THE BROWNS BOARD

We are still going to take....

Tacosman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baker Mayfield is a good player.

Make no mistake, he's no Kevin Hogan. Crazy Kev is the mafaqin man. You'll see. :)

No, no, nooo... You're doing it wrong again. 

Start Hogan. Barkley and Ridley in the first(as of right now), pick up Mayfield with a trade up or wait to take him at the top of the 2nd. He might fall there because of various concerns. 

Hogan, Barkley, Duke, Gordon, Ridley, Coleman, Njoku and DeValve. We "sprinkley" a little Peppers over on offense and really mess with defense with Hogan and Peppers ala Salt and Pepper through the WildDawg. Kessler goes bye-bye and Kizer is 3rd string long term "project", Mayfield is the Backup. 

There you go. 10-6 next year, Wildcard. Playoff. Bank it. ;)

35 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

mayfield doesn't have the type of arm talent you look for as a high first round draft pick

Are you kidding me? He was tossing on target 50 yard bombs against TCU. You'll have another chance to see for yourself New Year's Day in the Rose Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

All Big 12 QBs are suspect in my book. They put up video game numbers and then never amount to much in the pros.

Duly noted. Baker just might have the Heisman Curse working against him on top of it. But as I pointed out in another thread- in the same vein (since Joe Montana) all Notre Dame QBs are equally suspect.  :) 

54 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Are you kidding me? He was tossing on target 50 yard bombs against TCU. You'll have another chance to see for yourself New Year's Day in the Rose Bowl. 

a lot of college guys with a clean pocket and room to step up can throw a ball 50 yards on a go.....that doesnt neccessarily make an nfl arm

You guys are stupid. The Browns will win out now that Sackashitsi is gone.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Kiss of death.  Avoid at all costs now.  

LOL!!!!

3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Baker will win the Heisman and national championship and it still won’t change anyone’s view on the board. They’ll still hate him then. I see the “it” factor will him. He’s something special. Haters gonna hate though.

Because winning the Heisman (check out that list of QBs for a good laugh) and a National Championship does not an NFL QB make. 

22 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

It would be pretty hilarious if we traded down now, ANALYTICS SAYS TRADE DOWN bed wetters would be left scratching their heads 

sashi was going to take a qb #1 and so will we now.

For all the analytics talk, sashi sure did a lot of non-analytics things

22 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

It would be pretty hilarious if we traded down now, ANALYTICS SAYS TRADE DOWN bed wetters would be left scratching their heads 

sashi was going to take a qb #1 and so will we now.

For all the analytics talk, sashi sure did a lot of non-analytics things

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Because winning the Heisman (check out that list of QBs for a good laugh) and a National Championship does not an NFL QB make. 

A bunch of random football fans on some site can't do evaluation as well as some of the best talent evaluators in pro sports. A few guys are religious about PFF, and when they graded Baker #1 by Far the top QB coming into the draft this year, they just disagreed with it without any info to back it up besides a "gut feeling out of left field".

20 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

A bunch of random football fans on some site can't do evaluation as well as some of the best talent evaluators in pro sports. A few guys are religious about PFF, and when they graded Baker #1 by Far the top QB coming into the draft this year, they just disagreed with it without any info to back it up besides a "gut feeling out of left field".

I regularly mock PFF on here so that may have solidified my opinion against Mayfield. 

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Here are the QBs that won the Heisman in the last 30 years or so.   

Lamar Jackson

Marcus Mariota

Jameis Winston

Johnny Manziel

Robert Griffin

Cam Newton

Sam Bradford

Tim Tebow

Troy Smith

Matt Leinert

Jason White

Carson Palmer

Eric Crouch

Chris Weinke

Danny Wuerffel

Charlie Ward

Gino Torretta

Ty Detmer

Andre Ware

Vinny Testaverde.

So...who out of these has been any good as a pro QB?

26 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Actually that would be you.  I've asked for your assessment beyond "HEISMAN, STATS, WINNER, LEADER"... still has yet to happen.

Also PFF grades aren't indicative of translatable NFL skill.   Those geeks are cool but some things can't be quantified by numbers. 

Archived