it is reckless of President Obama to hint that we are on the brink but to deny the fervent nativism and disdain for liberal democracy in this forum is just as reckless.  I hope that this small community doesn't represent the nation as a whole.

I love the new slur against Real Americans - "nativists"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

We are all of immigrants. It's ILLEGAL LIBERAL FLOODS AND PANDERING FOR LEFTWING VOTES that is the problem.

I-L-L-E-G-A-L. and ILLEGAL CRIMINAL.

and, "liberal democracy" is an oxymoron for morons. Liberals are dicktaters -  not "liberal democracy" advocates

*****************************************************************************************************************

Liberal democracy is a liberal political ideology and a form of government in which representative democracy operates under the principles of classical liberalism. Also called western democracy, it is characterized by fair, free and competitive elections between multiple distinct political parties, a separation of powers into different branches of government, the rule of law in everyday life as part of an open society and the equal protection of human rights, civil rights, civil liberties and political freedoms for all people. To define the system in practice, liberal democracies often draw upon a constitution, either formally written or uncodified, to delineate the powers of government and enshrine the social contract. After a period of sustained expansion throughout the 20th century, liberal democracy became the predominant political system in the world.

********************************************************************************************************************

yeah, like higgardly and the dems squashed sanders in the primary dishonestly, dishonestly conjured up and paid for a dishonest fake "dossier" to slur Trump and help higgardly win, and she STILL LOST. Like uranium one deal, scandals right and left,secret meetings, leftwing politicizing and corrupting the FBI, CIA, DOJ, EPA and the NSA....the lefties get to use our laws as weapons as they see fit, and they put hacks in place to get away with breaking the same laws.

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Fascism has developed in democratic countries.  I think it is reckless of President Obama to hint that we are on the brink but to deny the fervent nativism and disdain for liberal democracy in this forum is just as reckless.  I hope that this small community doesn't represent the nation as a whole.

And to be completely honest fascism in itself is not necessarily evil. Hitler and the Nazis went way overboard because as with most political Frameworks Human Nature has a tendency to fck everything up.

Like democracy...

WSS

20 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And to be completely honest fascism in itself is not necessarily evil. Hitler and the Nazis went way overboard because as with most political Frameworks Human Nature has a tendency to fck everything up.

Like democracy...

WSS

I might agree with it not being evil, per se, but it's against everything I believe in as an American.  Having a single faction, regardless of ideals, control all aspects of life is dystopian.  

Archived