Jump to content
THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Schedule, Scouting the QBs


hoorta
 Share

Recommended Posts

Set your DVRs now. If I've missed anyone, feel free to add. Or players at other positions we need to watch...   All times EST

12\22 ESPN 4PM Wyoming- Central Michigan   Josh Allen

12\26 ESPN 9PM Kansas State- UCLA   Josh Rosen

12\28 ESPN 1:30PM Virginia- Navy   Kurt Benkert (some have mentioned him as a sleeper- I've only seen one series) 

12\28 ESPN 5:15PM Oklahoma State- Virginia Tech    Mason Rudolph (Gipper fave)

12\29 ESPN 8:30PM Ohio State- USC    Sam Darnold

12\30 ESPN Noon Louisville- Mississippi State   Lamar Jackson

12\30 ESPN 4PM Penn State- Washington    Jake Browning (as a bonus Saquon Barkley) 

1\1     ESPN 5PM Oklahoma- Georgia    Baker Mayfield

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As each day gets closer for me, it's all about the Josh Rosen show. He's without a doubt the most polished prospect this year. He played extremely well despite having to literally carry the team throwing the football week after week. He compares extremely favorably to Jared Goff, and is an extremely "safe" pick. It's also apparent that this whole bad teammate thing is overblown, which is almost always the top "con" for him Darnold may have more upside, but we don't need that crap again. Rosen has just about everything you look for in an elite draft prospect, so it's time to make the obvious pick. 

Not to mention, the dude is also used to starting early and often.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Set your DVRs now. If I've missed anyone, feel free to add. Or players at other positions we need to watch...   All times EST

12\22 ESPN 4PM Wyoming- Central Michigan   Josh Allen

12\26 ESPN 9PM Kansas State- UCLA   Josh Rosen

12\28 ESPN 1:30PM Virginia- Navy   Kurt Benkert (some have mentioned him as a sleeper- I've only seen one series) 

12\28 ESPN 5:15PM Oklahoma State- Virginia Tech    Mason Rudolph (Gipper fave)

12\29 ESPN 8:30PM Ohio State- USC    Sam Darnold

12\30 ESPN 4PM Penn State- Washington    Jake Browning (as a bonus Saquon Barkley) 

1\1     ESPN 5PM Oklahoma- Georgia    Baker Mayfield

Joseph Thomas Barrett?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Joseph Thomas Barrett?

Same thought here... the guy gets zero respect.

I can't help but feel he'll end up playing some position for some team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get that, but he's one of those "competitors" often find a way onto a field.

A couple other Buckeyes who "only played QB" have converted to WRs. Wouldn't shock me to see JT convert to RB. His workouts and Combine should give a clue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

I get that, but he's one of those "competitors" often find a way onto a field.

A couple other Buckeyes who "only played QB" have converted to WRs. Wouldn't shock me to see JT convert to RB. His workouts and Combine should give a clue.

That if he's invited to the combine... How many QBs are invited to it? There are already 7 QBs in Hoorta's list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nero said:

That if he's invited to the combine... How many QBs are invited to it? There are already 7 QBs in Hoorta's list. 

Took a little research to find the answer Nero. But this year 15 QBs got invited. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Took a little research to find the answer Nero. But this year 15 QBs got invited. 

Didn't think there were so many.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Music City Bowl - Fri Dec 25

https://247sports.com/Article/Commitment-Analysis-LB-MJ-Tafisi-to-Washington-112020228

Interesting kid - don't know if he'll stay in school...

Clayton Thorson completed his third regular season as the starting quarterback for Northwestern. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder from Wheaton, Illinois, threw for 2,809 yards, 15 touchdowns and 12 interceptions as a junior. Thorson's season was a step back individually compared to his sophomore season. In 2016, Thorson threw for over 3,000 yards and 22 touchdowns as the Wildcats went 7-6. 

Thorson enters the game with 7,513 career passing yards. That's second all-time in career passing yards for Northwestern.  

He's flying way under the radar right now - but if I was drafting, and he was there 4th round/5th round? I'd pick a second qb in Thorson. or maybe he goes higher after the combine - maybe though, he'll stay in school one more year. He doesn't have a bigtime class of offensive players around him...

