THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Mania!

Zombo

It is time to join Bowl Mania! see if you can beat last year.s winner, Beanpot, or two-time Champion, The Great Zomboni!

http://games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2017/en/group?groupID=10598

Group Type: Public
Group Game Mode: Confidence - Pick the winners of each matchup. Then order your picks based on confidence. The higher the confidence, the more points you get for a correct pick.
Group Motto: "Pittsburgh Sucks"
Group Size: 1+
Group Entries Per User: 1
Locking Rules: Unlocked - Entries may leave/join group at any time

• Zombo featured this topic
  • Zombo pinned this topic

I'm in. 

If I don't end last I will consider myself successful. 

Signed: The Spaniard who hasn't seen any NCAA match in his life. 

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

You'll probably win

Is that a corollary of your rant about how the confidence points suck? lol. 

No...I think it would be funny if you won.    But confidence points still suck donkey balls.

I guess it would be funny, yes. I was thinking about voting following the overal trend of the ESPN picks but I'll study a bit and will try my best ;) 

Just now, Nero said:

I guess it would be funny, yes. I was thinking about voting following the overal trend of the ESPN picks but I'll study a bit and will try my best ;) 

you're gonna study?   Shit...you'll know more about these teams than I will.  

you're gonna study?   Sheet...you'll know more about these teams than I will.  

By studying I mean that I won't give a monkey some darts and let him make the picks. Don't expect me inverting too much time reading around either. 

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm in. 

If I don't end last I will consider myself successful. 

Signed: The Spaniard who hasn't seen any NCAA match in his life. 

You had us at "match".

Z

Mark doesn't like Confidence Points because his coin only has two sides...

On 12/8/2017 at 11:19 PM, calfoxwc said:

in... the winner strategy is trying to figure out the upsets that defy common sense. They are really tough to figure out.

It's the whole electoral college thing...

When is the deadline for picking the National Championship final winner?

I mean, you can leave that pick blank until you know who's really playing the final, right? 

7 minutes ago, Nero said:

I mean, you can leave that pick blank until you know who's really playing the final, right? 

I believe that all picks are locked at a certain point.   Might be before the first bowl game but I'm pretty sure that you have to pick the national champion before knowing who's in the final. 

Here's a hint for you....Don't pick USC to win the national championship.

5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Here's a hint for you....Don't pick USC to win the national championship.

Thanks, I don't know what would I do without your wisdom. 

20 minutes ago, Nero said:

lol... If this small of a "bracket" gives you pause, you are going to love our NCAA Basketball challenge. :)

Yes, you have to lock in your Championship pick not knowing for sure that the matchup you see happening will in fact be the the matchup. The deadline is the same as the deadline for the entire effort.

Not confident in predicting that outcome? Perhaps a confidence level adjustment is in order... just ask Mark for help. ;)

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... If this small of a "bracket" gives you pause, you are going to love our NCAA Basketball challenge. :)

Yes, you have to lock in your Championship pick not knowing for sure that the matchup you see happening will in fact be the the matchup. The deadline is the same as the deadline for the entire effort.

Not confident in predicting that outcome? Perhaps a confidence level adjustment is in order... just ask Mark for help. ;)

It makes no sense. Once again, everyone in the world calls their championships ''Cups'', whereas americans call them ''Bowls'', so I didn't expect it making any.

I checked and the picks have to be made before Sat 16, so I guess that makes me give the National Championship final 1 point. 

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I already offered help.  I told him not to pick USC for the national champion.    As for help with fucking confidence points?   He  can fucking jolly well figure it for his own fucking self.  

Confidence points blow....  have I mentioned that already?

There's nothing wrong with confidence points..........or do overs, timeouts, play nice with the other kids, don't cheat. :lol:

......I'm in baby.....now you guys will probably destroy me I've had zero chance to prepare for this so let's all just have fun.....right.

Now which buttons do you use to make your picks? ;)

.....oh this is for money right?

Edited by mjp28