THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Schedule, Scouting the QBs

hoorta

damnit, wanted to see Rosen, didnt play, wanted to see Kerwin James today, not playing WTF? thank the lord that players wont skip the CFP.

56 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

damnit, wanted to see Rosen, didnt play, wanted to see Kerwin James today, not playing WTF? thank the lord that players wont skip the CFP.

I am seeing what seems like Rosen being a big Chicken arse.    He didn't play yesterday due to a concussion?   Why do I think that is subterfuge...in that he just didn't want to jeopardize his draft status.

He doesn't want to play for the Browns?  Why? Because it is too cold in Cleveland?  That would be a Vaginal attitude?  Because the Browns lose all the time?  Well...if he is as good as he thinks he is....they would not lose all the time because he would have the kohones to be confident that HE is a winner...and could bring winning here. 

I have not done that much research into him....but these things do seem rather Kuntish, do they not?

10 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Concussion protocol.  He didn't skip it just to skip it. I wanted to see him play also.  

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I have not done that much research into him....but these things do seem rather Kuntish, do they not?

It does.

On 12/27/2017 at 12:14 PM, The Gipper said:

I am seeing what seems like Rosen being a big Chicken arse.    He didn't play yesterday due to a concussion?   Why do I think that is subterfuge...in that he just didn't want to jeopardize his draft status.

He doesn't want to play for the Browns?  Why? Because it is too cold in Cleveland?  That would be a Vaginal attitude?  Because the Browns lose all the time?  Well...if he is as good as he thinks he is....they would not lose all the time because he would have the kohones to be confident that HE is a winner...and could bring winning here. 

If its true that he was out due to a concussion from a game that happened a month ago, what chance does he have of surviving in the NFL?  

16 hours ago, Mark O said:

If its true that he was out due to a concussion from a game that happened a month ago, what chance does he have of surviving in the NFL?  

Fair statement.  But, like I said, I think it was just a subterfuge. At least others had the honesty to say:  I am sitting out of this meaningless bowl game in order to avoid a devastating injury that could jeopardize my draft position.    I think that is precisely what Rosen did....its just that he lied about it.   Now....if he did play....and if he did suffer another concussion...it COULD hurt him, I think. So, I have no real problem if that is why he stayed out.....I just don't like him lying about it.

Rosen has some history of concussions. At least twice this season he missed practice time due to protocol. He suffered two concussions in November.

As his HC put it:

“I want to be clear on this: Josh wanted to play,” the interim coach said by way of ESPN.com. “Josh was unable to play because of the fact that he had two concussions within a four-week span in November, and our physicians didn’t feel comfortable putting him out there and putting him at risk for a possibility of a third concussion.”

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/ucla-makes-it-clear-josh-rosen-wanted-to-play-in-bowl-game-but-doctors-wouldnt-allow-it/

Gip, you are free to "think" what you like, but when you assert someone is lying based on that... well... that is being "kuntish".

On 1/2/2018 at 5:04 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Kinda like drafting a QB that's prone to migraines. 

I got migraines for the first time in my life this year.....NO WAY could you effectively plan or play professional football with them.

Should add.. last chance to see the guys before the combine...

East-West Shrine game January 20th 3PM NFLN A lot of players I never heard of- JT Barrett being the exception.

The it gets real interesting...

Senior Bowl January 27th 2:30PM 

Mike White Western Kentucky QB 6-4 225 C-USA

Kurt Benkert Virginia QB 6-4 215 ACC

Luke Falk Washington State QB 6-4 223 Pac-12

Kyle Lauletta Richmond QB 6-3 215 FCS

Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State QB 6-5 230 Big 12

Josh Allen Wyoming QB6-5 233 MW

Baker Mayfield Oklahoma QB 6-1 220 Big 12

The actual Sr. Bowl is usually anti-climactic... especially for player evaluation. The practices are where it's at. Here's the schedule. All should be broadcast live on the NFL Network.

Tuesday, January 23

1:30 pm – 3:00 pm (SOUTH)
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm (NORTH)

Wednesday, January 24

12:30 pm – 2:30 pm (NORTH)
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm (SOUTH)

Thursday, January 25

12:30 pm – 2:30 pm (NORTH)
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm (SOUTH)

Here's a link to a sortable list of accepted invitees. https://www.seniorbowl.com/accepted-invites.php

On 1/13/2018 at 5:04 PM, gumby73 said:

2 day early Underclassman (no seniors) Commitment list  https://247sports.com/Bolt/2018-NFL-Draft-College-football-players-going-pro-early-111318619  

Just over 100 of them... about 22 hours to go.

On 1/14/2018 at 6:39 PM, Tour2ma said:

Just over 100 of them... about 22 hours to go.

got nothing updated..but if this holds true, setting up nicely https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/nfl_draft_2018_which_positions.html#/ncart_river_index  not seeing Myock agreeing in a few weeks..

.......Games like this are more about the individual performances than the outcome of the game for the scouts evaluating this year's NFL draft prospects. It's a great opportunity for some small-school stars that might not get a lot of attention and unheralded players from larger programs to make a statement on a big stage.......

How true and a sneak peek of the whole draft process and the last semblance of  college football for awhile.

• Zombo unpinned this topic

Archived