I say under the radar...but check this out:

This is Mel Kiper (for whatever that's worth?) list last year of qb's to watch:

Quarterbacks

1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
7. *Luke Falk, Washington State
8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan
9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2017 at 3:34 PM, hoorta said:

Set your DVRs now. If I've missed anyone, feel free to add. Or players at other positions we need to watch...   All times EST

12\22 ESPN 4PM Wyoming- Central Michigan   Josh Allen

12\26 ESPN 9PM Kansas State- UCLA   Josh Rosen

12\28 ESPN 1:30PM Virginia- Navy   Kurt Benkert (some have mentioned him as a sleeper- I've only seen one series) 

12\28 ESPN 5:15PM Oklahoma State- Virginia Tech    Mason Rudolph (Gipper fave)

12\29 ESPN 8:30PM Ohio State- USC    Sam Darnold

12\30 ESPN 4PM Penn State- Washington    Jake Browning (as a bonus Saquon Barkley) 

1\1     ESPN 5PM Oklahoma- Georgia    Baker Mayfield

Thatta boy Larry - thanks for the must-see TV!    Can we pin this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • hoorta pinned this topic
On 12/7/2017 at 4:00 PM, jrb12711 said:

As each day gets closer for me, it's all about the Josh Rosen show. He's without a doubt the most polished prospect this year. He played extremely well despite having to literally carry the team throwing the football week after week. He compares extremely favorably to Jared Goff, and is an extremely "safe" pick. It's also apparent that this whole bad teammate thing is overblown, which is almost always the top "con" for him Darnold may have more upside, but we don't need that crap again. Rosen has just about everything you look for in an elite draft prospect, so it's time to make the obvious pick. 

Not to mention, the dude is also used to starting early and often.

I don’t think “literally” means what you think it means. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

I don’t think “literally” means what you think it means. 

I do, you're just foolish. Look at the stats, look at the tape, and come back with a straight face and tell me he didn't literally carry the team to the record they have. I'll eagerly await-feel free to read the dozens and dozens of articles agreeing with me along the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Rosen and have seen him make many great, nfl quality throws, but I have never seen him literally carry another person, let alone an entire team. An entire team weighs tens of thousands of pounds, how could anyone expect a skinny California boy to literally carry that much weight? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

I love Rosen and have seen him make many great, nfl quality throws, but I have never seen him literally carry another person, let alone an entire team. An entire team weighs tens of thousands of pounds, how could anyone expect a skinny California boy to literally carry that much weight? 

Man I bet you're just super fun at parties. Very cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Man I bet you're just super fun at parties. Very cool.

He'd be welcome to any party I host. :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2017 at 3:34 PM, hoorta said:

Set your DVRs now. If I've missed anyone, feel free to add. Or players at other positions we need to watch...   All times EST

12\22 ESPN 4PM Wyoming- Central Michigan   Josh Allen

12\26 ESPN 9PM Kansas State- UCLA   Josh Rosen

12\28 ESPN 1:30PM Virginia- Navy   Kurt Benkert (some have mentioned him as a sleeper- I've only seen one series) 

12\28 ESPN 5:15PM Oklahoma State- Virginia Tech    Mason Rudolph (Gipper fave)

12\29 ESPN 8:30PM Ohio State- USC    Sam Darnold

12\30 ESPN Noon Louisville- Mississippi State   Lamar Jackson

12\30 ESPN 4PM Penn State- Washington    Jake Browning (as a bonus Saquon Barkley) 

1\1     ESPN 5PM Oklahoma- Georgia    Baker Mayfield

  MISSED ONE! A "new" qb may enter the draft. His HC is leaving to coach elsewhere. Drew Lock.  Missouri vs Texas

Where is the Texas Bowl, and how can I watch?

Stadium and city: NRG Stadium in Houston, Tx.

Date and time: Dec. 27, 9 p.m. ET

TV and streaming: ESPN and WatchESPN

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/3/16222552/texas-bowl-2017-date-location-tv-schedule-streaming-online

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What skinny pouty qb kid from California would be happy to play in a blue collar, high wind, bad winter weather

city on the Great Lake like Cleveland? Sure, Brian Sipe sure did. But we knew Brian Sipe, and rosen,....

you're no Brian Sipe.:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 bowl games down with the big schools yet to play. From my man cave couch, if Dorsey has any eyes out on the 30 teams that have played? There is no need to reach on any RB’s or WR’s in this upcoming draft..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Zombo unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...