THE BROWNS BOARD

Does this mean mccarron is a done deal?

Clevfan4life

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Oh he'll come cause he gets to start. Prob is the bengals arent going to gift him to their division rival, they may want too much and they know hue needs him.....

I thought McCarron was a FA after this year? 

Don't care what you say....and it may have gotten Sashi fired, but nixing that deal for McCarron was the right thing to do.  They were offering way, way too much.

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I thought McCarron was a FA after this year? 

Don't care what you say....and it may have gotten Sashi fired, but nixing that deal for McCarron was the right thing to do.  They were offering way, way too much.

No, i agree. What was it the deal again? Our 1st 2nd and a 3rd? No way. Sashi was technically right to nix that deal. But i u derstand hues position as well. It was sashi that saddled him with these bullsht qb's but it would be hue losing his job while sashi didnt have to answer for it. 

I would vastly prefer mccown back over mccarron

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

No, i agree. What was it the deal again? Our 1st 2nd and a 3rd? No way. Sashi was technically right to nix that deal. But i u derstand hues position as well. It was sashi that saddled him with these bullsht qb's but it would be hue losing his job while sashi didnt have to answer for it. 

I would vastly prefer mccown back over mccarron

The Browns had agreed to trade a second- and third-round pick to Cincinnati for McCarron at the deadline but failed to submit the proper paperwork by the 4 p.m. ET deadline Tuesday. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742613-report-browns-coaches-believe-sashi-brown-purposely-botched-aj-mccarron-trade

The Garoppolo trade was done for a 2nd round pick,, and had all the Belichick blessings. 

I agree it was good news the deal was botched. 

56 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Oh he'll come cause he gets to start. Prob is the bengals arent going to gift him to their division rival, they may want too much and they know hue needs him.....

Yes, if he's a RFA, the asking price may be too high. 

50 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

McCarron is a free agent after this season.

But as above RFA, or UFA? Stay tuned. #33 is too much if he get a second round tender, or a first? Forget it. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

But its restricted right?

He's restricted for sure. Would the Bengals offer McCarron the nearly $4 mill a 1st round tender would entail? I don't see it, but who knows. Not an unheard amount for a back-up, but I see a 2nd round tender being more likely. 

12 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah if we can send em the 2nd 2nd rounder and britt, im all for it. And if coleman drops another TD pass they can throw him in there too

I'm pretty sure in this scenario, the Bengals automatically get the highest 2nd round pick. I'm pretty sure that's how it works, talking about the RFA deal that is to say.

3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

A 2nd rounder for a QB that can’t beat out Andy Dalton is insane. 

I give up. 

Thank God it didn't happen.. At least not yet , anyway...

Hogan will start now. The new guy will say, "How's Hogan been doing?" and "Start him!" :):) Let's GOOO!

13 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

And is that a bad thing "if" we still take a qb with the 1st pick? Hue gets a serviceable qb who knows his system and a #1 pick thst doesnt have to be thrown in from the beginning

Would seem logical at this point.  After the Haslam/Hue love-fest prior to the Cincinnati game, Dorsey might not have a lot of choice there.  He does prefer SEC talent, so he could be on board with a McCarron deal.  Still would draft a QB from a Power 5 team with #1 - so Darnold, probably.  He drafted Hogan, so he might be in.

That would all be to appease Haslam/Hue.  Then, maybe he'll return to his nature and draft CB, LB and linemen.

Archived