THE BROWNS BOARD

We are still going to take....

Tacosman

On 12/7/2017 at 10:21 PM, Tacosman said:

mayfield doesnt have the type of arm talent you look for as a high first round draft pick

The last time I saw him play he threw a 55 yard rope that hit his receiver in stride. The first thing I said after that (to the guy I watched the game with) was I'll guarantee you people will look at his height and the very first thing they will question is his arm strength.   Not every QB about that height has to be the next Colt McCoy - sometimes there's a Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Warren Moon or Joe Theisman...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2017 at 7:01 PM, BaconHound said:

I hope Dorsey is his own man.  If the organization from top to bottom think there is a QB worth drafting, then do it.  If they believe that there isn't add depth and talent, no knee-jerk decisions.  

Sooo, consensus?

• 9 months later...
On 12/8/2017 at 2:15 PM, crstphr2 said:

Baker Mayfield.

He walked on to Texas Tech and TOOK the starting job.

He transferred to Oklahoma and TOOK the starting job away from a QB that had just lit up Alabama.

He has had to earn everything.

His teammates carried his jersey onto the field for the coin flip the game he was suspended from being captain.

Everyone wants to follow him.

He is toying with most teams

He has played in college for four full years.

He is the type who will come into camp and TAKE the starting job for himself.

Where it goes from there is anyone's guess

Just kinda mentioning this again.  :)

On 12/7/2017 at 9:52 PM, Tacosman said:

a qb at the top of the first round likely this year.  Whether we pick up a guy like AJ or not.

And we should.  it's the right move.  Darnold or Rosen.

you mean Darnold - the interception thrower? LOL (THE BROWNS WON _ BAKER MADE THE PLAYS)

On 12/7/2017 at 10:21 PM, Tacosman said:

mayfield doesnt have the type of arm talent you look for as a high first round draft pick

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I had Baker's temperament as a pro as a possible problem - boy, was I wrong. He is just a brilliant qb with a terrific arm.

oh yeah, THE BROWNS WON !!!!!! MAYFIELD TOOK OVER JUST BEFORE THE HALF, AND ROCKED !

Called it! LOL

Archived