THE BROWNS BOARD

Bowl Mania!

Zombo

Yeah, I reached on Arizona State and Memphis, so bye bye to me it appears. 

Bowl Mania with confidence points is my favorite by far. I've never been into fantasy football league stuff.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

It really comes down to the potential upsets and who has the guts to pick them -or- just stay away and go safe. If Mark runs the table he is the winner obviously but it should get real interesting to see who ends up #1 both in the NCAA and of course more importantly here.

Oh and let's not forget Monday's games can Michigan make the BIG TEN go undefeated and can outgoing coach Scott Frost make UCF go 13-0 before heading to Nebraska as their new head coach? And then there's ND/LSU? 

So Clemson, OU, Georgia or Bama? Hmmmmmmmmm. And the answer is _____________ .  I hope you picked your tiebreaker questions!  ;)

My picks are locked and I'm not changing anything.     Good luck...

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I'm finally getting to the place I belong: last. LOL

I don't remember picking that many upsets, but I have changed 2 picks since the games began and maybe having into account starters missing and key injuries I would have figured everything better. Or have there been many surprises? I have no idea really. 

8 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I'm finally getting to the place I belong: last. LOL

I don't remember picking that many upsets, but I have changed 2 picks since the games began and maybe having into account starters missing and key injuries I would have figured everything better. Or have there been many surprises? I have no idea really. 

I was rooting for you to beat Zombo.  I'm disappointed in you.   :-)  

I truly have no idea if there have been surprises.    I just picked the teams that had better colors as far as all of you know. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I was rooting for you to beat Zombo.  I'm disappointed in you.   :-)  

I truly have no idea if there have been surprises.    I just picked the teams that had better colors as far as all of you know. 

I was close to him for some time! I believe I was 8th and he was 7th at some point. Well that point was before I f*cked up 5 out of 6 picks last days or something like that! 

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

My picks are locked and I'm not changing anything.     Good luck...

I changed one which I hate to do but might just stay hands off on the rest, good luck all.......

I WILL NOT CHANGE MY PICK FROM AUBURN TO UCF

I...

dammit. maybe.

Nope.

well...maybe...

NOPE.

dammit. lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I...

dammit. maybe.

Nope.

well...maybe...

NOPE.

dammit. lol

:lol:

Old golf saying....... "study long, study wrong"........ Oh yeah keep over analysing and you'll drive yourself nuts plus probably move from a winner to a loser.

• Haha 1

and, with Mayfield being flu bug sick? this week, will Roquan Smith be on him like bark on a tree?

Does Brown, his left tackle, have quick enough feet to stop Roquan Smith? I don't think so.

Is Mayfield experienced and smart enough to handle that? yep. Who has the better defense?

GEORGIA. Who has the MOST? dynamic rb tandem in college this year? Georgia.

maybe I could change...

NOPE. dammit

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Old golf saying....... "study long, study wrong"........ Oh yeah keep over analysing and you'll drive yourself nuts plus probably move from a winner to a loser.

Golf + "s in place of z" = Scot?

43 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Golf + "s in place of z" = Scot?

Oh geeeezzzz. And it's more like half Ukrainian and half Johnny Bull........oh yeah I do have some Scots/Irish in there too.

(oh and I saw that but was too lazy to go back and fix it :lol: )

Edited by mjp28

So...JRB is 97 points behind me and has 98 possible points left.   I only have 29 points available.   I'm guessing as long as I get one of these last 2 games right today it's all over.  

Confidence points still blow goats. 

And Nero is ahead of MLD Woody with 3 games to play.   Of course Michigan was the only big ten team to lose it's bowl game so hopefully our resident ichigan honk will finish behind the spaniard who's never seen a college football match.  

I was smart in hitching my star on Michigan  (like others) good defense but can't score, oh well it's almost over. 

1 minute ago, Bob806 said:

I lost 76 points on scUM & Auburn. Hap hap happy New year to me lol.

Not the only one. In the last 3 games nobody guessed more than one game. And only 5 members made a correct pick. 

33 minutes ago, Mark O said:

And Nero is ahead of MLD Woody with 3 games to play.   Of course Michigan was the only big ten team to lose it's bowl game so hopefully our resident ichigan honk will finish behind the spaniard who's never seen a college football match.  

Not anymore. I watched the Louisville vs Michigan State one, just to realize that Lamar Jackson is someone I wouldn't like to have on my team. 

• Upvote 1

24 unanswered points by Georgia. If they take the game, it's going to be silly by MarkO... Because he was the only one who picked them! LOL

17 minutes ago, Nero said:

24 unanswered points by Georgia. If they take the game, it's going to be silly by MarkO... Because he was the only one who picked them! LOL

I'll teach y'all next year how to pick these games for a small price.

• Haha 1

Congrats to MarkO! 

Group Results

RANK ENTRY, OWNER PPR TOTAL PCT
1 13 636 100
2 63 523 95.1
3 81 495 88.5
4 32 467 75.5
5 17 440 61.1
6 81 431 56.6
7 79 412 47.6
8 35 402 43.4
9 15 362 29.7
10 43 355 28.0
11 81 250 17.3
  • Thanks 1

Congrats MarkO... hard to do better than the 99.9 percentile... great showing.

And special thanks to Woody for making sure I finish in the Top Ten. ;)

Now I just need someone to explain how our Group Average is 218.8 when the lowest total is 250???

11 hours ago, Nero said:

Congrats to MarkO! 

Group Results

RANK ENTRY, OWNER PPR TOTAL PCT
1 13 636 100
2 63 523 95.1
3 81 495 88.5
4 32 467 75.5
5 17 440 61.1
6 81 431 56.6
7 79 412 47.6
8 35 402 43.4
9 15 362 29.7
10 43 355 28.0
11 81 250 17.3

His wife must have made the picks for him.

Zombo

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

His wife must have made the picks for him.

Zombo

Did you even participate?  I can't scroll down far enough to find you?   

Thanks to the academy and to all the little people along the way who made this possible...blah blah blah. 

Confidence points still suck. 

• Haha 4

Congratulations Mark on your win and better yet for you, you can watch the National Championship game and relax.

But the race for #2, 3, 4 and 5 is still not finalized but Woody has a stranglehold on #11!

It's been fun! Michael 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I am just really proud of my bowl mania picks - I'm nowhere near the bottom,

and I'm ahead of zombo. Moral victory.

I think it was in midseason that I saw your progression and thought you could reach the top. GJ anyway!